Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Bible Study Question

Author Topic: Bible Study Question
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have put together a lot of tools that will help you when studying your bible. Just wanted to let you know it is there is you want to use it.

http://heargoodnews.org/Bible/bible-study.html

Plow on, plow on...
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forever His     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totaly agree with what BecauseHElives has to say. When I was a brand new baby christian I began reading in the old King James Version. I started in Genesis and trust me... it was not easy... however... I had a desire to know God and I was not going to give up.

I recomend reading some from the old and new testament each day and asking God to help your understanding. I would spend a large amount of time on the four gospels. The day will come when you begin to see the big picture and it will all begin making a whole lot more sense.

May God truly Bless you as you begin to grow in knowledge and wisdom of Him...

Posts: 719 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have E-Sword, which is awesome. It has different translations, Greek and Hebrew dictionaires, commentaries and more. He doesn't charge for downloads, but i donated and got a CD in the mail. I know that there are others, but this is the only one I have experience with.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apprentice

If you are having problems understanding the scriptures, please realize that you need no man to teach you what Yahweh has said.

Pray for the Holy Spirit to give you understanding, Yahweh has promised to lead and guide you into all truth.

As you hear the scriptures preached don’t take what is said for truth unless there is an inward conformation by the Holy Spirit.

Search the scriptures and pray, and pray and pray some more, Yahweh will reveal His Word to you.

Read Psalm 51 and understand a broken heart and a contrite spirit Yahweh will not turn away.

I find “Strong’s Concordance” is helpful to understand words that might not be as clear to us today as it was in the context of the time the scriptures were put into English.

Yahweh Bless you as you study the scriptures
Dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apprentice
Advanced Member
Member # 4944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for apprentice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What study aids are available that give a line-for-line explanation for the New King James Version of the Bible? When I read a sentence, I often do not understand what I am reading. Is it a concordance?

Another thread gave links to PDFs of KJV of the Bible. Is the NKJV available for PDF download? I have QuickVerse software, but it does a bad job of formatting for printing. (I have a customer service request in, but it took them two days to send me an email saying that they would answer in two to three [more] days.)

What other Bible software is there besides QuickVerse? I would love to be able to print properly formatted pages before a study.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement