Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Was Matthew 24 Totally Fulfilled In 70AD?

Author Topic: Was Matthew 24 Totally Fulfilled In 70AD?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It breaks my heart to express what the abomination is, and so, to this moment, i'll withold.
Love in Christ MDH

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following may help to understand the biblical definition of an abomination.

4-The Abominations and Filthiness of Her Fornication

Having already established the Church of Rome’s adulterous relations with the kings of the earth, let us move on to the abomination and filthiness of her fornication. As it is the intention of the writer to prove from history that the identifying marks of the Mother of Harlots apply to the Church of Rome, it is therefore necessary to examine the records of history.

Before we begin to examine some of this history, let us first discover the meaning of an abomination from the scriptures. What did the Lord refer to as an abomination in the Holy Scriptures? The answer to this question, will determine what we will identify as such, within the Church of Rome.

Deuteronomy 7 25 The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God. 26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.

Worshipping, or bowing down to, or owning idols, is an abomination to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 12 29 When the LORD thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land; 30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise. 31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods. 32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Following the example of how other nations worshiped their god’s is an abomination unto the Lord.

Deuteronomy 17 1 Thou shalt not sacrifice unto the LORD thy God any bullock, or sheep, wherein is blemish, or any evilfavouredness: for that is an abomination unto the LORD thy God. 2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and inquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Offering and incomplete or blemished sacrifice to the Lord, is an abomination unto the Lord. Worshiping other god’s, particularly the sun, moon, or stars, is an abomination unto the Lord.

Deuteronomy 18 9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

It is an abomination for God’s people to learn to do after the people which the Lord has given into their hands. They should not worship their god’s, or incorporate their practices of worship into their own.

Deuteronomy 32 16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. 17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee. 19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters. 20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith

Incorporating the practices of other religions into the true religion, is an abomination unto the Lord.

II Kings 23 23 But in the eighteenth year of king Josiah, wherein this passover was holden to the LORD in Jerusalem. 24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the LORD.

Those who spoke to the dead, practiced magic, worshipped images and idols, were an abomination unto he Lord.

Ezra 9 12 Now therefore give not your daughters unto their sons, neither take their daughters unto your sons, nor seek their peace or their wealth for ever: that ye may be strong, and eat the good of the land, and leave it for an inheritance to your children for ever. 13 And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this; 14 Should we again break thy commandments, and join in affinity with the people of these abominations? wouldest not thou be angry with us till thou hadst consumed us, so that there should be no remnant nor escaping?

Practicing the abominations of the nations around them, was the breaking of God’s commandments. The breaking of God’s commandments is an abomination. Not just that someone sinned, but that they accepted and believed, and practiced, that which was the breaking of God’s commandments. This is an abomination.

No doubt, many reading have already associated many of the above abominations with the Church of Rome. For her adherents do pray to the dead in Mary and the saints. They do also bow down to images of the same. Many of these very images were incorporated from the pagan religions which permeated through the Church of Rome, through her absorbance of the pagan worshippers that were declared Christian by the edicts of kings and emperors. The effect of which, was the amalgamation of pagan and Christian practices.

Bye for now. Y. b. in C. Keith

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,
When I looked up the "abomination of desolation" in my bible dictionary part of the definition states.....

An act whereby a pagan idol is introduced into the precincts of the holy temple at Jerusalem is obviously intended by Jesus.

I thought about what becauseHelives was saying about the complete destruction of the temple and it is my belief that we could look at it a couple ways. First of all, if God is the one who destroys the temple, we can be rest assured there will not be one stone upon another....but if Christ is prophesying what man is going to do in the future then we can, I believe, safely assume that the temple isn't going to be leveled as if God had done it, but nevertheless it is leveled and something new and abominable is introduced into that same Holy place. Hmmmmmm......

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blindfaith101
Community Member
Member # 6836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blindfaith101   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise The Lord, becauseHElives,
1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. MATTHEW 24:1,2
The Word Of God, says what it means and means what it says. The Temple was completely destroyed in AD70. The "Wailing Wall" was not a part of the buildings of the Temple. It was a part of the Walls that surrounded the Temple.

The following is from the wesite that you gave in your message.
According to Josephus,

“ as soon as the army had no more people to slay or to plunder, because there remained none to be the objects of their fury (for they would not have spared any, had there remained any other work to be done), [Titus] Caesar gave orders that they should now demolish the entire city and Temple, but should leave as many of the towers standing as were of the greatest eminence; that is, Phasaelus, and Hippicus, and Mariamne; and so much of the wall as enclosed the city on the west side. This wall was spared, in order to afford a camp for such as were to lie in garrison [in the Upper City], as were the towers of feet [the three forts] also spared, in order to demonstrate to posterity what kind of city it was, and how well fortified, which the Roman valor had subdued; but for all the rest of the wall [surrounding Jerusalem], it was so thoroughly laid even with the ground by those that dug it up to the foundation, that there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it [Jerusalem] had ever been inhabited. This was the end which Jerusalem came to by the madness of those that were for innovations; a city otherwise of great magnificence, and of mighty fame among all mankind.
And truly, the very view itself was a melancholy thing; for those places which were adorned with trees and pleasant gardens, were now become desolate country every way, and its trees were all cut down. Nor could any foreigner that had formerly seen Judaea and the most beautiful suburbs of the city, and now saw it as a desert, but lament and mourn sadly at so great a change. For the war had laid all signs of beauty quite waste. Nor had anyone who had known the place before, had come on a sudden to it now, would he have known it again. But though he [a foreigner] were at the city itself, yet would he have inquired for it.

...the Romans set fire to the extreme parts of the city [the suburbs] and burnt them down, and entirely demolished [Jerusalem's] walls.

When [Titus] entirely demolished the rest of the city, and overthrew its walls, he left [three] towers as a monument of his good fortune, which had proved [the destructive power of] his auxiliaries, and enabled him to take what could not otherwise have been taken by him.[1]
MATTHEW 24 is a continual thought as you say. When you read MATTHEW 24, You can see that all that Jesus Christ spoke has begun to happen. Verses 2 and three, have already happened. Verses 3 through 51 are in the process of happenning now. We are a part of that last generation. Many do not believe that to be so.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
MATTHEW 24:34-39

Posts: 10 | From: Brooklyn New York | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greetings Blindfaith101,

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Will you agree when Yeshua said something would happen a certain way, that was exactly what happened?

When he said …”.There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

Did Yeshua mean what He said literally or did He mean to say , well not really all the stone will be thrown down I will leave a few stones to trick people?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Wall

There is no doubt that the “Wailing Wall” is part of Solomon’s Temple destroyed in 70 AD by the Romans.

Never be confused, when it is spoken by the Creator of Heaven and Earth it will come to pass just as He says.

For example look at the fig tree and learn.

Mar 11:14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard [it].

When He cursed the fig tree, not just the leave withered , ….Mar 11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

Mathew 24 states Yeshua said not one stone left on another.

I will believe what Yeshua said not what men have concluded.

Matthew 24 is a continual thought of what the last generation will see before the return of Yeshua, so agree Mark and Luke.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blindfaith101
Community Member
Member # 6836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blindfaith101   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. 3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give **** in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. 45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; 50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, 51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. MATTHEW 24:1-24 KJV
NO..........
Are we to read The Word of God and accept what The Word says? Or are we to read The Word of God, and make it say what we want it to say? The Word was spoken for those in AD70 and for all of us in 2007. Yes, verses 1 and 2 were fullfiled in AD70. The rest of what Christ said is being fullfilled from AD70 till today. Untill all is fullfilled.
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. MATTHEW 4:4 KJV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 10 | From: Brooklyn New York | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is complete conclusive proof that in 70AD the temple was not completely torn down, all stones were not torn down as Yeshua had prophesied, because a large portion of the Wailing Wall is still just as it was in the days Yeshua walked the Earth.

so consider .....

For in my jealousy [and] in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that [are] upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and shall every wall fall to the ground.

Eze 38:19-20....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith
unregistered

Matt 24:14-15 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

The above prophecy concerning the abomination of desolation is spoken of in connection with the gospel of the kingdom being preached in all the world, right before the end comes. This prophecy has not been fulfilled. At the time the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman armies, the holy place of that temple was no longer holy. When Christ died it lost it’s significance.

Mark 15:37-38 37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

The curtain separating the holy from the most holy was torn in two, signifying the end of the earthly temples role in the salvation of humanity. It’s types and symbols were replaced by what they represented, that is Christ and Him crucified for all.

Matt 23:37-38 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

The temple in Jerusalem was void of God’s presence, and therefore no longer holy, long before the Roman armies destroyed it. The prophecy of Matt. 24:15 is for the end times. The event predicted will transpire at the same time that the gospel of the kingdom is preached in all the world which will bring the things of this world to an end. Indeed the setting up of this abomination of desolation in the place of the holy, will force this world into the valley of decision, speeding up the work of the everlasting gospel. This will bring about the end. The verse does not so much mean that some abomination will be standing in a, or the holy place, but rather, that some abomination will be set up in place of that which is holy. This abomination will bring forth the judgments of God upon the world, resulting in desolation.

The key to understanding this prophecy, lies within the understanding of what God defines as an abomination. Once this is understood, it is only a matter of determining how an abomination will be set up as a standard in place of that which is truly holy. Then you will have discovered your abomination of desolation. This particular abomination has already brought desolation upon this world twice. Once upon the Jews when their nation and Solomon’s temple were destroyed, and once upon apostate Chritianity when the barbarians from the north devastated the western Roman empire.

Bye for now,
Y. b in C. Keith

scythewieldor
unregistered

At least we know part must have been fulfilled.

quote:
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give **** in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Since the holy place no more stands, the abomination of desolation that was to have stood in it just before the Great Tribulation must have already stood in it.
We know that the holy place of which Jesus spoke will NEVER be rebuilt.
quote:
Ga 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
God destroyed the copy of the heavenly things (one of which was the holy place) so that the true things may be enjoyed. If He rebuilt that which He destroyed He would be a transgressor.
Now, we are the Temple of God not made by the hands of men.
quote:
Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
10:1 ¶ For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 ¶ Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Notice, here, that God never wanted sacrifices and burnt offerings. He wanted a body to do his will.
In Jesus, He had that body. Therefore, He took away the first which was a copy in order to establish the second which was the true.
quote:
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Even if the Jews build another temple, it will never be God's temple. Therefore, it could never contain a holy place in which an abomination of desolation could stand.
However, what God has built - the heavenly Jerusalem, and our mother according to Galatians 4:26- will come down and stand in her place. If I understand the dimensions found in Revelation, the diagonal across her base could reach, almost, from the Straight of Gibraltar to Constantinople. Her highest point would be above earth's atmosphere. And nothing wicked will ever get into that place.
quote:
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Borther Dale ask>
quote:
Was Matthew 24 Totally Fulfilled In 70AD
my answer.. No

love
barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with what sevenlamps said, even about me, but I would not set Matthew 24 in such isolation because there are things like Jesus touching down on the mount of Olives and the mount of Olives splitting in two and water coming out from below the threshold in the temple of Ezekiel will restore the Dead Sea and the Mediterranean Sea and that has not happened either yet.

Nor has the house of Israel and the house of Judah come up out of their graves while they are among the Gentiles, as stated in Ezekiel.

So Matthew 24 must not be taken in isolation but combined with other things which have not happened yet.

The next main event that I am looking for to happen is the house of Israel and the house of Judah coming up out of their graves while among the Gentiles. I do not look for the rapture first but for that major event to happen first.

Eden

Eden
unregistered

Yes, sevenlamps, I sure did miss the thread here. I guess I answered the signature portion of becauseHElives' thread. duh
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Reading here.. [Smile]

Must consider many points

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden I think you missed the thread here. The question was,'Was Matt 24 fulfilled in A.D.70?' This was a good read but didn't discuss the chapter much. I don't think hardly any of it was fulfilled in A.D.70. In verse 7 Jesus is saying nation shall rise against nation. The world was subdued by Rome in A.D.70 so how could this be the beginning of sorrows(verse 8). In verse 14 Jesus says the gospel shall be preached in all the world...This had not been accomplished by A.D.70. In verse 21 Jesus states,For then shall be tribulation,such as was not since the beginning of the world, no, NOR EVER SHALL BE. The horrors of WWII far exceeded the tribulation of A.D.70. In verse 29 Jesus says IMMEDIATELY after the tribulation there will be a darkening of the sun, and moon not giving her light...In verse 30 the sign of the Son of man in heaven appears,ALL the tribes of earth mourn,and they shall see the Son of man coming with great glory.And angels gather the elect from the four winds,from one end of heaven to the other. These events have not taken place either(there would be historical evidence of such a worldwide event such as this).

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

brother, in your opinion, what does this narrow gate look like?

Is what Jesus did on the cross the narrow gate?

John 10:7
Then said Jesus to them again, Verily, verily, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

When compared to the world and all of its philosophies, choosing Jesus and His death and resurrection instead of the rest, that IS a narrow gate.

May I ask you, becauseHElives, What does the gatekeeper of the narrow gate ask anyone who tries to enter the narrow gate?

And let's say that some AdamandEve person MAKES IT THROUGH THE NARROW GATE BY PERMISSION FROM ITS GUARD, at that poin the AdamandEve person is a CHRISTIAN right, even if they stay close to the narrow gate after that?

They are STILL in the kingdom of God aren't they, as long as they are on the INSIDE of the narrow gate? Help me out here...

with love,
Eden

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://jesus-messiah.com/html/not-one-stone.html

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement