Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Gods word is light

Author Topic: Gods word is light
Paul Gordon
Community Member
Member # 6612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Gordon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaron good question;
So that there won't be any misunderstanding; God's uncompromised word is each word that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord and his apostles (New Testament Bible). Aaron, in the beginning was the word (John 1:1) that word that was there in the beginning is also going to judge us (John 12:48). Aaron, God can't lie (Titus 1:2; Numbers 23:19). Everything that is said in the New Testament is being revealed before our eyes every day. God bless! Amen!

Posts: 13 | From: Fort Smith Arkansas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you please just answer the question: What (do you think) is God's uncompromised word?

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Gordon
Community Member
Member # 6612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Gordon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden;
God's word (bible) was never meant to be compromised, it's perfect we are not. Therfore I don't think it's a stretch to refer to God's word as uncompromised (he did not give us compromised guidance). We (Christians) recognize that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23). We (Christians) recognize that there is none righteous, no not one (Rom 3:10). However, unless we are converted and become like little children (little children looks to their father for everything) we will not enter the kingdom of heaven (matthew 18:3). The apostle John tells us (I John 2:1) too sin not my little children (God's children are saved); but if you do sin you have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous one. He is the propitiation (redeemer)for our sins (the saved); not for ours only but for the sins of the whole world. Listen Eden, God knows those that are his for they have departed iniquity (living in sin, II Timothy 2:19). Today in our Churches we are doing what Mark talked about in Mark 4:19; we have allowed the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches and the lust for other things to enter into the Church and thus choke out the world of God. Eden, we've gotten to relaxed with God and his word. Listen the church is not a business, nor is it for pleasure or entertainment. The Church is for the people (it's a way of life). In John 21;15-17 Jesus tells Peter to feed his sheep three (3) times representing who he's concerned about (not the Church building) and who he's coming back for (he's coming back for a Church/people without spot of wrinkle. We should strive for his uncompromised (perfect)word, but when we do sin we have Christ's blood to catch that sin, unless we are living in iniquity (willfully sinning). Hebrews 10:26 states If we willfully sin once we come to the knowledge of truth, there wiil not be any more sacrifices (Christ's blood) for our sins. James 4:17 tells us that; he who know to do good and does it not (willfully sins) to him it's counted as sin. This verse in I John 1:5-7 is letting us (Church) know that God (who is light) doesn't dewell where there's darkness (deliberately violating his word). If we want God in our churches, we have to remove ourselves from iniquity (I Timothy 2:19) We should strive to be Holy! Why? Because Christ (our redeemer) is holy. Amen!

Posts: 13 | From: Fort Smith Arkansas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Oh, I missed this last bit:
quote:
until you walk in his uncompromised word.
What is that exactly: His "uncompromised word"?

To help you: If you say "the Bible" then you've just condemned the early Christians who had no Bible.

Aaron

Aaron
unregistered

I read that as "I can't sin and say He is with me."

In a much broader sense: I cannot live a life of sin and say God is with me.

Aaron

Chaffin
Advanced Member
Member # 6221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaffin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Are you saying YOU are now walking in His uncompromised Word?"

I don't think Paul was was bragging on himself, I think he was just trying to remind us that we can't live as we want 6 days a week and say that we have true fellowship with God. Which I agree we all need to be reminded from time to time that we aren't Super Saints.

"Where would you place yourself compared to Jesus?"

We should never, ever try to compare ourselves to Jesus...There is no comparison....

Posts: 27 | From: Milton, WV. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Paul Gordon. You said:

“Saints, you can not have true fellowship as God's Church until you walk in his uncompromised word.”

Eden here:

Are you saying YOU are now walking in His uncompromised Word? And if so, can you explain to me what it is you DO, during the day, let’s say, that constitutes this “walking in His uncompromised Word.”

Explain a little bit of what you think it means. Have you attained it already, and if so, what do you do?

Say, on a scale from 0 to 100, with Jesus being at 100, where would you place YOURSELF in your "true fellowship with God by walking in His uncompromsing Word".

Are you at 50? Or are you more? Or you less? Where would you place yourself compared to Jesus? Do you have ANY idea where you are on that scale?

Thanks for explaining that, Paul Gordon,
Eden

Paul Gordon
Community Member
Member # 6612

Saints, the bible says in I John 1:5-7,that God is light (truth) and in him there is no darkness (sin) at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him (God) and walk in darkness (sin, things contrary to the word of God), we lie and do not the truth. However if we walk in the light (God's word) as he is light we than can have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ can cleanse us from all sin. Saints, you can not have true fellowship as God's Church until you walk in his uncompromised word.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement