Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Are you overcoming your fears?

Author Topic: Are you overcoming your fears?
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sevenlamps,
I believe that you may be speaking about two different types of fears.

A God fearing person sees God as He really is. Another words they truely believe in His all-omnipotent, omniscient, etc. characteristics and that belief is a cause of wonder in Him. This is more of a reverence by choice.

The other fear which came upon the unbelievers was a fear caused by a sudden actsss of God. This fear can lead to a Godly fear if they give God the credit for the miracles and wonders.

Perfect love casts out all fears.......now this does not mean that we all of a sudden become these fearless superheroes that look for snakes to grab, lay on railroad tracks, and jump off tall buildings.... but if I may, what it does imply, is that the fears in our lives that inhibit a fruit producing life in the Lord are adressed. I cant describe all these fears because they are many...and for each person they vary.

Interesting topic, sevenlamps. Thank you.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the fear of God falls on UNbelievers first, but the fear of God then REMAINS with believers, as in a single Christian woman describing herself in a profile on the singles site on the Internet as: "God-fearing..."

with love,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bibles says His perfect love casts our all fear. I think this perfect love is described at the end of Matthew chapter 5. Since we have talked about this before, I will keep this brief. Also in Acts 2 it says because of this great love the church built had themselves by remaining in the apostle's doctrine,breaking bread,fellowship, and ,prayer, great fear came upon the people, and many were added to them daily. This could mean two things. Either fear came on the other unbelievers,or fear came on the believers. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. This holy fear is a reverential awe for God. I pray that we all have a greater awareness of God's presence, in Jesus' name. Amen

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement