Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Holy Spirit

Author Topic: The Holy Spirit
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exciting indeed.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that Daniel. When Jesus explained about being born again He said that everyone who is born again is like the wind, you can feel its effect, but you don't know where it came from or where it goes. Where the Spirit(wind) of the Lord is there is liberty.

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
Praise God for the unity in the faith of Jesus Christ. It is crucial that the body learns to work together for the purpose of Gods glory. This is what the Holy Spirit desires to help us accomplish through our obedience to the Word.

The Holy Spirit is not predictable...and I am sad to say that some denominations seem to make it appear that way. The Holy Spirit has each one of us figured out inside and out and it knows our individual potential. It functions to help strengthen our witness. In my life the Holy Spirit has shown me others pain and suffering...causing me to cry in my sleep. It is as if the Lord desires that I see their pain so I understand the reason they need the same love and joy that I feel inside. It compels me to witness more boldly. The Holy Spirit has also warned me in a dream....I was warned against adultery. Yes, I know its in the scripture, but it was as if the Lord desired that I take it very seriously, or that I am aware that the devil may try and tempt me that way in the future to ruin credibility of testimony.

The Holy Spirit is available to any believer who prays to the Lord Jesus asking for His help. I do believe we can ask amiss though....not having the intentions that the Lord desires that we have in order to accomplish His Will for the kingdom. I also do believe that we can pray for the spirit and nothing happens......but at a later time when God sees fit He dispenses it.
Im not an expert on the Holy Spirit, and I dont want anyone to think that....but I am confident on how He has communicated to my heart.

I saw a post by Eden that talked about exitement. I do believe that there is this unexplainable exitement that comes when we notice the Holy Spirits guidance in our life. It really makes you feel that God cares. Seven lamps brought out a verse from scripture where Paul asks if they had received the Holy Ghost since they believed. This goes to show us that God does want us hopeful for the strength that comes from Him in order to accomplish His specific will in our lives. He desires that we ask for it, and He desires that we keep asking for it. It surely can be the cold water when weve been going through hot and dry desert.

I urge my friends in the Lord to Pray to Jesus continually for this Helper...and in Gods timing when He sees that all the pieces fall in thier proper place , He will dispense. With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement