Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Romans 7:18

Author Topic: Romans 7:18
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody thinks they are a sinner until they discover that they are a sinner, and only then can they be saved.

Many Christians know that God does not want their BAD traits, but fewer Christians know that God ALSO DOES NOT WANT THEIR GOOD TRAITS.

The truth is, that "in my flesh dwells NO GOOD THING", and therefore God has crucified our ENTIRE OLD MAN, not just our BAD traits but also our GOOD traits, on the cross WHILE JESUS was on the cross (not in the future, but this crucifixion of our ENTIRE OLD MAN happened BACK THERE WITH JESUS), and NOT in the future.

When a Christian realizes that God has DONE AWAY with our ENTIRE old man in Romans 6:6, then this Christian knows that "in my dwells NO GOOD THING".

In Christian love,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing" (Romans 7:18a).

Before he saw the Lord, Paul was self-confident and dangerous. Those who trust in themselves have neither seen themselves nor seen the Lord. I am afraid that many people have the idea that Jesus came only to lend them a hand and help them feel more successful and fulfilled. Today the most popular Christian books tell us how to have a better life, how to prosper, how to be a "winner", how to improve our circumstances, and how to think nice, positive, encouraging thoughts about ourselves.

The focus appears to be on making life here on earth more enjoyable and making believers more self-reliant and self-confident. This may not be the stated intention but it is the inevitable result – and if a few Scriptures can be used in the process, so much the better. It would be a mistake to equate holiness with misery and drudgery; but it is an even greater mistake to tell someone how wonderful they are until they have first despaired of themselves and learned the lesson that Paul learned: "In me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing."

web page

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement