Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » spiritual rule and soulical rule--Will Jesus say to the soulical, "I never knew you"?

Author Topic: spiritual rule and soulical rule--Will Jesus say to the soulical, "I never knew you"?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul addresses the carnal or soulical Christians of Corinth still as brethren. They have no spiritual meat of their own, because spiritual meat can only be acquired in their own spirit.

But the brethren at Corinth DO have spiritual milk. What is spiritual milk?

The words that Paul speaks to the believers of Corinth have spiritual zoe-life in them, but it is milk.

Paul hear meat in his spirit, and then when repeating with human speech the meat that Paul had heard in his spirit, it becomes spiritual milk.

So the Corinthian brethren have been eating spiritual milk, in this case, from Paul.

Spiritual milk is enough to get a soul or person saved. The spiritual milk can be enough spiritual food to make the soul repent and believe that Jesus died in his place and that Jesus was the Son of God.

It seems that believers who have only fed on spiritual milk all their lives, without ever hearing any spiritual meat from their own spirit, will still be saved because they believe that Jesus died in their place, as taught by the spiritual milk of Paul.

But Paul does rebuke them for not having moved from being a baby in Christ who is fed with milk to a child in Christ who is fed a mixture of milk and meat and to an adult in Christ, who is able to receive and retrieve spiritual meat from his own spirit.

1 Corinthians 3:1-2
“But I, brethren, could not address you as spiritual men, but as men of the flesh, as babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for you were not ready for it; and even now are you not ready”.

The Lord Jesus was receiving and retrieving meat:

John 4:34
Jesus said to them, My meat is to do the will of Him who sent me, and to finish His work.

John 12:50
And I know that His commandment is {zoe} life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said to me, so I speak.

John 16:13
Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come.

with love,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, BrianGrass1234. You said:

"What if all this milk/meat, spirit/flesh stuff isn't so complicated."

Eden here:

And it IS NOT complicated; it is just a matter of Christians quieting their soul life of mind, emotions and will, so that they can hear what their spirit is saying to their own soul.

God only talks to their spirit, so it is time for the soul to shut up and listen to what the Holy Spirit has said to their spirit, which then conveys it to the listening soul.

with love,
Eden

BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 21 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if all this milk/meat, spirit/flesh stuff isn't so complicated. What if its just that these christians were young in christ so they need to start with the milk or fleshly benifits of their faith. Like how to treat each other, that their lives will be saved and stuff like that. Then the meat refers to spiritual knowledge like how the spirit leads us and using our spiritual gifts.

Maybe thats whats being said and I'm not smart enough to understand all the big words and christianese.

Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, becauseHElives. You said to me, Eden:

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you who work iniquity[/b].

Iniquity as used in Matthew 7:23 does not mean Soulical.

And you also said:

Iniquity means…
1) the condition of without law
a) because ignorant of it
b) because of violating it
2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

Eden here:

My dear brother becauseHElives, if iniquity isn’t soulical or done by the soul, what is it then? Iniquity is certainly NOT spiritual because that which is born of the spirit is spirit:

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So iniquity must be born from the flesh or the soul which Adam and Eve decided to activate at the expense of their spirit.

The spirit cannot sin:

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for His seed remains in him: and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

But if a Christian with a quickened spirit is not listening to his spirit but continues unrelentingly in his own soul rule, the result of that soul rule is inquity. Iniquity is therefore soulical; the spirit does not do it.

To repeat what you said at the top:

You quoted Matthew 7:23:

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you who work iniquity[/b].

And then said:

"Iniquity as used in Matthew 7:23 does not mean Soulical."

Exactly, iniquity flows out of soul rule, not out of spirit rule. Inquity is soulical.

With love,
Eden

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Iniquity as used in Matthew 7:23 does not mean Soulical

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/explanatory_soulical.htm

Iniquity means…
1) the condition of without law
a) because ignorant of it
b) because of violating it
2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G458&Version=kjv

Iniquity as used in Matthew 7:23 is Antinomianism…..

Antinomianism (Greek anti,"against"; nomos,"law") is the doctrine that faith in Christ frees the Christian from obligation to observe the moral law as set forth in the Old Testament. The insistence in the Epistles of St. Paul upon the inadequacy of the law to save, and upon salvation by faith without "works of the law" or "deeds of righteousness" (see Romans 3:20, 28; Ephesians 2:9; 2 Timothy 2:9; Titus 3:5) could easily be interpreted as a claim of freedom from all obligation to obey the moral law. Thus, righteous persons might well hold such a doctrine and behave in an exemplary way, not from compulsion but from a devotion higher than the law. Gross and vicious persons, however, might well interpret the exemption from obligation as positive permission to disregard the moral law in determining their conduct.
http://www.mb-soft.com/believe/txn/antinomi.htm

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have deleted my question...I only needed to read the entire post a few times again to fully understand it...
My apologies and thank you for this post... [Smile] [Prayer]

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

SPIRITUAL RULE AND SOULICAL RULE--Will Jesus say to the soulical ruled, I never knew you?

1 Corinthians 3:1-2
“But I, brethren, could not address you as spiritual men, but as men of the flesh {my comment: men of soul rule}, as babes in Christ. I fed you with milk, not with solid food; for you were not ready for it; and even now are you not ready”.

These words from 1 Corinthians 3:1-2 show how incisive Paul’s spiritual sense was. Paul knew that the believers of Corinth were NOT operating out of their spirit rule but were operating out of their soul rule, just like Adam and Eve who had started soul rule.

Paul says that he fed the believers of Corinth with milk. He is obviously talking about spiritual milk and not real milk, so what does this spiritual milk represent here?

Milk means that the believers at Corinth were being fed by another person, from outside their body. In this case, Paul.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul was listening to his spirit because only Paul’s spirit can communicate with the Holy Spirit. And in his spirit, Paul was getting spiritual meat. Paul then turned what he had heard in his spirit and told it to the Christians who were still only listening to their souls . Paul regurgitated in speech form what he had personally heard in his spirit. That is called milk.

But meat is eaten by Christians who listen to their own spirit. Eventhough all Christians now possess a regenerated and quickened spirit upon first believing that Jesus died in their place, their spirit is automatically regenerated and quickened by the Holy Spirit. The only problem is that most Christians never start listening to their spirit but continue to use their soul rule.

Most Christians are still living by their own soul rule and instead of living now by spirit rule. Eventhough man’s spirit was quickened immediately by the Holy Spirit, yet this man still does not give his spirit its rightful place of dominion over the soul and the body. Instead, the soul still keeps almost complete control of the body, while his spirit is being ignored and is thus idle.

And since only the spirit of man can communicate with the Holy Spirit in man’s spirit, and hear what the Holy Spirit is saying to man’s spirit, a Christian who continues this soul rule ignores his spirit and IS THUS NOT HEARING ANYTHING FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT because only man’s spirit can communicate with the Holy Spirit.

But Christians who have wisely chosen to stop soul rule because they realize that the Holy Spirit is MUCH SMARTER and WISER and SWEETER than the Adam-and-Eve soul ever will be, he begins to listen to what his own spirit now transmits to THE SOUL who is waiting, like a steward, to hear what the Master is saying and then the soul instructs the body what to do through the will.

When Christians first believe that Jesus has died for them, then their spirit is immediately quickenened. But afterward, if the soul continues to rule with the soul’s will, and emotions and mind, which are the 3 instruments of the soul, these are called soulical Christians, and there are millions of them.

And there are those who have learned to listen to their spirit part of the time, and at other times they reactivate their soul rule to make the decisions again.

But their spirit is THE ONLY PLACE where they can communicate with the Holy Spirit and the soul and the body cannot communicate with God; only man’s spirit can commune and receive/communicate with the Holy Spirit.
These Christians are so into soul rule still that they are hearing nothing from their spirit. The only way to reach them is from the outside, from milk feeders like the Apostle Paul, who regurgitate in speech form to the soulical Christians what Paul has heard in his spirit.

When the soul has stopped its own soul rule, and has quieted its own mind and calmed its owned emotions and restrained its own will, then the soul can hear what the Holy Spirit is saying to man's spirit.

There are millions of Christians whose spirit has been renewed and regenerated and quickened upon believing in what Jesus has done for them, but the only spiritual zoe-life that Paul's audience will receive today is milk or regurgitated food that has come, not from their own spirit which is waiting to be used, by this milk or zoe life in human speech form, came from Paul’s spirit.

Eventhough the spirits of each of those saints at Corinth were “enriched in (Christ) with all speech and all knowledge ... not lacking in any spiritual gift” (1 Corinthians 1.5,7), yet they continued to soul rule, and so these Corinthian Christians never received any spiritual food which came out of their own spirits.. All they knew was milk.

How many of the Lord’s people today continue in this soul rule after they have first believed that Jesus died in their place? But they continue to ignore spirit rule which is THE ONLY PLACE where a Christian can hear what to do next from the Holy Spirit, in man’s spirit and NOT in their soul like Adam and Eve tried to do.

We daily expect to have more power, more knowledge, more gifts, more eloquence, but on the contrary, our spiritual walk stands still and does not advance.

Paul candidly told the believers at Corinth, “You were not ready for it; and even now you are still not ready” by which Paul means that, “all of you are still living by your own soul rule and none of you are listening or are barely listening to your spirit to rule.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:13
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.

Have we stopped our soul rule yet by realizing that what man’s spirit can hear from the Holy Spirit is far greater than our own soul rule can attain?

Many, if not most, Christians are still mostly soulical. Will these Christians be the ones to whom the Lord Jesus says one day, "I never knew you"?

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from Me, you who work iniquity.

Since we can only know God and the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit in man's spirit where man’s spirit can commune with the Holy Spirit, will the Lord say to these Christians who continue unrelentingly in their soul rule, "I never knew you"? because, in fact, Jesus never ever met them in their spirit, ever, or hardly ever.

With love,
Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement