Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Unanswered prayer

Author Topic: Unanswered prayer
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the posts...

Let us keep him in prayer [Smile]

love
barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what Paul experienced and what every Christian should experience in their Christian journey while on earth:

Romans 7
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 O, I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Christ died for the sins that we will commit with the law of sin in the flesh while on earth; but with the mind at least we can now also serve the law of God by rejoicing in God and learning more and more about God the Father and about the Lord Jesus Christ and about the Holy Spirit inside my spirit.

Romans 7
24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 O, I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The more we live in the spirit, the less we will sin, because the spirit of God CANNOT sin. But our SOUL can still sin BIG TIME, but Christ DIED for the SOUL, and not for the spirit because the spirit goes back to God who gave the spirit.

Jesus Christ died for the SOUL and that SOUL can still sin up a storm given the wrong set of circumstances.

But at least until the redemption of our body comes, we can already now serve God with the mind listening to our spirit once again, where alone the Holy Spirit is speaking to our spirit, NOT to our soul.

Our soul is WAITING TO RECEIVE what the man's spirit of man has heard from the Spirit of God. And then the spirit of man COMMUNCIATES that to the SOUL. Now, THAT is a soul in right relationsip with the Lord;

The human being can be spirit likened to the master of a household (man's spirit}, who has a steward {man's soul} and has servants {man's body}.

spirit = is the master of the house

soul = is the steward of the house who executes what the master wants done, not what the steward wants done, although to some extent the steward executes what the master said to do a a co-laborer with some of his own style added. But the soul-steward only executes what the master-spirit wants done, NOT what the steward-soul wants to do or thinks should be done.

body = servants, who execute what the steward {soul) wants done.

Too many Christians are not listening enough to their spirit, but are still, like a steward no longer listening to what the master wants done, the steward-soul has rebelled and taken over the household and the servants-body, and the steward-soul is no longer listening to what the master-spirit is telling the steward-soul to do.

Like Adam and Eve, the steward-soul is now in charge in all unsaved people. It is only when our soul, but not our spirit, has repented of what the soul has done since the time of Adam and Eve, THEN the soul starts to search for the voice of his spirit again:

1 Thessalonians 5:23
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus
Christ.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Dear Christian, do you know that you also have a spirit?

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Ecclesiastes 3:21
Who knows the spirit of man that goes upward, and the spirit of the beast that goes downward to the earth?

Zechariah 12:1
The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretches forth the heavens, and lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him.

1 Corinthians 2:11
For what man knows the things of a man, except the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God.

John 15:7
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you.

1 John 2:24
Let that therefore abide in you, which you have heard from the beginning. If that which you have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, you also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Unanswered prayer? Is the steward still in charge of the house?

with love,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus ......I know it isn't easy...but the more you rebel, the worse it will get... [Frown]

LEARNING TO TRUST (Learning to Trust)
by David Meece

There's a father in your sweetest dreams
Who's always there to meet your needs
He never ever lets you down
There's a mother in your heart of hearts
Who always plays the perfect part
She never lets you hit the ground

This is the need of children
These are their tender dreams
And oh how it hurts when they don't come true

That's why I'm learning to trust in You
In everything I do
I'm learning to trust in You
Cause I know in my heart that You're true
But sometimes it's so hard to do

Father, little children must grow up
And to grow we've got to learn to trust
And to trust we've got to cling to you
And when You tell me You will hold me close
It's the very thing I need the most
But it's the very hardest thing to do

I've got this pain inside me
It speaks to me loud and clear
When there's so much to gain there's always so much to lose

In everything I do

Keep calling me drawing me closer
Don't let me hold back
Whatever it takes I must break through
The heart of a child is broken
But his time has come
Whatever he lost I'll find in You

In everything I do

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, J4Jesus. You said:

“God never answers me”

Eden here:

That is complete baloney. God answered you and the rest of the human race when God called Abraham “to a land that I will show you.” After that God showed you miracle after miracle, from Abraham to Moses to Jesus and to Peter and John and Paul.

God answered your suffering in WRITING by making sure that there would be a BIBLE ACCOUNT of God’s doings in the earth. So how can you say, GOD NEVER ANSWERS ME???

J4Jesus, you further said:

“And after 3 years i've finally had enough. i cuss him out everyday. i hate him. HATE”

Let me ask you, J4Jesus, do you think that you are a sinner, or not? Once I saw and admitted, that compared to Jesus, I was a total sinner, after that I could also believe that Jesus died IN PLACE of me the sinner.

But first we have to realize and admit that I AM A SINNER THROUGH AND THROUGH. Only THEN does it make sense that the Lord Jesus could die in MY place.

And, consider this too. The Bible says that Jesus will come back and take over rule over the nations from Jerusalem. And that ANYBODY who does NOT BELIEVE THAT will NOT PARTAKE IN THE FREE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE.

Why will you not escape from what is to come? For there is WRATH purposed against the earth by God.

Therefore God has said:

There is only ONE WAY that I’ll let you ESCAPE the destruction of the earth that is coming … by believing that YOU ARE A SINNER AND that Jesus was THE SON OF GOD AND that Jesus DIED ON THE CROSS IN YOUR PLACE and that God RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD.

J4JESUS, if you believe the 4 things above, then you WILL be saved, and YOUR PRAYER HAS BEEN ANSWERED. You will be ELIGIBLE to escape the coming destruction of the earth:

Joel 1:15
Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

1 Thessalonians 5:3
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

You think you can safely curse the LORD? Rather, KISS the Lord, so that you may escape the things coming upon the earth:

Psalm 1
12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live.

Choose life, therefore, for why will you die, O foolish man?

Don't CURSE God for providing a means of escape; PRAISE HIM for this means of escape from the things that are coming on the earth. Join the Party, dude!

With love only in Him,
Eden

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 11 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart is heavy to hear anyone make this kind of statement....It surely is one out of frustration, and anger and haste. [Frown]

i m so sorry that at this moment i do not have swelling words of wisdom...but think on this matter...

BE NOT WEARY IN WELLDOING; FOR IN DUE SEASON YOU SHALL REAP if if if if YOU FAINT NOT!!!

Please speak to God tonight on this matter and i will pray that He will guide and give direction to your hurting soul.... [Smile]

[Confused]

[Frown]

[crying]

love
barry

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
god never answers meand after 3 years i've finally had enough
i cuss him out everyday
i hate him
HATE

Well the devil has finally brought down another Christian, which is a major feather in his cap. He must be jumping up and down with absolute joy. He and his imps can have a great party over this one. [mad2]

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
god never answers me

and after 3 years i've finally had enough

i cuss him out everyday

i hate him

HATE

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pss.66

[18] If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 8 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A high-tech way to deliver a message that will withstand the ravages of time ."

Unanswered Prayers

James 1:5,6 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

James wrote, "You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask."(James 4:2 ) If you feel that your prayers are not answered, perhaps you need to look in the mirror, rather than wonder what is wrong with God. (Smile) Sure, it’s a whole lot easier to blame God, than yourself, notwithstanding, there’s a good possibility that you’re often the reason your prayers go unanswered.

So let’s look at some things that can be barriers to your prayers being answered.

1. Unconfessed sin: God’s Word states that "your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear."(Isa 59:2) When it says that "He will not hear," it doesn’t mean He can’t hear you; it means that He won’t respond to you, until you confess your sin/s!

My friend, God expects you to maintain your personal integrity, to show thoughtfulness and love toward others, and to put Him first in your life. Yes, "He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"(Micah 6:8)

Notice that God doesn’t "suggest" to you, but He "requires" of you that you do "do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God!" I want to state again; that list isn’t a suggestion; those items are "requirements!" If you refuse to act "justly," to "love mercy," and to "walk humbly," don’t expect God to answer your prayers. Unless you’re offering a prayer of confession, you’re wasting your breath!

2. Failure to pray: First of all, what is prayer? The American Heritage Dictionary defines "prayer" as: 1. The act of making a reverent petition to God. 2. An act of communion with God, such as in devotion, confession, praise, or thanksgiving.

I can assure you that number two is the most important. How often do you commune with God when you don’t need anything? Are you squirming? Do you wait until you’ve got yourself in trouble again, and cry out to God, "Help!!!" Or do you regularly go to Him and say, "Father, I’ve just dropped in today to let you know that I love you, and just want to visit with you!"

When you regularly visit with your Heavenly Father, you won’t have to introduce yourself when you have a need. (Smile) The problem is that it’s easy to think about a prayer need, but not spend any time praying about it.

So why isn’t God answering? Because you haven’t prayed yet! Do you live by the principle "Why pray when I can worry; why should I pray when I can work myself to death trying to solve it; why pray when I can go without?"

Now this may come as a shock to you, nonetheless, prayer only works if you actually pray! Thinking about praying, studying about praying and reading about praying, all have their place. However, they don’t replace praying. However, when you do pray, God will move!

When you start by seeking His forgiveness, He will listen, and respond when you pour out your heart to Him.

Live by God’s rules; it works!

Bro Russ

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement