Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Truth That You Need To Read

Author Topic: The Truth That You Need To Read
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Black:

2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: for he cannot deny himself.

Do you want to accept this now, or later?

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiopj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Be glad rather that you have learned so much Word, with the help of God AND with your own obedience, Amen, but not all are able to do as much.

Oh? I answer this way:

quote:
Joh 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
After a couple of thousand years, how hard can it be?

quote:
Joh 6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
Does the Word offend? Sure It does.

quote:
Gen 4:7 ...if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.
So, what does that mean? What does it mean not to do well?

It means that, if you do not obey the Word of God, sin is right there to grab hold of you because you are not protected.

So, if the excuse is that a person "cannot do it," is that "doing well"?

The following verse underscores that:

quote:
Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart.

Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

In other words, does one surrender to one's emotions and circumstances, or does he let God handle it? Who has the authority?:

quote:
Mat 7:29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
God tells us there that He, through His Son, has authority. Men tell us that they have authority and that the world has authority over them and that I ought to listen to them.

So, we need to be clear as to where each of us stands, within ourselves, and within the faith, as it pertains to the group of those who say they are truly born again. After all, not all those who say they are born again are born again, for, according to Romans, not all those in Israel are Israel:

quote:
1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
False prophets are the ones who teach doctrines of men:

quote:
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Posts: 114 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiopj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Be glad rather that you have learned so much Word...

Should I just keep It to myself?? Should I just let others fend for themselves??

The Word -- that is, Jesus -- says, "No," to both questions, and He's quite emphatic about it, too.

Men, on the other hand, say, "Yes!"

Now, on whose side do you believe I am?:

quote:
Exo 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD'S side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
Now, he didn't say, "If you're hindered by your own perceptions, if you're barred from the Garden, come to me, anyway." No, he didn't say that. He didn't imply that. A person is either on men's side, or the Lord's side. Blessings, or curses. The Lord made the offer, and men get to choose whether they will let Him have authority, or whether they will let their own circumstances have authority. There is no gray area. No fuzzy in-betweens. No loopholes into which men can squeeze to have their own way and still be on the Lord's side. It's either His Way, or the highway.

Am I supposed to soften that Message? Am I supposed to make it seem softer than It is?

No, I'm supposed to deliver It as It is. I'm supposed to declare It as It is, not as I wish It, nor as men wish It. It is what It is. God said It. I believe It. That settles it.

Posts: 114 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

quote:
I do like what you say, eventho I semi-berated you about trying to make everyone else as smart as you with the Word.

The job for those who are truly born again is to declare and/or invoke the blessing, favor and mercy of God. That means spreading the Word. That means bringing the Word to bear. That means helping others to get off the milk and onto the meat.

A young woman in one of my Bible study classes says that she was born again when she was eight years old. Twenty years later, she says she's still a babe in the Word.

My reaction: She violates God's Word by not increasing, by not seeking and, thereby, excelling. She just stays the same.

We're not supposed to be staying the same. We are supposed to be unsatisfied with where we are, seeking to know more of Him, and He will give those were truly born again insight into His Mysteries.

As I say -- and He says -- to whom much is given, much is required.

Likewise, of whom much is required, much is given.

It works the other way, too.

To whom little is given, little is required; and of whom little is required, little is given.

quote:
... you have learned so much Word, with the help of God AND with your own obedience, Amen, but not all are able to do as much.

Jesus says otherwise. He says all are capable. Of course, there are always people who say that He doesn't know what He is talking about; but He says that all can overcome, and He showed everyone how to do it. So, He waits on all to obey Him, to stay on course. He says all are capable. Far too many say they are not. Whom do I believe? Guess.

When Moses went running to God and belly-ached to Him, God told him, essentially, that He already told him -- Moses -- what to do, that he should go to the children of Israel and tell them to "Go forward!" FORWAAAAAAARRRRD HOOOOO! He tells us the same thing when we cry to Him, asking Him for direction; He already told us, and His answer is, "GO! PERFORM WHAT I TOLD YOU ALREADY TO PERFORM!" If we don't know what to do, it's because we have hindered Him. The problem is not with the Sender, rather with the receiver. The Signals are in the air.

quote:
So you might want to PHRASE your correct answers in a little more LOVING way rather than in only the RIGHTEOUS way.

I already provided the correct response to that in another thread, "When Scoffers..." I'll stand by that, thanks.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aiopj, I do like what you say, eventho I semi-berated you about trying to make everyone else as smart as you with the Word. Be glad rather that you have learned so much Word, with the help of God AND with your own obedience, Amen, but not all are able to do as much.

So you might want to PHRASE your correct answers in a little more LOVING way rather than in only the RIGHTEOUS way.

Love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Black:
My name is Mike Black.

Black. Darkness. Stumbling around in the dark.

quote:
I am here to save you from the LIE of Christianity.

Satan is the father of lies. Therefore, those claiming to be his children also lie.

quote:
I will point out the contradictions of your "holy" book...

The only contradictions are in your mind.

All of us are wondering whether you have ever gotten around to reading Revelation. You may want to read it before you waste any more of your time cuz it tells you how your boss -- that is, Satan -- ends up, and it ain't pretty, from your point of view, of course.

WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My name is Mike Black. I am here to save you from the LIE of Christianity. I will point out the contradictions of your "holy" book, I will be more than happy to discuss theology with any of you, and I will explain and PROVE why and how GOD HATES US ALL. You are nothing but sheep and cattle being led to "god's" slaughter, and he cares NOTHING for you. Please respond with all the firepower you have, I've got more of that than you do.
Thanx.
-Mike Black

LOL!
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, Mike Black. Here are a couple of verses from God's book, not from Satan's book:

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 (KJV)

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; but whose end shall be according to their works.

Does that describe you, Mike?

Eden

jman
Member # 6732

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaah Mike!!!

Well how easy it is to get a rise out of passionate people. I have just joined the site to engage in some interesting religious discussion and this is the first thing I read. I have got to hand it to you, you know how to get people's attention. I wonder though, having been a bit of a 'shock artist' myself, is that maybe really what it is all about - attention.
Anyway that aside - if you are sincere in your emotive opinions - I applaud it because it means that at least you are not apathetic. Take up a position, I always say. The reality is though, and this is the kicker, such passion tells me that you are daring God to touch your life in a dramatic way and I know from experience that he will oblige - he loves you mate and in your own unique way, you have shown an interest - I have a feeling that one day the two of you will work out your issues.

God Bless from Australia

Posts: 4 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mike Black,
Ive been reading your posts and I sense that either one of two things has happened in your life. You either had something bad happen to you or you did something terrible to someone else. If you had something bad happen to you, that is why it is hard for you to believe in a loving God....but if you did something bad to someone else, that is why you try to show God to be of evil character Himself...to justify your behavior. You will find that I will tell you exactly how I feel and I dont beat around the bush. With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Black, to follow the devil is to follow death. I choose life. Why are Satanists attracted to everything black, dark and sombre? They are embracing and welcoming death.

Jesus is the light of this world!!

Deuteronomy 30: 19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil

I feel sorry that you are missing out on so much in the richness of the scriptures, because there is a veil over you eyes. You cannot even begin to fathom the wisdom and knowledge of the Bible.

2 Cor. 3:14 But the people’s minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ.

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mikey, or is it Blackey? Why do you ask us to respond with firepower? Are you expecting a war? We are baptized with the Holy Spirit and fire. Thank you for acknowleding our God before we even had an oppurtunity to respond. Our life is in the blood of Jesus and His blood is against satan, who is destined to be chained and locked away for a thousand years. Why are you serving that jailbird?

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mike Black,
From your post it is evident that you do believe in God....and most people do. But the difference between christians here on this site and you is that we believe that the One and only true God is a loving God. Do you think God has chosen to share His existence with us so that we can shake our fists at Him? Until we choose to believe that the life of Jesus frames out the heart of God and accept that forgiveness that brings us back in union with God, we will remain in our sin. Show us contradictions, and it will only strenthen our Hope. Show us theology, and we know it means nothing until its applied. Have you tried to apply? Doesnt a scientist have to prove his theories by applications? or are you afraid to apply? Is there something in this life that you want to hang on to so bad, that you are unwilling to open up your heart to God? Then you are willing to sacrifice something eternal for something temporal....but that is the choice you make , and the risk that you take. Once we die (and we all will die one day) there is no changing our minds. If God sending His own Son to die for our sin is not enough to convince your heart, nothing will.
With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

You're too late, Mike. I am 100% convinced that Jesus was born by the miracle of the Holy Spirit overshadowing Mary of Nazareth and planted a Holy-Spirit fertilized sperm and egg in her womb.

You're also too late, Mike, because by now I'm 100% convinced that Jesus really did all those miracles while Jesus was in Israel and also tha Jesus rose from the dead on the third day.

That makes Jesus NOT A NORMAL HUMAN BEING but A GOD, the Son of the God of Israel, who alone is teh Creator of heaven and earth.

And that Jesus will come back the next time as conquering King who split the mount of Olives in two and the Dead Sea and the Mediterranean Sea will be 100& refreshed and renewed.

And that Jesus will rule the nations from Jerusalem, and anybody who does not submit to Jesus will be subdued by force.

Hurry, Mike, you too can escape the wrath which is coming upon the earth; call upon the resurrected Jesus by telling Him, Lord, save me when You come into your Kingdom.

Your Christian friend,
Eden

corriee
Advanced Member
Member # 6705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for corriee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Mike, only one thing you have right, I am a sheep. I know my Shepherd and I hear His voice. I am not afraid. I don't care to discuss this futher because my heart is settled. I am a believer and love my Lord.
Posts: 53 | From: Close to the heart of Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Black
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Mike Black. I am here to save you from the LIE of Christianity. I will point out the contradictions of your "holy" book, I will be more than happy to discuss theology with any of you, and I will explain and PROVE why and how GOD HATES US ALL. You are nothing but sheep and cattle being led to "god's" slaughter, and he cares NOTHING for you. Please respond with all the firepower you have, I've got more of that than you do.
Thanx.
-Mike Black

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement