Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Please stop, Please!...And stop ignoring what I say, please...:(

Author Topic: Please stop, Please!...And stop ignoring what I say, please...:(
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonlesol:
The gospel is sent to break hard hearts and to heal broken ones....

Not to drive people away!... [Frown]

Psalms 139

[1] O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
[2] Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
[3] Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

[4] For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
[5] Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
[6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

[7] Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
[8] If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
[9] If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
[10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

[11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
[12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
[13] For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

[14] I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
[15] My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

[16] Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
[17] How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
[18] If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi lonlesol,
Even though freinds may come and go, and things in our life may remain or be taken away......please dont forget that our Lord continues to remain faithful. He will comfort and refresh you by His spirit.....just call out to Him....call out to Jesus.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The gospel is sent to break hard hearts and to heal broken ones....

Not to drive people away!... [Frown]

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone that I thought I was becoming friends with is now gone for good from this board...

How many more real Jesus lovers and believers will disappear from this board???....

There are many more that do not post or even come on this board anymore...what is happening here???...

Do remember that Jesus gave his disciples this new command:

''A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.''...John 13:34,35

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, lonlesol, when I read some of the posts that unbelievers post in response to issues of the day, like for instance Senator Larry Craig, it is astonishing how foul-mouthed those posters are (and I had my conversation among them at one time).

And, while I am not supposed to say, "I thank You God that I am an not like the publican and not like the unjust", and am supposed to say, "God, be merciful to me a sinner", yet I can see that we on this Christian forum have improved considerably with the help of the Holy Spirit compared to the foul-mouthed blogs posted on CBSNews, for instance.

At least we have improved some, but compared to Jesus, I'm sure that we are still a total mess. The closer we get to Jesus, the more sinful we will look to ourselves. "Woe is me, for I have seen God" and "depart from me, Lord, for I am a sinner".

Please stop, Please! Yes. As Aristotle said, "the facts themselves don't cause division, but our interpretation of the facts do cause division", but probably until Jesus comes and we are changed into our spiritual bodies, we will remain "about the same or a little better", as the optometrist might say.

with love to everyone,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwistina
Advanced Member
Member # 6618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kwistina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In our quest for improving our knowledge of christ, our passion for ensuring the real truth is out their, we sometimes allow our emotions to be overcome . . .

Passion, in the proper context, is a beauty to withold. However, where does the bible say "blessed are those who cause division for the sake of righteousnes?"

Instead, Jesus gave to the kingdom of heaven the meak, the weak, and the pitiful

"blessed are the peacemakers . . ."

Posts: 38 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 7 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a guy working for Peace.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Please stop arguing this way...
Please be respectful towards each other...
Please stop jumping on your wild horses and stay calm...
Please speak with love and compassion with and towards others...
Please...

[Prayer] [Prayer] [Prayer] [Prayer] [Prayer] [Prayer] [Prayer] [Prayer]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement