Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Why do some Christians get more ACTIVE and EXCITED about their LORD and the Lord?

Author Topic: Why do some Christians get more ACTIVE and EXCITED about their LORD and the Lord?
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiopj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
... I'm talking about people who at one point in their life made a personal acceptance that Jesus died for them, and then....they do almost nothing. Strange to me.

They say they have faith. Yet, they do no work.

Out of love and faith, God created. He worked out of His love and faith. His work made His love and faith alive. He finished and rested. His faith was not dead.

Since Adam and Eve jumped, God has been working, and Jesus has been working. Their work of Reconciliation and Redemption is out of love and faith. Their faith is not dead.

Faith, without works, is dead. That's partly on accounta they have not mixed faith with the Word/they choose another version of the Word, one that helps them justify standing still, not listening to the Lord.

So many versions, so many ways, is the Devil's idea. It's a confusion. It's a deception. The idea is to make people stray from the ONLY, One Way, not knowing what way IS the Word. Yet, people think they have the way, the Word. The Devil loves it!

Posts: 114 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiopj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... I'm still flabbergasted about why there are so many carnal, babes in Christ kind of Christians.

They want the best of both worlds. They refuse to leave the carnal world behind.

Yet, they want to believe, in their own minds, that they have the benefits of Christ.

They don't want to hear, nor see, that they cannot be lukewarm. To them, it's our fault for reminding them that they can't have one foot in and one foot out.

Posts: 114 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

quote:
... asking, "who is the Lord addressing when He says 'many are called but few are chosen"

It sounds to me as though He is addressing everybody, teaching everybody. No particular kind of person, except as the parts of the teaching apply to whomever they apply.

quote:
... but it's also true that I know that in the parable of the sower, of the 4 kinds of people in the parable, only one kind ends up saving itself, and I dare say that it is the only kind that CAN save itself.

Each of us must examine himself, measure himself against the Measure of the Word.

So, a person can be only one of the four kinds in the parable.

And you're correct that only one kind can be saved because he puts himself in the position whereby the Lord can save him.

quote:
So eventho I find it curious that Jesus would say "Many are called but few are chosen", I also know that even if He had said, "All are called but few are chosen", it still would have the same actual result.

I'm sure Scripture can solve "many" for us. At some point, somebody will find the scriptural line of thought that defines "many."

At the same time, we know that, when He says that few are chosen, that lines up with the part where Jesus said that few will find the narrow gate.

However...

quote:
Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luk 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

... unless somebody can come up with a scriptural line of thought, these verses seem to define "many" as "all." In other words, it appears that all are called.

Does He withhold? No:

quote:
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

So, all are called, but, of those who are called, there are few who understand.

quote:
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

So, again, I think that all are called, and those who are transformed are the ones who are chosen.

After all...

quote:
1Ti 2:3 ...God our Saviour...

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

There you have it: His Ambition which, as fellow laborers with Him, is our ambition. There is no other, more important work this late in the game. As His work of Redemption is out of love -- that is, unselfish concern for the Salvation of others -- so must our work be as His partners. Those of us who are truly born again want Salvation for others at least as much as we want Salvation for ourselves.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I'm still flabbergasted about why there are so many carnal, babes in Christ kind of Christians.

When one realizes that the Lord Jesus Christ is raised from the dead, doesn't His aliveness then not become a fairly serious matter after that, to be reckoned with? I don't get it.

(I'm not talking about people who were BORN into their religion, I'm talking about people who at one point in their life made a personal acceptance that Jesus died for them, and then....they do almost nothing. Strange to me.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

aiopj, I'm comfortable with what you said in that post. I don't have a problem with asking, "who is the Lord addressing when He says 'many are called but few are chosen", but it's also true that I know that in the parable of the sower, of the 4 kinds of people in the parable, only one kind ends up saving itself, and I dare say that it is the only kind that CAN save itself.

So eventho I find it curious that Jesus would say "Many are called but few are chosen", I also know that even if He had said, "All are called but few are chosen", it still would have the same actual result.

love, Eden

aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

quote:
ok, aiopj, fair answer.

Okay. Good.

Is there anything in that post with which you are at least uneasy, or uncomfortable?

Eden
unregistered

ok, aiopj, fair answer.

love, Eden

aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

quote:
... if God loves all and God wants to save all, how come it only says "many are called" and why does the verse not say "all are called" but "few are chosen"?
Wouldn't that make more sense than saying "many are called but few are chosen"?

That's the reasoning of men. What makes sense to men is not the sense of God.

There are some details in the Word of God about which I am not concerned. For example, I'm not concerned HOW He created the universe. I'm concerned THAT He created it. That is reflected in His statement to Moses, "I AM 'THAT' I AM," not, "I AM 'WHO' I AM." It's important to know only THAT, not how.

quote:
Therefore, I was wondering that maybe this "many who are called" referred to some other people than everyone in the world?

I'm sure that's a detail that's probably not our concern. There is no way for us to know. It's not important for the spiritual journey.

However, just for discussion's sake: God wants to save all. The House of Israel and those grafted into Israel: spiritual Israel.

He will not save all, Jesus saying that only a few will find the narrow gate, that broad is the gate that leads to destruction.

Most will not heed the call to Him. They are doomed. They do not and cannot comprehend the Light. Only His Chosen -- that is, those truly born again -- will be saved. They are the few. They are the remnant.

Eden
unregistered

Hi, aiopj. I wanted to ask you about what you said:

"Originally posted by Eden:

»»... what then does the phrase, "many are called but few are chosen" mean? If many are called, how come few are chosen?««

Because few will find the narrow gate. Those few who find it are the remnant. The others choose to go their own way. Those who choose their own way are not saved. They do not comprehend the Light.

God loves all. God wants to save all."

Eden here:

I was wondering, aiopj, if God loves all and God wants to save all, how come it only says "many are called" and why does the verse not say "all are called" but "few are chosen"?

Wouldn't that make more sense than saying "many are called but few are chosen"?

Therefore, I was wondering that maybe this "many who are called" referred to some other people than everyone in the world?

What do you think? Love, Eden

aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

Originally posted by Betty Lou:
»»I believe we can become overloaded by the stress of living at times.««

In other words, at times, we prefer to be at the command of circumstances rather than of the Lord.

He has six words for us: Be not conformed to the world.

»» I am always looking for Jesus' return, but there are times, when I am so busy, tired, or just plan feel bad, that I am not excited.««

You don't trust Him? Do you trust that He is more powerful than your circumstances?

What did Jesus teach in Matthew 4:1-11? He told us how to react when the Devil accosts us. In other words, it's not the Devil who makes us stress out; rather it's how we think after the Devil has suggested to us that we think lowly thoughts.

So, at the suggestion of Jesus, in Matthew 4:1-11, you go to the Word and scratch up the appropriate Scripture. You don't let the circumstances dictate. Unless you go to the Word, you'll always be at the mercy of all the worldly things that are attacking you.

I know it's difficult, and so does the Lord. However, He says it's the only Way.

aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

»»... what then does the phrase, "many are called but few are chosen" mean? If many are called, how come few are chosen?««

Because few will find the narrow gate. Those few who find it are the remnant. The others choose to go their own way. Those who choose their own way are not saved. They do not comprehend the Light.

God loves all. God wants to save all.

However, as with any good parent, He will not let His love preclude justice, discipline. He is wrathful to the disobedient. God says He will be harsh in punishment.

Jesus says that He is the ONLY Way to the Father. He says that the Way to the Father is narrow, not broad, and that few will find it.

Therefore, God loves all and wants to save all, but that those of the world prefer their own pleasures to the pleasures of the godly life, and that they are disobedient and deserving of His wrath, justice, discipline.

He will not go back on His Word. He will not treat the obedient as He does the disobedient. He will separate the impurities, save the wheat and throw away the chaff.

Eden
unregistered

Hi, Betty Lou, you said:

“I believe we can become overloaded by the stress of living at times. I am always looking for Jesus' return, but there are times, when I am so busy, tired, or just plain feel bad, that I am not excited. I am sure that others are like me.”

Eden here:

Hi Betty Lou, I found it curious that you said you were, “always looking for Jesus' return”, when I tend to look for “fellowship today with the resurrected Lord Jesus and with the Father YHWH and with the Holy Spirit today”. That’s where my happiness comes from every day.

Dear Betty Lou, if you are “always looking for Jesus' return”, then it does not surprise me that you are “so busy, tired, or just plain feel bad, that you are not excited.” I wouldn’t be excited from looking to the return of Jesus either.

Interacting on a daily basis emotionally and mentally and spiritually and verbally and feelingly with the RESURRECTED Lord Jesus is where happiness is to be found, no matter HOW BUSY I AM, Amen, Betty Lou?

Betty Lou finished her post with:

“I am sure that there are others like me.”

Eden here:

I am sure there are too many bornagain Christians who are looking at the return of Jesus instead of at a daily personal relationship with the RESURRECTED Jesus of Nazareth instead, which is much more rewarding.

So, Betty Lou, to repeat what you posted:

“I believe we can become overloaded by the stress of living at times. I am always looking for Jesus' return, but there are times, when I am so busy, tired, or just plain feel bad, that I am not excited. I am sure that others are like me.”

Eden here: Don't look to the future, enjoy today with resurrected Jesus and with the Father YHWH and with the Holy Spirit of Israel.

with love thru Him,
Eden
“do unto others as I want others to do to me”

Betty Lou
Advanced Member
Member # 6713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe we can become overloaded by the stress of living at times. I am always looking for Jesus' return, but there are times, when I am so busy, tired, or just plan feel bad, that I am not excited.
I am sure that others are like me.
betty

Posts: 35 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joy2Tworld
Advanced Member
Member # 6764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy2Tworld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

The reason I am excited is because i am feeling things i had never felt before, i have collapesed in prayer, someone was there to catch me. After this it felt as if i was washed from head to toe with the holy spirit. Im excited also that i was saved from going into bad things. Ive always classed myself as a christian, but when i met my boyfriend i used to go up to his house at the weekend and missed going to church, (even before then i used to find it hard to wake up for church but there would be a time when i would wake up and go to church). I started loosing my faith and i started having bad tempers and things. Good Friday this year, somebody introduced me to this paster, he prayed with me and i was saved. Also this church goes to these pubs and hires a room, and we do night where people get introduced to Jesus, where people can be healed, from sickness and from mental issues, and at one of these nights i asked for prayer, i had lots of anger inside, and he healed me, i have felt better since, obviously you get mad at times but i handle it better, so thats the reason i am excited that he has made me a better person. I could talk all night but i shall leave it for another day.
Joy2Tworld

Posts: 24 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 8 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One reason is they don't diligently seek Him:

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV)

Also some just don't put any time at all in seeking to know Jesus:

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Once you actually get to know the Lord Jesus Christ you can't help but to be excited about it!

The King is coming and I know I am excited!!!!

Praise you Jesus! \o/

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

well, yeah, sevenlamps, but what then does the phrase, "many are called but few are chosen" mean?

If many are called, how come few are chosen?

Who are these "called" and who are these "chosen" in today's world, for instance?

(hopefully) with love thru Christ,
Eden

sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be,'many are called but few are chosen'?

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Why do some Christians get more ACTIVE and EXCITED about their LORD and the Lord and about the Holy Spirit than others?

Is it genes?

Is it family history?

Is it in which country we happen to be born? Do you think God forces people to be born in certain countries?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement