Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What think Ye?

Author Topic: What think Ye?
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Corinthians 3:2-3
2.I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3.for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

Ephesians 5:24-27
24.Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25.Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
26.that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
27.that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

According to the Word, we are sanctified and cleansed while we are here on earth. Christians continue to drink milk and do not go for the meat.

I've known those in the wilderness, they walk in power of the Holy Spirit, they are FILLED with Holy Ghost.

John 14:12
12."Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

Few believe and have faith that they can do the works that Jesus did. Who do you know in your life that can heal the sick or raise the dead?
Any Christians in your church able to walk on water yet?

Very few want to eat meat, most of us just keep slurping on milk. Nobody wants to believe it, nobody wants to have faith.
But those in the rural areas, away from the cities are preparing for their exploits in these last days.

Preachers keep feeding us the same milk, over and over. No meat, wheres the meat?

Jesus said HE who believes in Me, the works that I do HE will do also

Does this mean just the Apostles?
Does this mean just your pastor?

Oh, that was only in the canon era, those things aren't meant for us today..
Thats not what Jesus said.
The time is getting shorter by the minute, we all post these things on the messageboards and see things that show us Jesus will return soon.
We need to start praying and asking the Lord to start feeding us meat, we have to get away from the rudimentary teachings, and start walking in the supernatural.
Would you believe, that when you are filled with Holy Spirit, you cannot feel the ground under you?
Would you believe that you are lifted up?
That it is an intense feeling of power?
That when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, his voice is loud and unmistakable?

When the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?"

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Barrykind. Chip Brogden said:

"You can't put a wedding dress on a w.h.o.r.e. and pretend like she is the Bride of Christ. She's a harlot. The True Bride of Christ is being
prepared in the wilderness.”

Eden here:

I tend to think that the Bride of Christ will look fairly natural with lots of wrinkles right up to the moment that we are changed:

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:53
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Corinthians 15:53
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Corinthians 15:54
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Romans 8:23
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Eden here:

The above verses make me think that we are better than we used to be before we were saved and started reading the Word (if we read it) and started listening to the Holy Spirit (if
we listened), then we are better than we used to be, but we are still milestones away from what Jesus was.

Even in our natural bodies, we are ALREADY the bride of Christ, except it does not yet appear what we shall be and our wrinkles won’t go away until WE ARE CHANGED:

1 Corinthians 15:43-45 (KJV)
43 It {the body} is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is
raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Even bornagain Christians cannot get the wrinkles out until they are CHANGED from a natural body to a spiritual body.

With love,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry,
Thank you for the link. I listened to the first part this morning.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok brother, I understand, I just don't want to slap all of those that suffered for Christ during the Romans times and throughout history until now, in the face.
Jesus wants more than a few to make it.

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rogg, I am in no wise advocating that any will escape being purified.

Accept Yeshua returns, the American Christian is sure to face persecution of a magnitude it is fearful to think on.

My point is right now, this moment if you, I or anyone else that thinks they truly believes and lives the life of Yeshua, we are not being persecuted, being hated and despised now or we are not His children.

The world hated Yeshua, and He promised those that believe and practice true faith will also be hated by world

But when the Church, watches what the world watches, goes to the same places the world goes to, dresses like the world, then the church has lost its function and has become just an extension of the world.

Yeshua said when this happens the salt has lost its savor (value)

It is no more good but to be trodden under the feet of men. (Salvation is lost unless the individual finds a place of repentance)

The individual’s Yeshua is talking about at one point were salty in the way He approved of but after a time they had left their first love

"Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness" Luke 11:35

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

I'm just saying, some think we will go through persecution first. That we will be tested on our faith before we are caught up to the Lord.
We have brothers and sisters in other countries that are being persecuted for the Gospel.
Jesus said we will suffer persecution.
I just don't think we are going to be exempt from this.
Then the argument I get from pre-tribbers is that we are not appointed unto wrath, but persecution is not Gods wrath, but Satans.
And this being the case, our brothers and sisters in Sudan and other countries are appointed unto wrath, but those living in Western cultures are not, because they are better?
becauseHElives, I see in many of your posts where you condemn Christiandom and Churches, how they are corrupt in the world. With their false teachings and doctrine.
I do not say you are wrong about that, because much of it is true.
But if you think you are going to fly away up to Jesus while your brothers and sisters are going to be left here being persecuted, you are greatly deceived.

Matthew 10:24-25
24."A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master.
25."It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household!

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Rogg,

Me personally I believe Yahweh has always had those that were & are ready since the day of Pentecost to meet Him, a spotless Bride.(Few I grant you)

You know I have only recently saw my own need to really awake. I thank Yahweh

I have claimed to be a Christian for a long time, I started off with great zeal, saw Yahweh do many great things, daughter cured of cancer, grandfather pretty much raised from the dead and much more….

I don’t know how it happened but the message of sloppy “Grace” just about did me in…

At one point I was so far from the Father, I don’t know how I even got there but I know if I had died I surely would be in Hell.

Some would say, oh no once you are saved you couldn’t be loose your salvation…

Tell that to the Prodigal Son, he started in the father’s house and left… if he had not awaked and return to the father he would have died and went to hell.

Those ten virgin all started out with oil…

When we start this life we all have a measure of oil but day by day we use it up, if we don’t do as the Apostle Paul says be ye continually being filled with the Holy Spirit, we end up as the 5 foolish virgins.

It doesn’t have to be just the Rapture we miss; we don’t know what day we will be called to meet our maker.

The “Grace” being taught today in America, doesn’t teach a person to live soberly, righteously, holy (separate) from this world.

I hope you can hear my heart, I hope you are calling out with your whole heart everyday, I hope Yeshua returns soon, I hope we are all found faithful,

We can’t do anything to save ourselves, Yeshua does it all but we do have a small part in our salvation, surrender our will to His on a daily basis, pray fervently and seek His Face..

To Him, Yeshua be all the Praise and Glory, Amen

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

becauseHElives,
Do you think the church is ready to be raptured? Do you think it will refined by fire, and made to be without spot or wrinkle first?
Don't you think the Lord wants to shake up his church first, to get those with hardly any oil to get filled up?

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry I think there is going to be some very shocked people when the Bride is caught away.

It is very easy to see the carelessness with which the greater part of the so called Church lives!

The perverted message of “Grace” of this day we live has got to make Yeshua weep.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2609149243719622443&q=The+Revival+Hymn&hl=en

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Barry,

Our next installment from The Book of Revelation is available online
in MP3 format. This is a hard word, not for sensitive ears, but for
discerning hearts and minds. Here is an excerpt:

"You can't put a wedding dress on a W.h.o.r.e. and pretend like she is the
Bride of Christ. She's a harlot. The True Bride of Christ is being
prepared in the wilderness. Can you see that? If you can't then ask
God to open your eyes and give you a revelation of Christ so that you
can see the Ekklesia that He is building...

"I'm going to continue to speak the Word because someone, somewhere,
will hear it, they're ready for it, and they'll respond to it, even
if you don't. Sure, we love the people. Of course we love the
people! Love for the people caught up in a false system of religion
is one reason why we keep speaking the Truth and encouraging people
who SAY they love to Jesus to really LOOK to Jesus and LISTEN to what
He is saying. Loving the people has nothing to do with loving the
system! In fact, if you don't HATE the system that keeps God's
people in bondage then I'm not sure you really LOVE the people at
all. Why do you tolerate what Jesus calls adultery?..."

Listen to the rest of this message:

REVELATION, CHAPTER 3 (Part 1)
http://www.TheSchoolOfChrist.Org/webcast.html

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
http://www.TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(c)2007 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for
non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.

{Sent to me by a dear Brother---What do you think?)

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement