Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » An unbelieving friend of mine asked me today....

Author Topic: An unbelieving friend of mine asked me today....
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, no one can celebrate Yeshua’s birth until they would have experienced His Death, Burial and Resurrection.

If someone has experienced His Death, Burial and Resurrection they understand Yeshua is God and in reality has no place in history that can be pointed to as His birth (beginning). The scriptures say He is without beginning and without end.

Celebrate

SYNONYMS… observe, keep, celebrate, commemorate, solemnize. These verbs mean to give proper heed to or show proper reverence for something, such as a rule, custom, or holiday. Observe stresses compliance or respectful adherence to that which is prescribed: observe the speed limit; observe the Sabbath. Keep implies actions such as the discharge of a duty or the fulfillment of a promise: keep one's word; keep personal commitments. Celebrate emphasizes observance in the form of rejoicing or festivity: a surprise party to celebrate her birthday. To commemorate is to honor the memory of a past event: a ceremony that commemorated the career of a physician. Solemnize implies dignity and gravity in the celebration of an occasion: solemnized the funeral with a 21-gun salute.

I understand your point Eden, everyday I should celebrate Yeshua, celebrate Him in the good times and the bad because He is Lord of everyday and nothing that happens in the life of His child is by accident or coincidence.

For me anytime a person makes reference to what has been labeled Christmas, I personally try very hard to let them know, I love Jesus / Yeshua with all my heart but I will have nothing to do with anything that the Roman Catholic Wh!ore started and keeps advancing.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An unbelieving friend of mine asked me today, somewhat behumoredly, if I was celebrating the birth of Christ.

I told him, "Yes, I celebrate the birth of Christ, but I also celebrate the birth of Christ practically EVERY DAY."

I don't think he had expected that answer. But it's so true, isn't it, how I can thank HIm every day and celebrate His birth every day? [Prayer]

with love in Him, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement