Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The woman who washed His feet with her tears

Author Topic: The woman who washed His feet with her tears
Lora
Member # 6783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Daniel and everyone who's reading.

I feel that we all need to learn from what God did in this lady's life. She was one of the "notorious sinners", which means that she must have deserved her reputation. If she was, say, a prostitute and a thief, she was someone repulsive to talk to and be with. An object of hatred and, most probably, hating.

God is so great that he can turn this kind of person into a child and make her so grateful and humble and adoring. And I am sure that she repented and her character changed.

She surely was convicted of her sin and persuaded that she was forgiven. I don't know when exactly it happened, but by the time she decided to do what she did, she knew that she had the right to go near Jesus and touch him. Amazing!

Note! She didn't pray a prayer or repentance. She repented genuinly under God's conviction.

--------------------
I am spared by mercy, a child of his grace
Received into his favor despite my selfish ways

Posts: 6 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lora,
Its nice to meet you. I believe that this woman was carrying a heavy burden of guilt. When Jesus passed by and she heard His message her heart felt compelled to go to Him as she was drawn by His compassion. In her mind she probably thought " if this man of God (Jesus) can do these miraculous things for others, certainly He can forgive sins also." (This is where she certainly contrasted in belief to the Pharisees). Then she bought the oil and hurried to catch up to Him at all costs, like a child who hears their parent calling and they race home to them. It just so happened to be in a Pharisees House, but the woman didnt see anything between her and Jesus...she probably didnt care who's house it was. She just knew where He was going and she was going to get there.

Isnt that what faith is all about? Hearing the compassionate word of God and racing home to Jesus at all cost and over any obstacles in the way?

Doesnt our Lord deserve this kind of love from us? Let not anything of this world become an obstacle.

So what are your thoughts on this story Lora?

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lora
Member # 6783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 7:
36Now one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, so he went to the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table. 37When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, 38and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

What thoughts does this passage inspire in you?

What do you think happened before she bought that perfume and headed for the banquet?

How many tearch do you think you need to wash someone's feet?

How did that woman feel?

--------------------
I am spared by mercy, a child of his grace
Received into his favor despite my selfish ways

Posts: 6 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement