Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Will the Prince offer sacrifices again?

Author Topic: Will the Prince offer sacrifices again?
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Eden,
At the time Ezekiel wrote this, the Temple of Solomon was a part of history. Burnt down. Kaput. It was an ex-Temple.
After Ezekiel wrote this, they built an new temple in Jerusalem in which sacrifices were sacrificed. The conditions for the success of that second temple were not met by the people of that time, and Jesus left their house to them desolate.
The synagogue which was ruled by people the father of which was the devil became the synagogue of Satan.
Following the building, use, and destruction of this second temple, the Anti-Christ people of Islam moved into Jerusalem. It was during their occupation of Jerusalem that walls destroyed by Romans were rebuilt and the Golden Gate was filled in and shut.
quote:
Eze 44:1 ¶ Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
2 Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.
3 It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.

Now, the interpretation of the return of the prince through this gate is, further, complicated by the report of one archaeologist that, as he was inspecting the Golden Gate in the mid-1900's, he fell through the the surface of the ground right in front of the gate. (Many have been buried by the Muslims right there because they expect it will keep the returning Prince from coming back through that gate.) As that archaeologist looked at the dirt and bones around him, he saw, also, the top of another gate.
An anti-Christ people who would go so far as to fill in the gate through which the Prince shall come might, also, diabolical enough to build up th ground over that gate and build another gate through which their own "prince" could come.
I can conceive of a pretender coming through this gate, and gaining, through deception, the confidence of those with an expectation that does not represent the pleasure of God. There could be a "prince" to come who tricks people into restoring the Synagogue of Satan and teaching people to take, again, the Law of Moses.
However it works out, this portion of the prophecy can not be translated in a "nice" light.
quote:
Eze 44:10 ¶ And the Levites that are gone away far from me, when Israel went astray, which went astray away from me after their idols; they shall even bear their iniquity.
11 Yet they shall be ministers in my sanctuary, having charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them.
12 Because they ministered unto them before their idols, and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquity; therefore have I lifted up mine hand against them, saith the Lord GOD, and they shall bear their iniquity.
13 And they shall not come near unto me, to do the office of a priest unto me, nor to come near to any of my holy things, in the most holy place: but they shall bear their shame, and their abominations which they have committed.

In an occupation of Jerusalem of this nature, any witness that came forth to tell the attendees that the people which came to God in the name of Jesus were the lively stones which composed the only true Temple of God would be viewed as enemies of any fake prince, or anti-Christ.
Probably, they would be killed.
It is important to recognize the "shadow" character of the Old Testament.
quote:
Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
It is important, also, to recognize the nature of sacrifices and offerings under the New Testament (read:true) order.
quote:
He 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

The word translated 'communicate', here, is, of course, koinwnia koinonia koy-nohn-ee’-ah. This word is defined in Acts 2 where the same Greek word is interpreted 'fellowship'.
quote:
Acts 2:42 ¶ And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

Thus, we find the chief objection to the continuation of The Way which Christ is for us. It has always looked cheaper to the covetous to live by the Law of Moses (the Law of Sin and Death) than by the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus (the perfect law of liberty).
To the soulical mind, ten percent to some professional clergy is a lot cheaper than following Jesus.
quote:
Lu 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
So, when the land is divided between the twelve tribes of Israel, an event that becomes possible only when the True Prince of Life is appointed as head by the children of the house of Judah and the children of the house of Israel, the Prince offers sacrifices. In other words, the one who is made a priest after the order of Melchizedec is operating.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Scythewieldor. You said:
quote:
Eze 44:1 ¶ Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
And you continued:
quote:
It looks to me like Chapter Forty-Three, since it is connected by this verse to Chapter Forty-Four (and not separated by a phrase like "Then the Lord showed me"), has been accomplished, already.
Okay, "has been accomplished already" ... can you please state for me when and where in history this "has been accomplished already" please?

And you say
quote:
As you know, that gate is closed and has been for, what, 1000 years?
If I'm not mistaken, it was closed around 1550s to 1600s, when, I think, Saladin shut it, and it is still shut today. I personally think it is shut because the Eastern Gate is the gate through which the Prince Jesus will come as King of kings over the earth:

Ezekiel 44
2 Then said the LORD to me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.

3 It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.

You also said
quote:
In fact, that gate, according to one digger, is, actually, directly beneath the closed gate we think of as the Eastern Gate.
It is true that there is a Golden Gate under the current gate, which is only visible from the inside of the Temple platform.

Lastly, scythewieldor, you said,
quote:
So, it may be contrary to good Bible Study to expect that something which has already been accomplished needs to happen, again.
I will do no such thing.

eden

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Literal Sacrifices In The Millennium

by Thomas Ice

One of the most commonly presented problems by critics of premillennial literal interpretation is found in association with Ezekiel' s temple vision (Ezekiel 40- 48). These rivals argue that Ezekiel 43:13, 27; 45:15, 17, 20 refers to the sacrifices in a would be future Temple as literally making atonement. This is true! The critics believe this to be a blasphemous contradiction to the finished work of Christ as presented in Hebrews 10. In fact, the "Bible Answer Man"- Hank Hanegraaff- called me heretical on one of his daily call-in programs because I teach that God will restore literal sacrifices in a millennial Temple.[1]

Are these " problems" basis enough to abandon a literal interpretation of the millennial Temple, sacrifices, and our view of future prophetic events all together, as our opponents would desire? What is it about a literal interpretation of millennial sacrifices that one would call another heretical for taking the Bible at face value? I don't think so.

Like any so-called " problem" arising in the mind of an antagonists there are answers and the solution to their objection lies in the very details they believe to be the source of difficulty. In the process of providing an explanation, note the following facts and observations about the Ezekiel passage:

• The purpose for a Temple throughout Scripture has been to establish a location upon earth- which is under the curse of sin- for the presence of God that reveals through its ritual God' s great holiness. God' s plan for Israel, His earthly people, includes a relation to them through a Temple. Currently the church is God' s spiritual Temple made of living stones (1 Corinthians 3:16-17; Ephesians 2:19-22), until the rapture. The millennium will return history to a focus upon Israel and will continue to be a time in which sin will be present upon the earth. Thus, God will include a new Temple, a new priesthood, a new Law, etc., at this future time because He will be present in Israel and still desires to teach that holiness is required to approach Him. This is contrasted with the fact that no Temple will exist in eternity (Revelation 21:22) because God and the Lamb are its temple and there will be no sin in heaven, thus no need for Temple ritual.

• The painstaking detail in Ezekiel 40- 48 is similar to the instruction given to Moses for building of the Tabernacle and then to others for building the Solomonic Temple. Such detail is meaningless unless taken literally as were the Tabernacle and first two Temples. If the detail was intended to be symbolic, the symbols are never explained, as is usually the case with genuine biblical symbolism. Because no textual basis exists for a non-literal interpretation, those attempting such explanations become subjective in their many and various guesses about the meaning of the passage.

• It must be remembered that the Levitical sacrifices of the Mosaic system are said by the Bible to " make atonement" as well (for example, Leviticus 4:20, 26, 31, 35, etc.). If these sacrifices in the past actually atoned for the people' s sins, which, of course, they did not, then they would be equally blasphemous in light of Christ' s perfect sacrifice. Hebrews 10:4 tells us, " it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins." Furthermore, there would have been no need for Christ' s once and for all atoning sacrifice if these past acts did the job.

• The sacrifices of the millennial Temple will not be a return to the Mosaic Law, since that Law has forever been fulfilled and discontinued through Christ (Romans 6:14-15; 7:1-6; 1 Corinthians 9:20-21; 2 Corinthians 3:7-11; Galatians 4:1-7; 5:18; Ephesians 2- 3; Hebrews 7:12; 8:6-7, 13; 10:1-14). Instead it will be a new Law, containing a mixture of Mosaic type new laws under the jurisdiction of the New Covenant (Hebrews 7:12). The millennial system will have Jesus the Messiah physically present instead of the Shechinah glory presence in conjunction with the ark of the covenant; a new Law instead of the Mosaic Law; a new priestly order from the sons of Zadok (Ezekiel 40:46; 43:19; 48:11) instead of the Levites; a new Temple measuring one mile square (Ezekiel 40:48- 41:26) instead of the much smaller Solomonic model.

• Millennial sacrifices are mentioned as a " matter of fact" by the major prophets of the Old Testament as future occurrences. At least four other prophets join Ezekiel in affirming a sacrificial system in a millennial Temple (Isaiah 56:7; 66:20-23; Jeremiah 33:18; Zechariah 14:16-21; Malachi 3:3-4). This further supports the literal interpretation of Ezekiel. Why would five of Israel's prophets mention these sacrifices if they will not take place?

• Many who take a literal interpretation of the Millennial Temple and sacrifices believe that one aspect of these acts will serve as a memorial to Christ' s once-for-all atoning work at His first coming. Yet, critics believe this to be a flawed conclusion. Support for a future memorial aspect can be seen in the fact that our current observation of the Lord' s Supper includes this aspect (1 Corinthians 11:23-26). Under the Mosaic system- which looked ahead- many times various Temple sacrifices are specifically called " memorials" (Exodus 30:16; Leviticus 2:2, 9; 5:12; 6:15; 24:7; Numbers 5:15, 18, 26). Such terminology could in fact be the basis for our current church age understanding of remembering the Lord' s death adopted by Paul. The Mosaic memorial aspect would clearly support viewing future Temple sacrifices in this way, as millennial believers look back upon Christ's sacrificial provision.

• Critics of future millennial sacrifices seem to assume that all sacrifices, past and future, always depict Christ' s final sacrifice for sin. They do not! There were various purposes for sacrifice in the Bible. An overwhelming majority of sacrifices under the Mosaic system were for purification of the priests and objects used in various rites. This is why atonement can be said in the past to be effective, yet still need Christ' s future sacrifice, because many of the sacrifices did atone ceremonially, cleansing participants and objects in Temple ritual. Just as we never finish the task of washing cloths, ceremonial cleansing was an ongoing need. The same is clearly the case in Ezekiel. In Ezekiel 43:20 and 26, the atonement is specifically directed at cleansing the altar in order to make it ritually fit for sacrifice. The only other use of atonement also refer to cleansing objects so that ritual purity may be maintained for proper function of further worship (Ezekiel 45:15, 17, 20).

Dr. Jerry Hullinger has worked through all of the related issues involved in an interpretation of the millennial sacrifices and tells us the following:

. . . a solution that maintains dispensational distinctives, deals honestly with the text of Ezekiel, and in no way demeans the work Christ did on the cross. This study suggests that animal sacrifices during the millennium will serve primarily to remove ceremonial uncleanness and prevent defilement from polluting the temple envisioned by Ezekiel. This will be necessary because the glorious presence of Yahweh will once again be dwelling on earth in the midst of a sinful and unclean people.

Because of God's promise to dwell on earth during the millennium (as stated in the New Covenant), it is necessary that He protect His presence through sacrifice . . . It should further be added that this sacrificial system will be a temporary one in that the millennium (with its partial population of unglorified humanity) will last only one thousand years. During the eternal state all inhabitants of the New Jerusalem will be glorified and will therefore not be a source of contagious impurities to defile the holiness of Yahweh.[2]

Since all the sacrifices of Ezekiel relate to purification of the priests for Temple service, they do not specifically depict or represent Christ' s atoning sacrifice. The presence and purpose of sacrifices neither diminishes the finished work of Christ, nor violates the normal and "literal" interpretation of the prophetic passages. Nothing in Ezekiel 40- 48 conflicts with the death of Christ or New Testament teaching at any point. The supposed contradictions between a literal understanding of Ezekiel and New Testament doctrine evaporate when examined specifically.

The literal interpretation of the Bible and Bible prophecy stands, especially when one considers the fact that the critics cannot tell us, based upon a textual interpretation, what Ezekiel does mean if not taken literally. Instead of becoming an embarrassing problem, the millennial sacrifices issue becomes an argument and demonstration for consistent literal interpretation of Bible prophecy by demonstrating that the details of the text can only be harmonized with the rest of biblical teaching by taking them to mean what they say.

Although there will be millennial sacrifices, the focus of all worship will remain on the person and work of the Savior. The millennial Temple and its ritual will serve as a daily reminder of fallen man' s need before a Holy God and lessons about how this same God lovingly works to remove the obstacle of human sin for those who trust Him.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Dear Eden,
quote:

It looks to me like Chapter Forty-Three, since it is connected by this verse to Chapter Forty-Four (and not separated by a phrase like "Then the Lord showed me"), has been accomplished, already. As you know, that gate is closed and has been for, what, 1000 years?
In fact, that gate, according to one digger, is, actually, directly beneath the closed gate we think of as the Eastern Gate.
So, it may be contrary to good Bible Study to expect that something which has already been accomplished needs to happen, again.
quote:
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin was NEVER what God wanted. It NEVER even pleased God. According to Isaiah, that which is the pleasure of the Lord prospered in the hands of the One whose soul became an offering for sin.
quote:
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
If one thing does not please you so much that you do away with it and replace it with that which pleases you, would you, afterwards, replace that second with the former?
Maybe you would go insane and do that. God will never go insane. He never changes His mind.
quote:
Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
The Bible has three kinds of scripture.
The scripture that tells us the way things were is history.
The scripture that tells us the way things are is wisdom. (Commandments with their consequent blessings for obedience and curses for disobedience are wisdom scriptures which tell you the way things are.)
The scripture that tells us the way things will be is prophecy. (There is prophecy that has been fulfilled. At some point, all prophecy will be fulfilled in history.)
So, when someone shows you an interpretation of a prophetic scripture the future fulfillment of which is precluded by the way things are as determined by the Sovereign God, faith tells you it is impossible for God to lie. If there is a historical fulfillment for the disputed scripture, accept it.
If someone shows you an interpretation of wisdom scripture that brings you back under bondage to the Law of Moses, remember how Paul withstood Peter to his face.
If the person that is presenting an interpretation of prophecy which contradicts the New Testament declaration of the way things are is, also, trying to bring you back under the Law of Moses, you are hearing the Circumcision- the Judaisers. Don't trample the Son of God under foot.
quote:
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19 ¶ Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Apparently, there is a day approaching when men will, willfully, trample the Son of God under foot, and count the blood of this New Covenant (wherewith they were sanctified) an unholy thing, and do despite to the Spirit of Grace.
I suspect that, when some Christians wake up and find things happening around them that they expected would happen, only, after they were raptured, there will be many apostates.

Eden
unregistered

I was rereading Ezekiel this week and was wondering whether the Prince will be offering sin offerings and burnt offerings again.

Ezekiel 48:10
And for them, even for the priests, shall be this holy oblation {of land}; toward the north 25,000 in length, and toward the west 10,000 in breadth, and toward the east 10,000 in breadth, and toward the south 25,000 in length: and the sanctuary of the LORD shall be in the midst thereof.

It appears that the sanctuary is thus within the oblation of land which will be set apart for the prince, who is apparently the Lord Jesus:

Ezekiel 45:4
The holy portion of the land shall be for the priests the ministers of the sanctuary, which shall come near to minister unto the LORD: and it shall be a place for their houses and a holy place for the sanctuary.

Ezekiel 45:3
And of this measure shalt thou measure the length of five and twenty thousand, and the breadth of ten thousand: and in it shall be the sanctuary and the most holy place.

Then further, there will be sacrifices burned in the sanctuary:

Ezekiel 44:27
And in the day that he goes into the sanctuary, unto the inner court, to minister in the sanctuary, he shall offer his sin offering, says the Lord GOD.

And all this occurs at a time when the land of Israel has been redivided to the 12 tribes of Israel into what seem to be rectangles of land, as stated in Ezekiel 48:

Dan
Asher
Naphtali
Manasseh
Ephraim
Reuben
Judah
holy oblation of land which has the sanctuary in it
Benjamin
Simeon
Issachar
Zebulun
Gad

And at a time when the city of Jerusalem is called “the LORD is there”:

Ezekiel 48
35It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there.

Now, the Lord Jesus died for mankind’s sins already, so why would there be a sanctuary within the holy oblation of land in which sacrifices are going to be offered again:

Ezekiel 46
2 And the prince shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without, and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall go forth; but the gate shall not be shut until the evening.

3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons.

4 And the burnt offering that the prince shall offer unto the LORD in the sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish, and a ram without blemish.

How is that possible????? Since the Lord already died for mankind's sins, why will there be more offerings at that time?????

eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement