Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Seek first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added on to you.

Author Topic: Seek first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added on to you.
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
In heart, it means to put the will of God above all other priorities that we have in our life.....yes, even if it means our own lives could be at stake for the cause of Christ.

Putting the kingdom first is also expressed in our obedience to what the word of God reveals to us about Godly living.

It is also seeking out Gods heart so that we may reach the lost.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeking the kingdom of God is obeying God's commandments and going above and beyond them to love God and neighbor. Concerns over what we should wear and what we will eat should be secondary. God will provide.

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Those who do so have often found-and will in the future find-it difficult to buy and sell.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A proper understanding of what it means to seek the kingdom of God has profound implications for those who put it in practice by confidently seeking righteousness and eternal life:

With faith in their Father's promises to forgive them and freely give them the kingdom, they regularly pray that they will have more and more of God's righteousness, rather than being led astray from the path of eternal life by Satan and the cares of this life.

Their focus on their Father's promises frees them from anxiety and restless toil for earthly things since they realize that he will provide them with everything they need and will compensate them with eternal life for whatever lesser things they sacrifice for the sake of righteousness.

Their putting the things of this world in proper perspective leads them to generously give their resources, including their money, time, and energy, to express love for others.

Having forsaken the values of this age, they do their righteous deeds to please God, not to receive respect or approval from men. Thus, they strive for righteous thoughts and unseen acts as well as visible righteous acts.

In short, they remember that in the age to come, God will exalt those who humble themselves now, as he has raised his Son after his humiliating death. Jesus concluded his sermon, "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who builds his house upon the rock..." (Matt 7:24).

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt.6:33
But seek aim at and strive after first of all His kingdom and His righteousness His way of doing and being right, and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.

quote:
But how do you practise Matt.6:33? What does it mean to you, please?

Eden, to me it’s just simply about “Faith”…

Trusting Yahweh in every circumstance, without faith it is impossible to please Yahweh…

It’s about my whole heart trusting Yahweh to provide…whatever the need….

My children know what ever is in my power to give them is theirs for the asking if I know it want hurt them or ruin their lives.

Our Heavenly Father is just like that, He will withhold no good thing from His children when He knows they can handle it.

I injured my back 5 years ago, I am totally disabled physically, I went from $1,200 a week to $1,200 a month, lost my car and had to fill bankruptcy.

I said all that to say this, I don’t completely understand why things happen, why the Church in China, Russia, Iraq, Iran and other places suffer like they do when Yahweh could stop it in the blink of an eye….

But I know Yahweh loves me and that all that happens to me is for my good…. Even when the opposite may be in view….

It’s easy to Praise Yahweh when everything is going great, money in the bank and perfect heath but Yahweh is proving to this world HIS children, His true children will Praise Him no matter what comes or goes!

Yahweh is looking for those that have “Faith” in Him, this is what Matthew 6:33 is all about to me.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

What should I do to practice that?

One for instance, when I go on the Internet, I often make it a point to go FIRST to this Christian board and share of about Christ, among those of us who already believe and have learned new things about God, and also I make it a point to go FIRST to this Christian board for those who are NOT YET Christians but who may be READING these posts and topics.

When I go on the Internet, I try to go to the Christian board FIRST, and THEN all my other "personal" activities.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

But how do you practise Matt.6:33? What does it mean to you, please?

eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement