Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » In the name of Jesus?

Author Topic: In the name of Jesus?
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parousia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonlesol:
Genesis 1:26
"And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every crepping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

And when God was finished making Adam..How many Adam was there...one or three?

Matthew 19:4-And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that {he} which made them at the beginning made them male and female

Posts: 68 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every crepping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parousia,

Just to clarify, I just talked to my daughter who is United Pentecostal. Her Church does believe the Bible was written for us today. She also believes that the book of Revelation is about the future. So I don’t know what Church you go to, but except for the Jesus only, you and her do not share the same beliefs.
betty

I am listening right now to a study on the 7 Churches. The letters were written not only to the 7 Churches of John's day but to all the Churches during the Church age. The Church age will end at the moment of the rapture. At that point, God will turn His focus from the gentiles to the Jews. The time of the gentiles will be over.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe we are one with three parts.
betty

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We are made in the image of God and we ourselves are a trinity: body, soul, and mind.

I agree that man is a three part creation;
but man is triune= one with three parts;
not a trinity= three distinct persons.

The three parts are spirit, soul and body.
The mind is part of the sub-triune soul,
the mind will and emotiions.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

be blessed in Jesus
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

My daughter who was raised in the Assembly of God Church, which believes in the Trinity joined the Onesness Church when she got married. As I told her, God is three persons in one God. Even in the book of Genesis God describes Himself as plural.
"And God said, Let us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every crepping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

When Jesus was on earth, He prayed to the Father in Heaven. He told the discples that He had to return to Heaven in order to send the Holy Spirit back to earth to dwell in our hearts.
We are made in the image of God and we ourselves are a trinity: body, soul, and mind.
As to why the apostles baptized in the name of Jesus only, I don't know. But if I had to choose doing it the apostle's way or the way Jesus said to do, I choose Jesus' way.
betty

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Is H2O mentioned in either of these verses,
or any of the verses near them?

From the text, it seems to me,
the "name" is the element we are to be baptized with,
since H2O isn't mentioned.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parousia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
There is no better words then the words of Jesus.
so I am a happy camper.
betty

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Jesus' words are good enough for me.

Amen I could not agree more..Jesus even prayed for those who would believe on him through the words of the Apostles..in other words..the Apostles will tell us how to be saved..

I also believe Jesus gave the command to go and baptize in his name and his disciples obeyed..only thing I noticed though..they never repeated his words over a new convert..

Posts: 68 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

There is no better words then the words of Jesus.
so I am a happy camper.
betty

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Jesus' words are good enough for me.

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
so you are saying I wasn't baptized?
betty

No..I believe you were baptized..but you just had the words of Jesus repeated over you..
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

so you are saying I wasn't baptized?
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
It sounds like you are a member of the Church that believes in Jesus only. I was batized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
betty

Actually you were submerged under water and someone repeated the words of Jesus over you..
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

that is not what i meant. There is a Church that believes if you are not baptized in Jesus only then you are not saved. I believe in the Trinity
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
It sounds like you are a member of the Church that believes in Jesus only. I was batized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
betty

Jesus only?..oh my if I didnt believe in Jesus only I would be in trouble for my sins.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by David:
But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than men. The God of our ancestors brought Jesus back to life again after you had killed him by hanging him on a cross. Then, with mighty power, God exalted him to be a Prince and Savior, so that the people of Israel would have an opportunity for repentance, and for their sins to be forgiven. And we are witnesses of these things and so is the Holy Spirit, who is given by God to all who obey him.” At this, the Council was furious and decided to kill them. - Acts 5:28-33 (TLB)

So what are we going to do today when we are told not to pray in the name of Jesus. Not to mention the name of Jesus in public! If we are true believers we will continue just like Peter, Paul, etc... did and tell the world about Jesus. We shall pray like Daniel did even if we are told not to. That is what a true born-again believer will do. If your saved take a stand and like our Pastor say last week, if arrested just start a new prison ministry like Paul did.

Jesus died for us, we are to take a stand for Him. No doubt this is the right thing to do. No doubt if you are truely saved you will WANT TO!

Plow on, plow on...
David

Imagine those who believe water baptism in Jesus name go through
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More info:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54535

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what our Pastor preached last Sunday about Hate Crimes:

http://heargoodnews.org/mp3/Vic-Young/Hate-Crimes.m3u

It is very true, but a lot of people will not like it. But I totally agree with him (Dr. Vic Young).

Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On BBCNews on the Internet I saw where Elton John suggested to the world through the media that he wished that ALL ORGANIZED RELIGION BE BANNED because of its homophobia, etc.

It would not surprise me if the day came where we Protestant-type Christians have to start operating in great secrecy again.

And the "Darwinists" will use the same tactics against the bornagain-type Christians the way the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) did it to the NON-RRC BELIEVERS like the John Hussites and Zwinglis and Martyn Lutherans and made an order that ANYONE WHO AIDED THEM and HELPED them would themselves be outcast. It was a terrible thing to live in society after having been excommunicated by the RCC.

The day may indeed come where the logic will be why the church of the Lord Jesus must shut down is because it is BIGOTTED and NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT anymore, and hene it has NO PLACE IN OUR SOCIETY. And since those Christians won't stop preaching THEIR GARBAGE on their own, we must make an ORDINANCE to stop it.

On the other hand, Elton John is openly gay and he is speaking from that point of view toward organized religion.

But MOST DARWINISTS are NOT gay and will presumably have to find OTHER REASONS for wanting to muzzle organized religion. I do know that there are Darwinists who think that organized religion is A HINDRANCE TO SCIENTIFIC PROGRESS and that for that reason the Christians and Moslems and Hindus ALL need to STOP THAT ORGANIZED RELIGION STUFF, BUT WE WILL START WITH CHRISTIANS, SINCE THEY ARE CLOSE AT HAND TO START WITH IN THE WEST.

Be blessed, David,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than men. The God of our ancestors brought Jesus back to life again after you had killed him by hanging him on a cross. Then, with mighty power, God exalted him to be a Prince and Savior, so that the people of Israel would have an opportunity for repentance, and for their sins to be forgiven. And we are witnesses of these things and so is the Holy Spirit, who is given by God to all who obey him.” At this, the Council was furious and decided to kill them. - Acts 5:28-33 (TLB)

So what are we going to do today when we are told not to pray in the name of Jesus. Not to mention the name of Jesus in public! If we are true believers we will continue just like Peter, Paul, etc... did and tell the world about Jesus. We shall pray like Daniel did even if we are told not to. That is what a true born-again believer will do. If your saved take a stand and like our Pastor say last week, if arrested just start a new prison ministry like Paul did.

Jesus died for us, we are to take a stand for Him. No doubt this is the right thing to do. No doubt if you are truely saved you will WANT TO!

Plow on, plow on...
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement