Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » what's "The Doctrine of Perseverance"?

Author Topic: what's "The Doctrine of Perseverance"?
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3] Same here brother, i love you and yours (you are the closeist frirnd i have) [Kiss] , call me if you can or private email me your nrw phone and i will call you (we have unlimited calling. give me best time [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 8 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i sure love you Bro Dale.. [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good post tim...

the one point where calvanist and arminian agree is enduring to the end, ...

if the person claiming salvation doesn't endure to the end they were....

never were saved as the calvanist would say, they just had mental assent....

or they

might have been saved and fell from Grace, never repenting and returning to the Faith as the arminian would say...

either way eternity is a long time
[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BigHead:
Whether a person is saved forever if God saved him once?

Philippians 1:6 is probably the most well know verse to support the doctrine.

Php 1:6
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

However, I personally contend that many who think they are saved are probably not, so the ones that fall away were never saved to begin with.

There is another thread here about Paul Washer, who is probably the best preacher I have heard on this subject. I.e. Biblical assurance and how the bible teaches us to test ourselves to see if we are in the faith. Simply praying the sinners prayer is not going to save you; just thinking you have faith is not the same as actually having saving faith. I would recommend listening to a few of Paul Washers sermons.

2 Co 13:5
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.

Some of the “tests” are outlined in 1John

Here is the link for Paul Washers ministry MP3 sermons – I would start with the series on biblical assurance.

http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=38&Itemid=85

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know [these things] before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

this does make one think that you can be led astray.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigHead
Community Member
Member # 6143

Icon 17 posted      Profile for BigHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whether a person is saved forever if God saved him once?

--------------------
Hi, I'm Big head

Posts: 15 | From: Asia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement