Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » America and Babylon

Author Topic: America and Babylon
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for the destruction of the Roman Catholic Church stopping commerce -at that point there won't be much of a world left, anyway -It will actually be the kings of the beast which use the Church to rise to power -then eventually burn the whole thing down -the whole city. (Rev 17:16-18 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the ***** , and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfill his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.)
The beast will have destroyed much of the world during his 3 1/2 year reign (Dan 8:23-27, Isa 10:5-7, Dan 11:40-45)-so, though all commerce will flow to this power, it will be short-lived -not to mention that the returning Christ will then soon destroy the beast and his kings and armies -who will attempt to make war with him when he does return....
Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The area of Iraq today contained both Babylon AND ancient Assyria http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761564347/Assyria.html
-These two kingdoms shared many things and were usually close neighbors.
Iraq is not Babylon prophetically -nor is it even Assyria prophetically -though some people in the area can rightfully claim to be descendents of the inhabitants of one or both kingdoms.
Babylon in prophecy, generally, refers to all of the kingdoms described in Nebuchadnezzar's dream -beginning with his kingdom, Babylon -but not restricted to one location. These have included The Roman Empire and The Axis powers in WWII -among others. The Last of these will be the end result of the E.U. today http://www.kc3.co.uk/~dt/eu_army.htm -with the Assyrian at the helm. Assyria in prophecy for today -refers not to any in the region of Iraq -but to the descendents of the last Assyrian king -(Ashur-Uballit II -reigned 3 1/2 years) his army and ruling class -who left Assyria when it was defeated -retreated to NW Haran -then continued NW -migrating over time to Germany (this is outlined in Ezekiel 17 & Eze 31:3-land of traffick..then..by great waters).
They emerged as "Aryan" -not Assyrian -we know them as Nazis -who did make plans to return to their homeland and conquer it (Iraq).
The present relationship between America and Iraq is HINTED AT in the first part of Ezekiel 17 -we are the first great eagle who just cropped off the highest branch of the region (Britain is the second -with their treaties [oath] with the EU)-but this most specifically refers to the ASSYRIAN king of old (of whom the beast may be directly descended![Eze 17:21-24]though he will not prosper so for long[Isa 14:24-25])-and his descendents in modern Germany -which is the drivng force behind the EU today(riddle and parable).
As for our being destroyed -know that all human government will fall to Christ one way or another...and it would be preferable to submit to his will as a nation to avoid destruction -but that may not happen. Is our destruction prophesied? Yes. Can it be avoided? Yes. Only by national repentance -and the will of God.(Jer 18:7-9, Joel 2:12-14). As it stands now, we are here in prophecy......Dan 11:14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall. .....This is our corporate war machine standing against Iran -which is pretty much why we are in Iraq. Many others are also standing against Iran -Including the EU -whose eventual leader will be the last king of the north spoken of in Daniel -also known as the beast -They and radical Islam will fight much -and the beast will eventually conquer them and pass through to the holy land/Jerusalem. As for us -the outcome of this present situation is that the robbers of our people (Yes -America as a nation is counted as Daniel's people -might want to trace our genealogies) will fall -and as they represent most of the part of America we still own -which has not been sold or is not now controlled by the Saudis, Germany etc.. (the ports deal, Daimler/Chrysler, etc..), it does not bode well for our standard of living. If this still does not wake us up -then Isaiah 10 -which is directed squarely at the US and will affect the Coalition nations... will happen.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible says that Judah has married the daughter of a foreign God.
quote:
Mal 2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.
Ezekiel wrote about this marriage.
quote:
Eze 17:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
12 Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the king of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;
13 And hath taken of the king’s seed, and made a covenant with him, and hath taken an oath of him: he hath also taken the mighty of the land:
14 That the kingdom might be base, that it might not lift itself up, but that by keeping of his covenant it might stand.

In other words, King Jehoichin and his princes, all, made covenant and oath with the king of Babylon in order to keep their kingdom.
The marriage that Judah made was to a land of trafficking and a city of merchants.
quote:
Eze 17:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar:
4 He cropped off the top of his young twigs, and carried it into a land of traffick; he set it in a city of merchants.

Where you have a land or a city that is characterized by a single occupation, there you have a law that promotes that occupation. Therefore the Babylonian law was one that promoted commerce rather than, say, manufacturing, farming, or pasturing flocks and herds.
The problem with such a land is that, sooner or later, everyone wants to be in commerce and no one wants to, actually, build the things every one else wants to sell. Every one wants to be involved where their assets have the most protection of law.
Thus, this kind of land has to keep expanding her markets in order to access cheap labor. You can't just make war on foreign countries in order to change their laws. That destroys infrastructure and potential members of labor. It, also, creates ill-will.
What you do is create religious movements (the Pharisee aspect) that feed their indoctrinated into political parties which change the laws (the lawyer aspect).
This has happened, and recently, in America. Remember the Moral Majority? We got so hyped up on the immorality of abortion that we started supporting the political party that was guilty of the immorality of greed.
The love of money is root of all evil- including abortion.
The process of "Babylon-ization" is one that must be conducted in secret. Otherwise, it can be resisted at the religious level. Therefore, if we could identify a well-organized, secret organization we might have a potential Mystery Babylon.
It is interesting that the Freemasons have an association named after an entity that is spoken of by riddle in Eze. 17:3- The Tall Cedars of Lebanon. The "G" in their symbol means "Geometry" (or, so I have been told) which means "Mother Earth". The Scottish Rite has the identifier "Mother Jurisdiction of the World".
These echo identifiers of Mystery Babylon given to us in The Revelation.
quote:
Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the ***** sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Rev. 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

The last of these is, particularly, interesting. because it, actually, identifies the process about which we are talking.
For a ***** to commit fornication (a word, by the way, which has as it's Greek root, the word for trafficking) with a king, the ***** must be willing to work for anyone with the money to pay her, and the king (or, final judge) must make judgements which go her way- even immoral ones.
Can you see how lawyers play into this one, yet?
In the end, the merchants (another word which has as its Greek root the word for trafficking) get rich.
When Babylon is destroyed, the merchants can sell nothing ever again.
Do you think that the destruction of the Roman Church will stop commerce?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
scythewieldor,

My conviction are built on the Messiah Yeshua, 32 year of pray and study, and leading by the Holy Spirit.

I hate no one individually, but I do hate all forms of religion that put people in bondage to any system of works to please Yahweh the Father , for acceptance into His presence and into His Eternal kingdom.

Roman Catholicism is “The Mother Harlot, she is The Great W!hore of Scripture,

But I can’t forget to include in that statement The Daughters of the W!hore are all denomination that have come out of her.

The True child of Yahweh born of the Blood of Yeshua recognizes the Body of Yeshua can’t be torn apart into little groups.

Everywhere the true child of Yahweh goes on the planet, if the Spirit of Yahweh dwells in them they recognize another believer not by denomination but by the Spirit of the living GOD.

I love you even if you disagree and pray one day you may see the truth of these word I have offered.

In Yeshua’s Name
Dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

I hope you folks will not start fighting over this one, but I believe that religious people, historically, like to attribute the title of the The Great ***** to the religious person or persons they hate the most. They invent meanings to the terminology chosen by the Holy Spirit rather than finding, in the Bible, the definitions of the Holy Spirit for those words.
I believe Kieth got a good start.
Israel was divorced by God, but her sister, Judah was married to God until the leaders of Judah killed Him.
By killing Jesus, they, literally, killed their Husband.
quote:
Romans 7:1 ¶ Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The fact is that
Since the Lord had been married to both sisters, and,
Since a marriage, even with divorce, is not ended until the husband dies,
Israel and Judah became widows at the death of Christ.
The leadership of Judah refused to acknowledge the Son of God. Thus, Judah became a nation without a husband.
She is a widow.
quote:
Re 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow <5503>, and shall see no sorrow.
Notice how Babylon says she is no widow. Her saying so doesn't make it so. Since, to live lavishly, Babylon must have an income. She has income through whoredoms with the kings of the earth.
No husband would allow that.
Do not forget that, at the time this prophecy was written, there was a literal Babylon on the Euphrates River. Do not forget that there was a huge presence of the children of the house of Judah at Babylon. Do not forget the covenant between the leadership of Judah and the king of Babylon.

quote:
11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
12 Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the king of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;
13 And hath taken of the king’s seed, and made a covenant with him, and hath taken an oath of him: he hath also taken the mighty of the land:
14 That the kingdom might be base, that it might not lift itself up, but that by keeping of his covenant it might stand.
15 But he rebelled against him in sending his ambassadors into Egypt, that they might give him horses and much people. Shall he prosper? shall he escape that doeth such things? or shall he break the covenant, and be delivered?
16 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely in the place where the king dwelleth that made him king, whose oath he despised, and whose covenant he brake, even with him in the midst of Babylon he shall die.

Do not forget how dear Evilmerodach made Jehoiachin, the king of Judah, to himself.
quote:
2Ki 25:27 And it came to pass in the seven and thirtieth year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the twelfth month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, that Evilmerodach king of Babylon in the year that he began to reign did lift up the head of Jehoiachin king of Judah out of prison;
28 And he spake kindly to him, and set his throne above the throne of the kings that were with him in Babylon;
29 And changed his prison garments: and he did eat bread continually before him all the days of his life.
30 And his allowance was a continual allowance given him of the king, a daily rate for every day, all the days of his life.

Jer 52:31 And it came to pass in the seven and thirtieth year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the twelfth month, in the five and twentieth day of the month, that Evilmerodach king of Babylon in the first year of his reign lifted up the head of Jehoiachin king of Judah, and brought him forth out of prison,
32 And spake kindly unto him, and set his throne above the throne of the kings that were with him in Babylon,
33 And changed his prison garments: and he did continually eat bread before him all the days of his life.
34 And for his diet, there was a continual diet given him of the king of Babylon, every day a portion until the day of his death, all the days of his life.

The exilarchs of the Jews trace themselves back to King Jehoiachin. They kept court in Babylon until it was ruined. Then, they moved to Baghdad.

Do not forget the marriage of Judah to the daughter of a strange god.
quote:
Mal 2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.
12 The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.
13 And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.
14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

Do not forget the woman in the basket.

quote:
Zech 5:5 ¶ Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.
6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.
7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.
8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.
9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.
10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?
11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

Shinar is shown as the place where men started building as masons.
quote:
Gen 11:1 ¶ And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 ¶ And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Don't forget that the Freemasons have a title for themselves: Mother Jurisdiction of the Earth.
quote:
Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Don't forget that the blood of the prophets is found in a place that has two ways by which it can be identified.
quote:
Luk 11:45 Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also.
46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

See how the blood is found in the lawyers who were associated with the Pharisees? Notice how the blood is found in the Great ***** who corrupts all the kingdoms of the earth?
Can lawyers screw up government?
Hammurabi was a king of Babylon. He was the one who put together The Code of Hammurabi. This was a law code that provided different punishments for rich people and poor people. It is recognized as a source for the world's laws.
By contrast, the laws that the leaders of Judah were supposed to promulgate were to be handled without regard for the wealth of the subjects.
Does anyone recognize the connection between a law that provides protection for the rich that is different from the protection provided for the poor, and the corruption of governments?
Don't be in a hurry to get people on your side against the church you hate using sensationalism.
Wait upon the Lord, and learn of Him.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup2] Keith

[thumbsup2] Aaron

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good read Keith.

Aaron, i will try to access it with my n800 next time i am around WiFi. Otherwise, i wanna hear, so i'll b n touch!

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
Aaron:

I am looking forward to reading what your url has to say, but i am on a prehistoric landline, and at a borrowed computer.

Working on yours Keith.

Ok, so, The antichrist will be a European World Leader, and the false prophet will be a Pope, the little 'Horn' being the Vatican. I shudder to realize what makes the antichrist what he is.
I think that he will come out of France.

Sorry Michael,

The link is an audio recording. You may have some issues with it on a dial-up connection. [Frown]

If you have any issues let me know. There may be other ways to get it to you.

Aaron

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaron:

I am looking forward to reading what your url has to say, but i am on a prehistoric landline, and at a borrowed computer.

Working on yours Keith.

Ok, so, The antichrist will be a European World Leader, and the false prophet will be a Pope, the little 'Horn' being the Vatican. I shudder to realize what makes the antichrist what he is.
I think that he will come out of France.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith
unregistered

Jer 3:8-9 8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.

Ezek 16:14-15 14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
15 But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

Ezek 16:28-29 28 Thou hast played the ***** also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied.
29 Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith.

Hosea 4:15 15 Though thou, Israel, play the harlot, yet let not Judah offend; and come not ye unto Gilgal, neither go ye up to Bethaven, nor swear, The LORD liveth.

During the old covenant, the Lord referred to the nation of Israel as a harlot when she had illicit relationships with her surrounding nations, and their gods. So also, in the new covenant, those who called themselves Christians, but had illicit relationships with the kings of the earth, and their gods are playing the harlot. The Church of Rome is the MOTHER OF HARLOTS, because she was the first " Christian " institution to apostatize and have relations with the kings of the earth, mixing pagan practices and worship with Christianity. This policy she also continues today, thus she is ever present at the UN and has ambassadors from virtually every nation tending to her.

Rev 17:1-2 1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Rev 17:5 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Then came Constantine, the best imperial representative of the new paganism, and the most devout worshiper of the sun as the supreme and universal deity, with the avowed purpose, as expressed in his own words, "First to bring the diverse judgments formed by all nations respecting the Deity to a condition, as it were, of settled uniformity." In Constantine the
new paganism met its ideal, and the New Platonism - the apostate, paganized, sun-worshiping form of Christianity - met its long-wished-for instrument. In him the two streams met. In him the aspiration of Elagabalus, the hope of Ammonius Saccas and Clement, of Plotinus and Origen, and the ambition of the perverse-minded, self-exalted bishops, were all realized and accomplished - a new, imperial, and universal religion was created.

Therefore, "the reign of Constantine the Great forms one of the epochs in the history of the world. It is the era of the dissolution of the Roman Empire; the commencement, or rather consolidation, of a kind of Eastern despotism, with a new capital, a new patriciate, a new constitution, a new financial system, a new, though as yet imperfect, jurisprudence, and, finally,
a new religion." - Milman.

The epoch thus formed was the epoch of the papacy; and the new religion thus created was the PAPAL RELIGION. ( THE GREAT EMPIRES OF PROPHECY A. T. Jones )

Constantine brought Sun worshippers, and Christians together, forming a new religion of the two. Although he claimed to become a Christian, he did so for the above purpose, and never claimed to abandon the worship of the sun. The result being the formation of the Church of Rome, and the exaltation of the day of the Sun as the Christian Sabbath.

"In A.D. 321, to please the bishops of the Catholic Church, he issued an edict commanding judges, townspeople, and mechanics to rest on Sunday. Yet in this also his paganism was still manifest, as the edict required rest on "the venerable day of the sun," and "enjoined the observance, or rather forbade the public desecration, of Sunday, not under the name of
Sabbatum, or Dies Domini, but under its old astrological and heathen title, Dies Solis, familiar to all his subjects, so that the law was as applicable to the worshipers of Hercules, Apollo, and Mithras, as to the Christians." - Schaff.

"The same tenacious adherence to the ancient god of light has left its trace, even to our own time, on one of the most sacred and universal of Christian institutions. The retention of the old pagan name of "Dies Solis,' or 'Sunday,' for the weekly Christian festival, is in great measure owing to the union of pagan and Christian sentiment with which the first day of the
week was recommended by Constantine to his subjects, pagan and Christian alike, as the 'venerable day of the sun.'... It was his mode of harmonizing the discordant religions of the empire under one common institution." - Stanley.

Accordingly, now "his coins bore on the one side the letters of the name of Christ, on the other the figure of the sun-god, and the inscription, 'Sol invictus' (the unconquerable sun), as if he could not bear to relinquish the patronage of the bright luminary which represented to him, as to Augustus and to Julian, his own guardian deity." - Stanley.

The Church of Rome is a political organization. She is that apostate form of Christianity which first forsook the power of the Holy Spirit, in favor of the power of the state, for the furtherance of her goals. These things she accomplished by having adulterous relations with the kings of the earth. She is the MOTHER OF HARLOTS, and as such, of course she has children. Those Protestant denominations which broke away from her, but also leaned on the power of the state to enforce their dogmas, were acting the part of her daughters. It was not until the establishment of the USA, that many Protestant denominations fully broke away from the Romish idea of combining church and state.

"In order to avoid wars and persecutions over religion, the founders of the United States tried a bold experiment. They allowed FREEDOM OF RELIGION by separating church from state, so that one could be a full member of civil society without having to belong to a particular church. Colonies that had established churches gradually ended that practice so that churches were no longer built by the state, nor were their ministers paid by the state. Churches began to rely on the voluntary contributions of their members, which resulted in more vigorous churches." (Groliers)

Any Christian denomination that wants to use the power of the state to enforce or further it's goals, is a daughter of Babylon, the Mother of Harlots. She is the originator of this mind set. Rome, in it's pagan, and papal form, is the fourth metal, and beast of the book of Daniel chapters four,and seven. As the scriptures point out, she will be with us until Christ returns, destroying the kingdoms of this earth and setting up His literal and everlasting kingdom in this world.

Dan 2:33-35 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Rome is rising again, and many Protestant churches are returning to their Mother. These things must happen before Christ returns. The second beast of Revelation will be formed when the worlds religions, headed by the Church of Rome, once again unite with the state on a worldwide basis and use the state to enforce their dogma. This dogma will be the forced worship spoken of in the book of Rev. Chap. thirteen. I leave you with the following quote.

When Christianity conquered Rome the ecclesiastical structure of the pagan church, the title and vestments of the pontifex maximus, the worship of the Great Mother and a multitude of comforting divinities, the sense of supersensible presences everywhere, the joy or solemnity of old festivals, and the pageantry of immemorial ceremony, passed like maternal blood into the new religion, and captive Rome captured her conqueror. The reins and skill of government were handed down by a dying empire to a virile papacy; the lost power of the broken sword was rewon by the magic of the consoling word; the armies of the state were replaced by the missionaries of the Church moving in all directions along the Roman roads; and the revolted provinces, accepting Christianity, again acknowledged the sovereignty of Rome. Through the long struggles of the Age of Faith the authority of the ancient capital persisted and grew, until in the Renaissance the classic culture seemed to rise from the grave, and the immortal city became once more the center of summit of the world's life and wealth and art. When, in 1936, Rome celebrated the 2689th anniversary of her foundation, she could look back upon the most impressive continuity of government and civilization in the history of mankind. May she rise again.(CAESAR AND CHRIST, A history of Roman Civilization and of Christianity from theri beginnings to A.D.325. By Will Durant-1944)

Bye for now. Y. b. in C. Keith

Aaron
unregistered

This will help:

"The first murder was a religious murder."

Babylon: A Mystery Revealed

Aaron

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I used to pay attention to all of the talk about Revelation and the end times when i was a new Christian. Eventually, since it was so cryptic, and since some things published began to be contested, i lost interest.

Through it all i still have held the belief that America was the Babylon that scripture talked about. Lately that is nixed by current Prophecy teachers; Yet, i still cannot shake the belief that we are the Babylon of Revelation, and that America will be destroyed.

Recently i listened as one stated that Iraq, the actual Babylon of the Bible, would, by it's oil richness, be that Babylon again. However, a new revelation has shaken me - guilt by association.

I am inadequate to explain what i heard that made me realize this, but if it is truly a revelation, America will be successful in Iraq, and we will prosper together for a season. Then, as i stated, guilt by association, we will be destroyed, possibly together with them. ????

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement