Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What is the Bible good for and can you prove it??

Author Topic: What is the Bible good for and can you prove it??
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Uncle Bubba. You said:

“Why all the passion about the Bible?

“I'm really sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm just learning myself, if my mom was here I'd ask her, but she's away in Chicago... (besides, I'd like to suprize her that I did some research on my own but have no clue as to where to begin??)

“but remember I barely made it out of High School...”

Eden here:

If the King James English is too much for you, trying reading, if you can read, the Living Word version of the New Testament.

What’s all the fuzz about the New Testament (NT)?

After reading the New Testament, I came to believe that Jesus was indeed the Son of God of Israel, the Crreator of the heavens and the earth. A reader has to decide whether the miracles of Jesus in the NT are nonsense, or really happened. Over time, one begins to believe that Jesus really did those miracles…hence, that there IS a LIVING GOD YHWH of Israel, who has a LIVING SON JESUS.

After reading the NT a number of times, that’s what I came to believe. And remember, Uncle Bubba, I am a white honkey from Europe with a COLLEGE education, and yet I believe in the NT.

May the God of Israel who is the Creator of heaven and earth, King of the Universe, not depictable by hands or human scuplture, bless you, Uncle Bubba. in your reading of the NT.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozmum
Member # 6353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozmum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible will make you smart .
It is good for knowing God and truth .No question about that .

I have used it as the centre of our homeschool program.
My girls were accepted into the university at 15.
Read about our homeschool program in The Narrow Way at http://www.homechurchresources.com
Just go to newsletters or click homeschool on the home page.

Start of by reading it everyday.It will change you and your life.
It will give you a better day everytime .
It will give insights in the questions of life and human behaviour .It will speak to your heart like nothing else.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the only book that has the answers to the biggest problem of all time. DEATH.... 100% of all people die, but Jesus Christ rose from the grave and give His lifes blood so we could live forever with Him for eterinity.

Hebrews 4:12 says: “For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” While the Bible was written by more than 40 authors over a period of more than 1500 years, its accuracy and relevance for today remain unchanged. The Bible is the sole objective source of all the revelation God has given us about Himself and His plan for humanity.

The Bible contains a great deal of information about the natural world that has been confirmed by scientific observations and research. Some of these passages include Leviticus 17:11, Ecclesiastes 1:6-7, Job 36:27-29, Psalm 102:25-27 and Colossians 1:16-17. As the Bible’s story of God’s redemptive plan for humanity unfolds, many different characters are vividly described. In doing so, the Bible provides a great deal of information about human behavior and tendencies. Our own day-to-day experience shows us that this information is more accurate and descriptive of the human condition than any psychology textbook. Many historical facts recorded in the Bible have been confirmed by extra-biblical sources. Often, historical research shows a great deal of agreement between biblical accounts and extra-biblical accounts of the same events. In many cases, the Bible has been deemed to be more historically accurate.

However, the Bible is neither a history book, a psychology text, nor a scientific journal. The Bible is the description God gave us about who He is, and what His desires and plans for humanity are. The most significant component of this revelation is the story of our separation from God by sin, and God’s provision for restoration of fellowship through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross. Our need for redemption does not change. Neither does God’s desire to reconcile us to Himself.

Bible contains a great deal of accurate and relevant information. The Bible’s most important message – redemption - is universally and perpetually applicable to humanity. God’s Word will never be outdated, superseded, or improved upon. Cultures change, laws change, generations come and go – but the Word of God is as relevant today as it was when it was first written. Not all of Scripture necessarily applies explicitly to us today, but all Scriptures contain truth that we can, and should, apply to our lives today.

www.gotquestions.org

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why all the passion about the Bible?

I'm really sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm just learning myself, if my mom was here I'd ask her, but she's away in Chicago... (besides, I'd like to suprize her that I did some research on my own but have no clue as to where to begin??)

but remember I barely made it out of High School...

[1zhelp]

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Posts: 21 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement