Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Have a Blessed Easter Day

Author Topic: Have a Blessed Easter Day
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes TG, we have whats known as the Greek Calander that we go by and the days of the week are named after different pagan dieties.

Thats why in your Bible, you will read that Jesus rose on the 1st day of the week. The Jews did not go by the Greek calander, the went by whats called Gods set-appointed times. They did this by the new moons.

Im sure you have read from one new moon to the next, from one Sabbath to the next. The Sabbath day is not even referrd to as Friday night at sundown until Saturday night at sundown in your bible.

It is only referred to as the Sabbath day.

Now they did have their own calander for we read in the OT that on the 14th of Nisan which is the 1st month of the year, they were to take a lamb and sacrifice it for Passover.

To fully understand and appreciate the Feasts being the appointed times of God, its important to understand the Biblical calander that God gave.

This calander is used from Exodus 12 to Revelation 22.

god established this calander in Ex 12:2 as it is written
"This month shall be unto you the beginning of months. it shall be the FIRST month of the year to you." This month that God was referring to was the month of Aviv (ex 13:4) which is now called Nisan as the first month.

God gave this calander so we could understand that these Feasts, which He gave and which are His appointed times and foreshadow important events in the Redeemption, would happen on the days He ordained on this religous calander.

God also gave a civil calander as well as this religous calander and when more time permits i will be happy to expund on it.

But for our discussion here, God is the one that gave the religious calander set forth in the OT being His set appointed times. These important days on the religious calander are the same days that He gave as Festivals in Leviticus.

God also set up these festivals in an agricultural context. During the course of the year the rains came in Israel at 2 primary times-the spring and fall.

In Leviticus 23:2 these feasts of the Lord God said would be a holy convocation. The Hebrew translation of this means "A Rehearsal"
God gave these festivals to be yearly rehearsals of the future events of the redeemption.

there are 4 spring festivals and 3 Fall Festivals which becausehelives alluded to in his post, and these 3 fall Festivals have yet to be fulfilled.

TG, you asked "are we going to change our days of the week or calander?" sadly that has already been taken care of years ago since we go by the Greek calander.

But, Gods set appoint times have not changed. The 3 Fall Feasts are before us in the future. Some of us still rehearse/keep them year after year awaiting His return.

I even have a Greek Calander that has the days of when Passover begins, when Tabernacles begins, when Shavout (Pentecost) begins.

Betty, sister, I have Never accused you of worshipping a pagan god. I am only pointing out where The Roman Church distanced itself from God the Fathers set-appointed calander and times and even changed the name of resurrection Sunday, The Day of First Fruits and Gave it another Name after a Pagan diety. This is what is referred to as the traditions of men.

You know in the future, when Christ sets up His kingdom on earth for 1000 years and rules from Jerusalem, the scripture states that from one New moon to the next and from one Sabbath to the next all flesh will come up to worship Me. This is in Is.

The fall Feast of Tabernacles is one we will all be celebrating when Jesus comes back to rule, and God said whatever Nation does not come up to keep the Feast at that time, He would cause the rains to stop on their land. This will be during the 1000 year Reign of Christ.

There is also a Feast of the Blowing of Trumpets. There is just so much richness in Gods word if we will just study it.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
found this:

but I digress ......

I have read that since Easter is named after a pagan goddess, then we should not celebrate the holiday. Well, then it follows that we should not participate in any of the days of the week, either, because they are named after pagan deities, too.

The seven day week was developed in Babylon (O horrors!) ca. 2300 BCE, and consisted of days to honor the five visible planets and the sun and moon. Their week consisted of: Shamash (Sun's day), Sin (Moon's day), Nebo (Mercury), Istar (Venus,) Nergal (Mars), Marduk (Jupiter) and Ninurta (Saturn.)

The names we use come borrowed from the Norse deities associated with the same planets: Sun's Day, Moon's Day, Tiu's Day, Wodin's Day, Thor's Day, Freya's Day and Saturn's Day.

And the months of January, March and June are right out, being named for the Roman deities Janus, Mars and Juno.

Oh ... yeah .... and the concept of the 360 degree circle and our 24 hour day are Babylonian-based, too.
-----------------------
so are we going to change our days of the week and calenders? Truth is many things we use every day are based on pagan history, but we don't have to worship pagan God's to use a calender nor do we have to worship a pagan God to celebrate Easter.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer not to have anything to do with the unfruitful works of darkness. (Easter and Christmas traditions of men)

Why do people prefer to counterfeit to the real?

Because the real (the Feast of Israel) testifies of the real Yeshua/Jesus in contrast to ANOTHER GOSPEL, ANOTHER JESUS.

Praise be to Yahweh for the Lamb that was slain for the sins of the world.

Praise Yahweh for the Feasts that point to, fulfill and declared Yeshua to be that Lamb, the Messiah.

Praise Yahweh for His Word.

Praise Yahweh for

The Feast of Passover
The Feast of Unleavened Bread
The Feast of First Fruits
The Feast of Pentecost

all fulfilled in complete order as specified in scripture...

now we look to the fulfillment of the last 3 Feast.

The Feast of Trumpets
The Feast of Day of Atonement
The Feast of Tabernacles

ANOTHER GOSPEL ANOTHER JESUS

1 Cor. 15:1: "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and in which you stand By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scripture."

the Gospel consists of three points according to the scriptures.

1) He died for our SINS - The Feast of Passover
2) He was buried (proving he died).- Feast of Unleavened Bread
3) He rose again taking up the same body he came in. - The Feast of First Fruits

But to preach the full message of the gospel, we must include the promise of the Holy Spirit, because without the Holy Spirit the believer is powerless to stand against the powers of darkness.

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.- The Feast of Pentecost

The Gospel concerns Gods son and his work for us to remove our sin . If it is focused on something else other than the cross and his resurrection it is not the gospel of Christ. The Son of God came as the savior (1 Jn 4:14), that he is Lord of the universe (which relates to a triune nature of God). We stand in it by trusting in his work. Salvation is a gift freely given not earned. We work from salvation not toward it. Our part is that we are commissioned to preach it and to make disciples after the pattern of Yeshua’s life.

2 Cor. 11:3-4 "But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted-- you may well put up with it. (you will have to endure it, or you wear it beautifully, and some do)."

another Jesus - (allos) is a primary word; "else," different (in many applications) The name is the same, its the name Jesus from the Bible but it is not the Jesus of the Bible. He is different one, with some similarities on the surface level.

A different Spirit -(heteros)-to number as opposed to some former person or thing the other of two; referring to quality: that is, one that is not of the same nature, form, class, or kind, to be different.

Another Gospel (heteros) of uncertain affinity; different: altered, strange. It is not the same one Paul preached, it has a qualitative difference.
Alterations of the Christian message have always been with us but not since the beginning of the church have they become so rampant and outrageous. Some of the cults would blush at what is now being said from Christian pulpits.

Paul warns Gal 1:6-9: "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Another gospel; the same sort"; heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort. "Paul speaks of "a different good (heteros), which is not another" in contrast to any other Gospel which there is none (allos, another like the one he preached),

Angels were always involved in revelation to mankind. Paul under prophetic inspiration warns the believers then and us now of receiving new understanding from a spiritual source that would alter what was first delivered to them. Today so much gets blamed on the Holy Spirit with teachers speaking impromptu from the pulpits.
To be perverted means to twist a thing around, they destroyed it by having additions to grace, distorting the nature of the person and the work of Christ.

To anathematize someone is to label them a false teacher. If someone teaches another gospel that affects who Christ is or how one relates to him , or distorts grace by subtracting or adding any work it becomes another Gospel.They are to be cut off, cast away. anathema- a thing devoted to God without hope of being redeemed, in the O T. if it was an animal it was to be slain; in the N.T. it is the person Yeshua that is slain for the sins of the world.

Titus 1:14 " not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth." Even in their day there were fables circulating from those who did not yield to the truth. Its been almost 2,000 years and not much has changed.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot he did pray with those who wanted to be saved. He didn't just send them on their way with out praying with them.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

thank you. We had a lovely service at Church Sunday. We had a lot of visitors and our Pastor made a point of preaching on salvation. At the end of the Service he gave out gift bags with Bibles, the plan of salvation and a Video on how to be a Christian to anyone who wanted one.
I thought it was a great way of sharing the Gospel to those who only attend Church on Easter Sunday.
After Church hubby, my son, and I went out to eat for lunch.
My kid are grown so we don't do Easter Baskets or dye eggs anymore.
My daughter made ressurection cookies and shared the story of Easter with her children back in Houston.
I thought it was a lovely way to teach children about the truth of Easter.
betty

--------------------

Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Betty....

It truly was a glorious day yesterday for us!
Some may try and debunk it by saying that Easter is pagan in nature.....but we know the truth.

"Why do you seek the living among the dead?" the angel asked....."He is not here....HE IS RISEN!!"

Praise God!! Without the resurrection, we would still be dead in our sins.

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister TEXASGRANDMA, even more important than having a blessed EASTER DAY is to have a blessed RESURRECTION DAY, don't you think? I thank God for the opporunity a couple of times today that it was RESURRECTION DAY instead of EASTER DAY. So may I say, happy resurrectin day, sister TEXASGRANDMA and family! Eden
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Mar 8:27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?
Mar 8:28 And they answered, John the Baptist: but some [say], Elias; and others, One of the prophets.
Mar 8:29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.
Mar 8:3
-----------------

It was important to Jesus who the Apostles said He was. Jesus knew that some of the people who followed Him would turn on Him, when they found out that Jesus was not going to over throw Rome and set up His Kingdom on earth in their days.
So today as you celeberate Easter, let us not come caught up in what some do or don't do on Easter.
Let us celeberate what this day means. If Jesus has not risen from the dead we would be dead in our sins.

I am dressed and waiting for the family to finish getting dressed for morning Church. I just wanted to remind us not to be concerend about what the world does with Easter. FThere will be those who do not care what this day means but, we know that this day is the foundation of our faith. Let us make it a day of thanksgiving to God for what He did for us.
God bless and keep each of you.
betty

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement