Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I'm Sorry But You Cant Help

Author Topic: I'm Sorry But You Cant Help
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus, I love you, man. And God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit love you too, for "(John 3:16) God so loved the world that He ..." and "(Romans 5:8) But God commends His love toward YOU, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Dear brother J4Jesus, are you able to see yourself as a sinner, or not yet?

with love in Christ to you, [hug] (hug)
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay then
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BrotherBrown you wrote:

quote:
Look I'm not in here to argue with you. And it seems all you have is strong opinions on your side. So let me move on where I can find those who know the difference between the Word of God(verses) and their own opinion.
Your not wrong in some things you say your just inmature in your walk. Your abiding in the milk.

Heb 5:12-6:1
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

And now let me tell you this:

[Jesus said,] "Don't criticize.....
Should you say, 'Friend,
let me help you get that speck out of your eye,'
when you can't even see because of the board in your own?
Hypocrite! First get rid of the board.
Then you can see to help your brother [or sister]."
Matthew 7:1, 4-5 TLB

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Bbrown your foundation "milk" is spoiled and your "meat" corrupt.

Nothing which you share on this forum will be received do to the error of your foundation doctrines.

Gal. 1:
8: But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9: As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

Look I'm not in here to argue with you. And it seems all you have is strong opinions on your side. So let me move on where I can find those who know the difference between the Word of God(verses) and their own opinion.
Your not wrong in some things you say your just inmature in your walk. Your abiding in the milk.

Heb 5:12-6:1
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

CHAPTER 6

1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
(NKJ)

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Bbrown, it is not the Holy Spirit of God which is leading you, or you would not be bringing error and seeking to teach contrary to the context of the Word.

If it were God's Holy Spirit Who is leading you then you would practice sound exegesis, and not interpret the sacred text by reading into it ones own ideas, imposing your own false theology atop of scripture, which is eisegesis.

It is critical to practice sound scriptural hermeneutics, by which one develops a clear systematic theology and sound doctrine, within the unified context of the Word of God.

The hermeneutic circle describes the process of understanding a text hermeneutically. It refers to the idea that one's understanding of the text as a whole is established by reference to the individual parts and one's understanding of each individual part by reference to the whole. Neither the whole text nor any individual part can be understood without reference to one another, and hence, it is a circle. However, this circular character of interpretation does not make it impossible to interpret a text, rather, it stresses that the meaning of text must be found within its cultural, historical, and literary context.

Context must be understood within not only a particular verse, but also within the chapter, the book, and all of the entire Bible itself. A unified body of sacred text, revealed to mighty men of God, inspired in the authors, and down through the ages to this very moment, illuminated in the hearts and lives of the Believers.

Those who perpetrate error have not desired to seek the context but rather seek-out and wrest scriptures to support their particular pretext.

For you to deny the very deity of our Lord Jesus is to reject the Word of God and the God of the Word. To continue in this error reveals that you are NOT a Brother in Christ, for you worship/follow a false christ of your own making, and thus led by the spirit of anti-christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I've got two daughters. When they were younger one was in the second grade and the other was in the seventh grade. The younger one was learning the difference between letters for words and numbers for math. The older was learning algebra.
Now the younger came home telling the older one the difference between letters for words and numbers for math. And the older told the younger that later she will be doing math with letters. And that started a big fight. I had to step in but which one was I suppose to correct??? They were both right in where they were at in life.
All I could do was separate them tell them they were both right. But I had to tell the older one not to bring it up again to the little one because she just couldnt handle it."

Your a slothfull god and misled your older daughter to further a lie.

Pss.82

[6] I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

For you to even sugjest that your a guide to the "We the Real People" of this board is just plain silly.

(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Now repent while the day is yet called day.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brotherbrown:

I've got two daughters. When they were younger one was in the second grade and the other was in the seventh grade. The younger one was learning the difference between letters for words and numbers for math. The older was learning algebra.
Now the younger came home telling the older one the difference between letters for words and numbers for math. And the older told the younger that later she will be doing math with letters. And that started a big fight. I had to step in but which one was I suppose to correct??? They were both right in where they were at in life.
All I could do was separate them tell them they were both right. But I had to tell the older one not to bring it up again to the little one because she just couldnt handle it.
Well thats where I'm at with you. There is a carnal language which is what we are speaking now. And that is the milk. And there is a meat language which is done totally with the Word of God(verses). And that is where you havent been yet apparently because you dont understand the verses used in the meat context by the Holy Spirit. Now that is the gentlest way I can explain it. But if you have any emotions(unclean spirits) I'm sure they will get aroused. [/QB]

If speaking the inspired word of God is the meat language. Then why not post in the original Hebrew and Greek? Those are the inspired words, not Man's English translations.
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
When you begin to use exegesis Brotherbrown, then you might be able to understand the Word within its true context. As long as you are utilizing eisegesis you will continue in your errors.

2 Peter 3:
16: As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures unto their own destruction.

Col. 2:
8: Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9: For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Them are man made rules of belief. Or are they man made rules to deceive. You reject the Holy Spirit and His teachings because of rules that some man told you. You reject the Holy Spirit.
Can you spell blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
When you begin to use exegesis Brotherbrown, then you might be able to understand the Word within its true context. As long as you are utilizing eisegesis you will continue in your errors.

2 Peter 3:
16: As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures unto their own destruction.

Col. 2:
8: Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Them are man made rules of belief. Or are they man made rules to deceive. You reject the Holy Spirit and His teachings because of rules that some man told you. You reject the Holy Spirit.
Can you spell blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

2 Peter 3:

Col. 2:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BrianGrass1234:
Come on, I've been reading some of your posts. It looks to me like you cherry pick a bunch of verses that you think make some point. Lots of times I don't see how you can get your opinion from the verses and much less be able to make definitive statments regarding their meaning in the small paragraphs you make. Then when someone disagrees with you, you act superior and discount the opposing opinion while never explaining how you come to the conclusions you arrive at.

Then because no one is buying what your selling, you try to insult them by saying, they're all just a the milk level and not an enlightened meat eater like yourself.

Why don't you try asking some questions rather than making know-it-all statments. Also you should try to explain your thought processes that bring you to your conclusions rather than assuming everyone sees the same thing you do in these verses.

Your posts make you seem arrogant and prideful, not like one who is humble and seeking the truth.

I've got two daughters. When they were younger one was in the second grade and the other was in the seventh grade. The younger one was learning the difference between letters for words and numbers for math. The older was learning algebra.
All I could do was separate them tell them they were both right. But I had to tell the older one not to bring it up again to the little one because she just couldnt handle it.
Well thats where I'm at with you. There is a carnal language which is what we are speaking now. And that is the milk. And there is a meat language which is done totally with the Word of God(verses). And that is where you havent been yet apparently because you dont understand the verses used in the meat context by the Holy Spirit. Now that is the gentlest way I can explain it. But if you have any emotions(unclean spirits) I'm sure they will get aroused.

Favor Minded
Advanced Member
Member # 4661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Favor Minded   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Your posts make you seem arrogant and prideful, not like one who is humble and seeking the truth

--------------------
Matthew 24:36
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

Posts: 129 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, I've been reading some of your posts. It looks to me like you cherry pick a bunch of verses that you think make some point. Lots of times I don't see how you can get your opinion from the verses and much less be able to make definitive statments regarding their meaning in the small paragraphs you make. Then when someone disagrees with you, you act superior and discount the opposing opinion while never explaining how you come to the conclusions you arrive at.

Then because no one is buying what your selling, you try to insult them by saying, they're all just a the milk level and not an enlightened meat eater like yourself.

Why don't you try asking some questions rather than making know-it-all statments. Also you should try to explain your thought processes that bring you to your conclusions rather than assuming everyone sees the same thing you do in these verses.

Your posts make you seem arrogant and prideful, not like one who is humble and seeking the truth.

Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but you dont seem to be able to answer the tough questions with scripture. I didnt come in here to argue, I came in here looking for the truth. So I think I will just move on in search of the meat understanding for my questions.
I'm affraid that you all are still in the milk and dont know it. I want to thank you anyway for trying.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement