Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Losing Focus?

Author Topic: Losing Focus?
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello David, thankfulness is something as Christians really need to consider,

To whom much is given much is required. America has been given more than any Nation at any time in recorded history on the Planet and is very ungrateful for all she has been blessed with.

Christians in America are so ungrateful, and seek for nothing more than more and more ways to gratify the flesh!

Bigger better Church buildings, more and more fellowship parties with games and food.

While the Church in China, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Russia, ect. suffer persecution and martyrdom for their faith in Messiah.

I am so thankful for “Grace” that saves but I am more thankful for a Loving Father full of “Mercy” and “Longsuffering”. I am thankful for the hope He will return soon for those who have kept themselves from this world and the traditions of the Roman Catholic Church that make the word of Yahweh of none effect.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JesusComments
JesusComments

A friend of mine sent me an email talking about how we are losing our focus.

Have you noticed when driving around that weeks before Thanksgiving more and more houses are already decorated for Christmas.

People have already put the lights up on their homes and decorated their lawns. Some even have their trees up.

He noted that this was a disturbing trend and I must agree. We all must have noticed over recent years that retailers get in a great rush to publicize Christmas. As soon as Halloween is over...the Christmas decorations start going up some times even before.

It sure looks like THANKSGIVING is quickly becoming a forgotten holiday!!

Could this trend to skim-over Thanksgiving just be a reflection of what is happening in our culture - - neglecting an attitude of gratitude as individuals and as a society?

He noted that a spirit of gratitude should be at the very heart of the Christian faith. A thankful spirit is the ONLY response we can have for receiving something that we totally DO NOT deserve. In fact, when all is said and done, Christianity consists of two things: an act of grace and a response of gratitude!

"God saved you by His grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God."  -Ephesians 2:8

Regardless of your circumstances ... when you comprehend His awesome gift of undeserved grace ... how can we not but give thanks??!!

Let the words of this beautiful song ring in your ears today ...

"Give thanks with a grateful heart.

Give thanks to the Holy One.

Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ - His Son!"

Celebrate Thanksgiving with your friends & family by GIVING THANKS to our God, The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob. Thanking Jesus for what He has done.

www.christjesus.us

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement