Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Flaw of Denominations (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Flaw of Denominations
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'My people suffer for lack of knowledge'. I have often wondered why God has not poured out his wrath more severely on some places. But it consoles me to know that He is a loving Father and does not want anyone to perish. It inspires me to be 'hot ' for Jesus knowing that He is calling them and desiring that we should go out into the highway and byways and bid them come to the wedding banquet. Why the byways? Because some are saying I have oxen(buisness) to take care of and some are saying I have a wife(family) to attend to and have refused the invitation.

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] thank you. I am a Leo, so I thought it was fitting [Smile]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAAFOTL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen. Praise the Lord. It is nice to meet you by the way and I like your lion avatar. [Wink]

--------------------
Study to show yourself approved, a workman unto God who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
_ ____ _
My screen name stands for "I am a Friend of The Lord's"

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very well said. I couldn't agree more.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAAFOTL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Lord wants us to praise Him with all of our talents and instruments. There are many Scriptures in addition to Psalm 150 as well to confirm this, such as:

Praise the Lord with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Psalm 33:2

After that thou shalt come to the hill of God, where is the garrison of the Philistines: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy: 1 Samuel 10:5

O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Psalm 95:1

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the Lord, the King. Psalm 98:4 and 6

Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
Psalm 33:3

And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:3

O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory. Psalm 98:1

And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
2 Samuel 6:5

And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy. 1 Chronicles 15:16

It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the Lord; 2 Chronicles 5:13

I personally do not believe denominations are something God is pleased with. I call them dividanations. As I see them rooted in division.
In some cases it really is/was warranted to separate yourself unfortunately. But most often the differences are easily refuted with the Word, and if all parties really want the Lord to have His rightful place, then these differences should have been ironed out, with the Word of the Lord as our ultimate authority.Paul and Peter worked through it, so can we. Let God's Word be true and every man a liar. Let God's Word be the authority it is, and let the goats be exposed for who they are, if they refuse to repent and conform to the will of God. As these are such obvious discrepancies.

But nevertheless, even though I believe in most cases, this should not have happened, a divide of churches would absolutely be inevitable now, if never before, because of the severe deficiency in the moral axis and obedience and abandonment of the Word of God by many churches and/or their members. This is a time when I believe God would approve of separating ourselves rather than yoke ourselves together with a church that is a god unto itself, where each one's personal moral compass is absolute for them despite what God's Word says.

Many Christian Message boards on the internet really give you a panoramic view of the state of the church's moral compass as a whole, and there is hardly a noticeable difference, between some of the church and the most worldly of the world. There are also false teachers abounding. Preaching to the itching ears of the worldly church. God said that He will judge His house first. I believe the Church is going to get a wake up call soon. Not because God is a wrathful God, but because He is a merciful Father. The rod of correction can't stay put away for much longer. He chastens whom He loves. The church is sick and dying (on a whole) I know there are churches among us that are alive, but they are very far and few between. Some may even feel alive when you are in service, but is the Church training up Disciples and sending them out? Is the Church's outreach strong and alive? If not, the church is dead, because souls is the Father's business, so if the Church is not training up Disciples and not mobilizing them and reaching out to the lost in the community, not healing the sick, preaching the good news, setting the captives free, casting out devils etc., then they are not even doing what Jesus did much less greater works than those that He did. Some churches do not even acknowledge, and will prohibit the gifts of the Holy Spirit from operating. It is a sad state that the church is in. This IS NOT the work Jesus commissioned. [Frown]

We as a Church need to awaken out of our slumber get our houses in order and get busy about the Father's business.

--------------------
Study to show yourself approved, a workman unto God who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
_ ____ _
My screen name stands for "I am a Friend of The Lord's"

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

The Flaw of Denominations

The very first church I ever attended, from a very small boy to my early teenage years, was a “Church of Christ.” Later on in my life, my father took me to a “Baptist Church.” I noticed two large differences between these denominations: [i] The Church of Christ did not use instruments, but the Baptist Church did. Why?
The answer to that question from a Church of Christ point of view is found, mainly, in two verses in the bible:

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the lord. Col 3:16

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the lord…Eph. 5:19

Now one must ask their selves the question: But the bible doesn’t say don’t play instruments in church does it?
This forces a resounding answer: NO!

So then why doesn’t the Church of Christ use instruments?

Onto the Baptist Flaws

Once I started attending the Baptist Church I learned that they did not support dancing in churches…. Again, a rule that the bible does not support.

But why does these two separate Denominations not practice these simple worshiping ideas? You tell me….

Here is what I do know

Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
The Book of Psalms ~Chapter 150

As you can see from the Psalm above, the bible is in full support of dancing in church, as well as musical instruments.
I think Denominations make people feel special, and unique. Almost like they have a knowledge of God that other churches do not. The desire to feel unique, and special is derived from pride.

Pride comes before the fall….
The churches are practicing law, and not faith…. That is the problem with denominations.

Your Thoughts?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement