Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Lord Jesus went to the cross to accomplish 3 things

Author Topic: The Lord Jesus went to the cross to accomplish 3 things
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord Jesus went to the cross to accomplish 3 things.

First, the Lord Jesus went to the cross that His blood could be shed for the remission of sins.

Second, the Lord Jesus went to the cross so that the Father YHWH could crucify us believers with Jesus on the cross:

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of Him {of God} are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

So Jesus got on the cross to shed His blood for our sins, and Jesus got on the cross so that we believers could be crucified withHim on the cross.

Jesus had to be the cross, so that the old man could go on the cross. But praise God and praise Jesus, Jesus did go to the cross and He did accomplish those 2 things.

And, thirdly, Jesus went to the cross so that He could die and rise again from the dead. No going on the cross, no resurrection possible. Jesus thus accomplished all 3 things on the cross.

remission of sins, a place to cruficy the old man, and to rise again

with love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement