Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Whose am I?

Author Topic: Whose am I?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whose am I? Do I belong to myself still or does someone else own me?

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? Don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether youi be in the faith; prove your own selves. Do you not know your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except you be reprobates.

Luke 1:68
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Galatians 3:13
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree.

1 Peter 1
17 And if you call on the Father, who without respect of persons judges according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear.

18 Forasmuch as you know that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers.

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

Let’s say that a friend on earth redeems me like a kinsman redeemer. Who do I belong to after that?

Do I now belong to the person who redeemed me?

Or does “a redeemed person” mean that someone else simply paid my debt for me and now I still belong to myself and I am free to go be myself, as were redeemed was a free gift?

And if you say, “a redeemed person” means that someone else paid my debt for me and now I still belong to myself and am free to go, am I redeemed as a free gift, or do I have an obligation or a debt to pay?

Isaiah 41:14
Fear not, you worm Jacob and you men of Israel; I will help you, says the LORD and your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men unto condemnation; evenso by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

But, if you say, "I am His now", what is it that you do during the day that justifies your saying, "I am His now"?

thank you, eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement