Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I have the keys of hades and death

Author Topic: I have the keys of hades and death
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eph 4: 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Col 2:13 ¶ And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
3:1 ¶ If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Does He come without being seen (i.e., in the clouds), and, later, He appears in a way which can be seen by every eye? Does coming in the clouds indicate an event when the Lord demonstrates His sovereignty over the prince of the power of the air which was the spirit working in the sons of disobedience at that time?
quote:
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
At any rate, when He spoiled principalities and powers, He got their keys, too. He got their territories, the souls in those territories, their weapons- everything. That is why the confession "Jesus Christ: Lord of All" is so important to salvation.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eph 4: 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Col 2:13 ¶ And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
3:1 ¶ If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Does He come without being seen (i.e., in the clouds), and, later, He appears in a way which can be seen by every eye? Does coming in the clouds indicate an event when the Lord demonstrates His sovereignty over the prince of the power of the air which was the spirit working in the sons of disobedience at that time?
quote:
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
At any rate, when He spoiled principalities and powers, He got their keys, too. He got their territories, the souls in those territories, their weapons- everything. That is why the confession "Jesus Christ: Lord of All" is so important to salvation.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 1:18
I am He who lives but was dead; and look, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and I have the keys of hell {Greek, hades} and of death.

Lucifer-Satan had the keys of hell-hades but the LORD God of Israel took them from Lucifer-Satan, or the Lord Jesus took them from Lucifer-Satan, and after Jesus's faithful work on earth, the Lord Jesus now has the keys of hell-hades and of death[/b].

And where there are keys there are doors which can be opened and be shut.

Now, one writer whom I respect said that at death, the spirit returns to God, the body disintegrates on earth, and the soul goes to hell-hades to which Lucifer-Satan used to have the keys:

Psalm 16:10
For You will not leave my soul in hell {Hebrew, sheol}; neither will You suffer Your Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:27
Because You wilt not leave my soul in hell {Greek, hades}, neither will You suffer Your Holy One to see corruption.

The Hebrew sheol in the Old Testament is always the Greek hades in the Greek Septuagint LXX and in the Greek New Testament.

So the spirit returns to God, the body disintegrates, and the soul goes to sheol-hades?

And the resurrected Jesus has the keys to death and to sheol-hades so that Jesus can open the door at His Second Coming and let out the souls that believe in Him:

Revelation 1:18
I am He who lives but was dead; and look, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and I have the keys of hell {Greek, hades} and of death.

Spirits of believers come back to earth from God, the keys of death or resurrection life restores the body, and Jesus lets the souls of them who believe out of hades:

Matthew 8:12
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

What, weeping and gnashing of teeth of the souls still in hades as they watch the souls of them who believe be let OUT of the door of hades by Jesus?

John 10:2
But He who enters in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement