Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » peace and safety

Author Topic: peace and safety
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is precious kwistina. I don't know why i think so. I guess because of what all the prolific misinterpretation leads us into behaving like, which you fell victim to. But it is ok! He is our preparation! We don't depend upon our wisdom and preparation. You said that!

For sure, we are reaching for that peace. Someone will come along and solve the schism that is over there. When everybody relaxes, BOOM! The president is part of the process. He is not the one who will accomplish it.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwistina
Advanced Member
Member # 6618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kwistina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps, but as one who grew up in a household of half-panicked speculation on this topic, dwelling or wondering does very little good! Rejoice, instead, if you think this is it, to know that his will is being carried out for us to see (even in the midst of it's future despair). And if it is not, live as you did before. That, I think, is really the point. Paul wrote these things to be of a comfort to us, not so much a sign, IMO. Signs are so easily misconstrued, especially by eager Christians (I actually grew up with no plans for the future, as a child I "knew" the "rapture" would occur, so planning ahead seemed rather pointless!-my parents believed in the pre-tribulation rapture).

Either way, do not be caught "sleeping" . . .

Posts: 38 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lately I have been hearing those words from the Bible again: "peace and safety" and "peace and security" on the news:

1 Thessalonians 5:3
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then shall sudden destruction come upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

The new Bush initiative with Ehud Olmert and Mahmoud Abbas includes the words "peace and security" and I have also heard the phrase, "peace and safety".

Is this the time of 1 Thessalonians 5:3? One of these times has got to be the time of 1 Thessalonians 5:3.

Peace and safety. We will hear that phrase a lot for a while. Is this the time?

with love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement