Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Whosoever confesses Me before men...

Author Topic: Whosoever confesses Me before men...
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, oneinchrist, I'm splendid tonight...I can't think of a better life than knowing Jesus and His Father and the counsel of the Holy Spirit.

oneinchrist, I totally agree that it is insufficient to just say "gospel". That could be any gospel or "good news". Okay, good news, so what?

But am I going to add the dreaded words "of Jesus Christ" to it? And it isn't even so much of whether that person you talked to became saved or not because it is more a question of your own salvation than of his salvation. Why?

Matthew 10:32
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 12:8
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God.

Who is doing the confessing? It is not the person to whom you spoke. You were the one confessing and it is your name that Jesus confessed before His Father and before the angels of God.

It was not the other person's name. Now, you may wish that it was also the other perso's name, but it's your name only that is mentioned, not his name.

Now you may wish that it was his name also but that is called witnessing the testimony of Jesus, when the opportunity arises.

love, eden

Be blessed, everyone here.
eden
"His lovingkindenss is everlasting"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
How are you tonite? You got me thinkin with this post....thinkin about the other day at work when I was witnessing to this guy....and my flesh wanted to resist it, but my conscience was tugging at me ....say it! say it! I was going to end at "gospel" but my heart convicted me and I finally opened up and said....."We need to repent and believe on the gospel of Jesus Christ" ....but if I would have ended at "gospel" than it could be anybody's gospel then, right? Oh I so much agree Eden, we cannot be ashamed of our Lord or the Name of our Lord. It seems so easy to use the word God, but we need to hear the name of the One who can bring us to God. Amen

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even Peter had trouble with this issue. It is easy to confess his name in good times -but when persecution comes, many will deny him.
Also, some who seem to be confessing his name are those who would say anything for money and power, and are not sincere.

Consider the following verses....
1Jo 4:1-3 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

This does not mean that men can not lie about such. Those who deny Christ came in the flesh are antichrist -but those who claim to be his followers but lie are also antichrist.

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 10:32
Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father who is in heaven.

Luke 12:8
Also I say to you, Whosoever shall confess Me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God.

Are you confessing Him before men, or are you only silently believing in Him? Because if the Lord does not hear us confess Him before men on earth, neither is the Son of God confessing our name before the Father and before the angels.

eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement