Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Seeking God's Kingdom First

Author Topic: Seeking God's Kingdom First
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey J4,

many people have given you good advise, take it to heart, let Yahweh direct your path.

but don't be deceived Yahweh is not mocked!

Seeking Yahweh's Kingdom First

First only has one meaning, many uses but one meaning. before anything else, order of sequence, 1st in line, our team is in first place, the 1st thing you do before anything else...

thus Yeshua said seek the Kingdom first, before anything else

in the world you have people that seek lost treasures, they don't just go blindly and seek they search out clues, ship manifest and such things....

Yahweh has preserved His Word for all that will take the time to search for the treasure (the Kingdom of Yahweh) within its pages. The Kingdom starts in this life and find complete fulfillment at death or at the end of the age.

Many play games with Yahweh, but will suffer the consequences of playing the fool.

Yahweh will not hide from the person that is truly
seeking the Kingdom of Yahweh with all their heart. Putting Yahweh first in all thing.

Anyone who isn't putting Yahweh first in all things are deceiving themselves and one day be greatly disappointed.

I exhort you with the Apostle Paul, examine yourself see if you are really in the true faith.

i love you
dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
no he's not.

i'm getting more ungodly everyday.

no heart of repentence still after all this time.

Jesus is not reigning in your heart J4Jesus because you are not letting Jesus in yet, you won't repent because you still don't find any good enough reason to do so...

The day that you will loose the most important thing that you are holding on tight on this earth, then you will really see, understand and repent...the only problem is that it could be too late for you if you wait longer, only God knows these things...don't wait too long, it isn't worth it...think about it...

I have lost my daughter through divorce, and believe me, I have really started to change my ways since then. No more long faces and being mad all the time at everything that breaths...I thought that I did change in 2004, but I wasn't being honest with myself or with God!...

Be blessed... [Bible]

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no he's not.

i'm getting more ungodly everyday.

no heart of repentence still after all this time.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parousia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 3:1-2-In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2. And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 4:17- From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

4:23-And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Matt 6:33-But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 7:21-Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 8:11-12-And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 9:35-And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Matthew 10:5-7-5. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 12:28-But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Matthew 16:18-19-18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 16:28- Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Either the disciples saw this happen or somewhere in this world we have 2000 year old disciples living and breathing

Matthew 24:14- And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

This is fulfilled!!!..see Col 1:6,23..

John 18:36- Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Jesus said its not of this world..it is spiritual!..IS Jesus reigning in your heart today?

Posts: 68 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 16 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not wanting something we think we should want is normal. I don't think we even typically want God at all; it is the Spirit of God that puts any sort of desire for God in us.
Every day we start over....we have never arrived....and it is normal to go through periods - years often - of extreme dryness...not feeling the presence of God at all. Not finding any solace in anything of the world either. This does not mean one has 'backslid'....the criteria for that are more along the lines of how we are living. If we used to be promiscuous, then were not, and then are again, there are issues...for example.

Each of us must ask for the desire to seek God, since we are all weak. Wanting to want to seek God seems a good sign. Better than not caring at all about God, at any rate.

Turning one's life over to God does not mean there will be from that point on happiness and no difficulties....often if means the cross and great unhappiness. Eventually there will come a peace, but again, we can't will it.

Cling to Christ Jesus. Talk to Him all during the day about everything that bothers you. Just tell him and ask for help constantly. Doing so is asking for a good thing - and God promises that He is the good father...

DM

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frater_nothing
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
it's been three years man, three TERRIBLE years since being born again.

and i know what you're saying.

i don't know what God is doing. i know i can't Seek The Kingdom until i want to and i still don't want to.

i mean i've told him why i am the way i am which He already knows. i've told God that He has to give it to me.

but the Creator still hasn't listened to His servant Joshua.

J4, would you please explain to me exactly how it was that you were "Born again"?
frater_nothing
unregistered

Eden here:

quote:
The first Xristians were NOT transported into heaven itself (except Paul made it to the 3rd heaven, it appears), but they were all still on earth.
The first Xristians WERE transported into heaven itself, including Paul.

They were also still physically on earth. In fact, Xristians are to walk into Heaven while still on earth.

God has opened the door. He has said, come to the wedding feast. He has said, Take of the waters of life freely.

Heaven is wide open right now for any baptized believer to enter anytime he/she wishes.

"The gates are not shut night nor day... And the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it."

quote:
And yes, while their hearts and minds were transported back and forth to God and Jesus while on earth, they were also living what the Bible calls “the abundant life” on earthp; thanks to God’s help, they were living this abundant life on earth.
They were living the abundant life because they had been raised up to Heavenly Places to sit with Xristos.

Their earthly existance mainly consisted of hunger, thirst, persecution, prison, and execution.

quote:
It was more like “heaven on earth” for now. Isn’t that what it really is? By gloriously meditating on God and on Jesus and listening to the Holy Spirit, we are living the abudant life, almost like “heaven on earth”.
No. It was more like "heaven on heaven"

If you do not believe me then you do not yet comprehend the Epistle of Colossians, nor the Revelation, nor the full meaning and purpose of the Evangelia, nor the power of God.

quote:
Be blessed, frater_nothing
Love, Eden

Be blesse, Eden.

Love, Frater

J4Jesus
unregistered

hello.

Eden what do you mean?

I thought I already explained everything.

Yes of course I know what I SHOULD do but once again, I don't have the desire to do it.

I have NO CLUE what God is waiting for. He was supposed to give me that desire 3 years ago.

So I'm still waiting for it.

I guess I got get all broken up before things change.

artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

To seek first the kingdom of God,Is to make the interests of Christ your interest.

It is putting " First" the very things that are important to God.

The unconverted are not seeking such,Therefore it is up to the believer to do so.

Then,in return,Receive God's benefits.

It is to put the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness," First."

The Lords work must be first. Then," All these things shall be added unto you "( Blessings )

Art

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonlesol:
wparr...I am not looking for pity...my point is that whatever struggles one may have in life, following Jesus' teaching will only make things better in the long run if we put our faith in Him...

We no longer fight, and I am no longer miserable...I am not saying that divorce is the answer, because it sure doesn't solve problems, they will always follow you as you go on in life if you don't work on them...I always told my husband that I would never ask for a divorce, I always wanted us to work on our relationship, it should be a two way thing...he told me a few months before this happened that he is not sure if he still loves me or not...but I think that it has been going on for much longer than a few months...

Now, I would rather live by myself although it wasn't my choice to begin with, than being married with someone that doesn't love me. No one can force them to love you, I have learned that the hard way...I know how selfish this may sound but it isn't a good example to show our daughter...

Someone said in another thread:

quote:
The Bible says its not a good idea to become unequally yoked.
How true is that!...we unfortunately became unequally yoked the day I accepted Jesus as my personal Saviour, our problems got worse that very same week...I will say it again, I am far from perfect, and I still make mistakes (still a sinner and always will be as long as I live on this earth)...maybe I didn't make enough efforts in our marriage but at least, I know I have tried...I guess it just wasn't good enough...
I'm sorry I gave you that impression.

I was just responding to your testimony and sending a sister hugs and kisses for encouragement to keep the course.

Just didn't want to add words to the wonderful things you said.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, J4Jesus. You said:

i don't know what God is doing. i know i can't Seek The Kingdom until i want to and i still don't want to.

i mean i've told him why i am the way i am which He already knows.

i've told God that He has to give it to me.

Eden here:

Regarding the bolded part, Joshua (J4Jesus), in this part you are being wrong.

God has ALREADY TOLD YOU what He wants you to do as His adopted son, which is TO READ THE WORD OF GOD (the Bible) or HEAR the Word of God on CD, and to PRAY and to LISTEN to the Holy Spirit.

my dear friend: God is NOT GOING TO TELL ANYONE ANYTHING ELSE. That it. God says, If you want to know about Me and how to be an adopted son and daughter of God, then those 3 thinsg you need to do. They will teach you about Who I am and How I am, What I am, and What My purpose is with the earth.

FLAT OUT: If you do none of these things, you are NOT HIS SERVANT, Joshua.

Now, Joshua (J4Jesus) you CAN pray and ask God about this. This is how I prayed. After reading about the two disciples after Jesus’s crucifixion going to Emmaus and Jesus drew near to them, but they did not know it was Him?

Remember what they said, how “their hearts burned inside of them” because Jesus EXPLAINED TO THEM BEGINNING WITH MOSES:

Luke 24
21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

25 Then he said to them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

J4Jesus, THIS THEN BECAME MY PRAYER: Lord, whatever You told them, tell it to me..

And over time, God ANSWERED that prayer by putting in me the DESIRE to read His word and everything else. God will help you, BUT even now He has already told you what you need to do: READ/HEAR the Word, Pray, and Listen to the Holy Spirit. When you DO all these three together, you will experience, Lord, whatever You told them, tell it to me..

You have wasted 3 years already, “waiting”. You can pray God to show you what Jesus told them, but God is NOT going to sit YOU down on a rock somewhere and personally show up, or send Gabriel, and teach you everything you need to know to be a sweet and helpful son of God. Hello, do those 3 things and all will be well; you will experience the abundant life on earth.

Be blessed, J4Jesus
Love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Hi, frater-_nothing. BTW, I smiled about your cyberhandle. You said, among other things:

“The first Xristians had their consciousness expanded to the point of viewing themselves as not even 'dwelling on earth' any more. They had been raised in their spirit, consciousness, and reality INTO HEAVEN ITSELF!”

Eden here:

The first Xristians were NOT transported into heaven itself (except Paul made it to the 3rd heaven, it appears), but they were all still on earth.

And yes, while their hearts and minds were transported back and forth to God and Jesus while on earth, they were also living what the Bible calls “the abundant life” on earthp; thanks to God’s help, they were living this abundant life on earth.

Rather than say of these first Xristians that “The first Xristians had their consciousness expanded to the point of viewing themselves as not even 'dwelling on earth' any more. They had been raised in their spirit, consciousness, and reality INTO HEAVEN ITSELF!”

It was more like “heaven on earth” for now. Isn’t that what it really is? By gloriously meditating on God and on Jesus and listening to the Holy Spirit, we are living the abudant life, almost like “heaven on earth”.

Be blessed, frater_nothing
Love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Hi, J4Jesus. You said:

What did He mean by "seek first the kingdom of heaven and all these things shall be added unto you?"

What does it mean by Seek the Kingdom of Heaven? What do you do?

Does it mean resist sin? Does it mean study the bible? What is it?"

Eden here:

What a great question. I was just thinking of posting that same question, “seek you first the kingdom of God and all things shall be added onto you” as a Topic, and here I suddenly see that you have done just that. Amazing.

This is how I currently see it.

God is looking down from heaven ALL THE TIME to see what we are up to. He looks at all the sinners and He looks at what all His Christian sons and daughters are up to.

When God sees me in my home reading the Word, God takes note of it. When God hears me only play Christian music in my home, God takes note of it. When I’m reading Christian-related books, God takes note of it.

IF I (but I don’t) but, IF I were to go to a movie produced by the devil’s crowd, say “300”, God takes note of it.

When God sees that I want to learn to be a goodly son or daughter of God, then God considers that “seeking the kingdom of God first”, and then God blesses this Christian son or daughter with “abundant life blessings”, with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Take this for instance as an example. I was at the thriftstore and saw a cordless phone I liked. But I searched for how to turn the ringer off, because I turn the ringer off at night so I can sleep good, and turn the ringer on when I wake up.

But I couldn’t find where to do it. So God who had been taking note of what I have been doing sends over a woman who SO HAPPENS to have THE SAME PHONE in her home and she explains to me that the ringer is turned off digitally inside one of the menus.

Hello-o-o…if God had not sent that woman over, I would not have bought the phone, and what are the chances of that woman having THE SAME PHONE in her home?

God has taken note that I have sought after Him through the Word and through prayer and through Christian music, and by abandoning interest in the "300" movie, and then “THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED ONTO ME,” as God said.

That's what I think it means, J4Jesus.

Be blessed, you are one of my FAB FAVORITE TOPIC STARTERS.

Love, Eden

lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wparr...I am not looking for pity...my point is that whatever struggles one may have in life, following Jesus' teaching will only make things better in the long run if we put our faith in Him...

We no longer fight, and I am no longer miserable...I am not saying that divorce is the answer, because it sure doesn't solve problems, they will always follow you as you go on in life if you don't work on them...I always told my husband that I would never ask for a divorce, I always wanted us to work on our relationship, it should be a two way thing...he told me a few months before this happened that he is not sure if he still loves me or not...but I think that it has been going on for much longer than a few months...

Now, I would rather live by myself although it wasn't my choice to begin with, than being married with someone that doesn't love me. No one can force them to love you, I have learned that the hard way...I know how selfish this may sound but it isn't a good example to show our daughter...

Someone said in another thread:

quote:
The Bible says its not a good idea to become unequally yoked.
How true is that!...we unfortunately became unequally yoked the day I accepted Jesus as my personal Saviour, our problems got worse that very same week...I will say it again, I am far from perfect, and I still make mistakes (still a sinner and always will be as long as I live on this earth)...maybe I didn't make enough efforts in our marriage but at least, I know I have tried...I guess it just wasn't good enough...
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonlesol:
J4Jesus...

When my husband left on Father's Day of last year, my daughter asked me a strange question...

Her question was, ''Mom, do you intend to keep on reading the Bible?''....coming from my 14 year old daughter at the time, I was shocked to hear her ask such a question, for this was not her style at all...to me, it felt like the devil had taken over her mind to make her talk this way...

Without hesitation, I said, ''Of course I will, why shouldn't I? There is nothing wrong with that''...

She then turned around and continued on packing her suitcase as my husband was waiting for her to finish and then they left together...she told me a few weeks later that she never asked me such a question...but it sure wasn't my imagination, this really came out from her mouth!...

Yes, I was scared that she would leave if I gave her that answer, but I couldn't force her to stay...

From then on, it felt like my life had fallen apart...I had lost both my husband and my child...she hasn't come back yet and it has been over seven months now. I only saw her a few brief moments and it wasn't that great...she told me that she will come back to visit me once I am healed...but healed from what in her mind?...from reading the Bible and wanting to follow Jesus' footsteps?!...She knows that I went to the hospital for three weeks and she was told by my husband and that I now take anti-depressive pills for prevention from falling deeper into depression but that doesn't mean that I can no longer fonction, I take that medication because they broke my heart, it was a complete shock to me!...But I even found a great job five months ago as a caretaker in a home for elderly people...I love working there!...

When my husband and daughter were still living with me in our house, I could not smile and be joyful, they were both, especially my husband, continually pulling me down with their sarcastic comments all the time...I no longer fear speaking about Jesus now...the elderly people where I work know this as they see and hear me every day...

I know too well of the verses:

21"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.''...Matthew 10:21,22,23

I am not the one that flew away, I still live in the same house, they are the ones that left and I am the one waiting for their come back...I did not force them to leave and I did not force them to stay, it was their choice, as they both clearly said...

I want God's Kingdom more than anything...I knew that I was taking a big risk, that if I wanted it enough, that my marriage would not last much longer, but I know that the decision I took for myself was for the best, I am now saved...I have been born-again for three years now, and it costed me my marriage...my husband does not understand why I want it so much, he prefered to leave and continue on living in sin...and he is dragging my daughter along with him...I tried to explain this to them, but they would not listen to me...all I can do for them is pray...and I will no longer live in sin myself, although I am far from perfect...

J4Jesus, why don't you want to seek the Kingdom of God?...what do you have to loose?...Don't you want a better life by living in God's Kingdom?...things might go much better with you father as he sees the changes in you but you do have to make some efforts yourself, with the help of the Holy Spirit... [Prayer]

[crying] [Kiss] [hug]
Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

J4Jesus...

When my husband left on Father's Day of last year, my daughter asked me a strange question...

Her question was, ''Mom, do you intend to keep on reading the Bible?''....coming from my 14 year old daughter at the time, I was shocked to hear her ask such a question, for this was not her style at all...to me, it felt like the devil had taken over her mind to make her talk this way...

Without hesitation, I said, ''Of course I will, why shouldn't I? There is nothing wrong with that''...

She then turned around and continued on packing her suitcase as my husband was waiting for her to finish and then they left together...she told me a few weeks later that she never asked me such a question...but it sure wasn't my imagination, this really came out from her mouth!...

Yes, I was scared that she would leave if I gave her that answer, but I couldn't force her to stay...

From then on, it felt like my life had fallen apart...I had lost both my husband and my child...she hasn't come back yet and it has been over seven months now. I only saw her a few brief moments and it wasn't that great...she told me that she will come back to visit me once I am healed...but healed from what in her mind?...from reading the Bible and wanting to follow Jesus' footsteps?!...She knows that I went to the hospital for three weeks and she was told by my husband and that I now take anti-depressive pills for prevention from falling deeper into depression but that doesn't mean that I can no longer fonction, I take that medication because they broke my heart, it was a complete shock to me!...But I even found a great job five months ago as a caretaker in a home for elderly people...I love working there!...

When my husband and daughter were still living with me in our house, I could not smile and be joyful, they were both, especially my husband, continually pulling me down with their sarcastic comments all the time...I no longer fear speaking about Jesus now...the elderly people where I work know this as they see and hear me every day...

I know too well of the verses:

21"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.''...Matthew 10:21,22,23

I am not the one that flew away, I still live in the same house, they are the ones that left and I am the one waiting for their come back...I did not force them to leave and I did not force them to stay, it was their choice, as they both clearly said...

I want God's Kingdom more than anything...I knew that I was taking a big risk, that if I wanted it enough, that my marriage would not last much longer, but I know that the decision I took for myself was for the best, I am now saved...I have been born-again for three years now, and it costed me my marriage...my husband does not understand why I want it so much, he prefered to leave and continue on living in sin...and he is dragging my daughter along with him...I tried to explain this to them, but they would not listen to me...all I can do for them is pray...and I will no longer live in sin myself, although I am far from perfect...

J4Jesus, why don't you want to seek the Kingdom of God?...what do you have to loose?...Don't you want a better life by living in God's Kingdom?...things might go much better with you father as he sees the changes in you but you do have to make some efforts yourself, with the help of the Holy Spirit... [Prayer]

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:

there's some prophecy going out about this year for God's people, especially people like me.

This does NOT sound like something coming to YOU in dreams, but hearing/watching from others.

And with all you are telling us here with your struggling - do you expect us to believe that you are able to accurately DISCERN God's voice from your flesh - or other spirits?

J4Jesus
unregistered

haha, it's not TBN and Daystar

God tells me these things in my dreams.

keep praying.

thanks.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Then DO what I said.

And J4 - this year is NO different than last year.

God is working EVERY year

There are people struggling EVERY year

There are people getting free In Christ EVERY year

There are people dying and going to hell EVERY year

It's been the SAME since the giving of The Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

You may find breakthru THIS year, while someone else got it LAST year, and someone else will get it NEXT year.

Turn off TBN/Daystar and open God's Word INSTEAD.

Start praying for OTHERS.

J4Jesus
unregistered

please pray for me then.

there's some prophecy going out about this year for God's people, especially people like me.

some GOOD stuff. THIS year, I want it all to change. I've been in the desert man for too long now.

time to stop this for real.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Oh He IS listening brother.

He IS.

But the question is

Are YOU listening to Him?

You have to take your eyes OFF of YOURSELF.

As long as you are focused on YOU - God is hindered in working on you.

A suggestion my brother.

Go out and do some ministering to some less fortunate people.

Go help at a shelter or a nursing home.

Go find some shut in widows and do some house work/repairs for them.

Go get the focus off you YOU, serve some others, and watch what God starts doing in your heart.

You'll be AMAZED.

J4Jesus
unregistered

i mean i've told him why i am the way i am which He already knows. i've told God that He has to give it to me.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

To LONG for God's Kingdom.

To GREATLY desire it.

To want it MORE thang anything else.

To become so DESPERATE for it that you are willing to forsake WHAT EVER is in the way.

It starts small in your heart brother - and then build and BUILDS and BUILDS

Look at these verse J4

MMark 10:17-22
(17) As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
(18) And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
(19) "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"
(20) And he said to Him, "Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up."
(21) Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
(22) But at these words he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.

This man wasn't desperate enough.

He wanted the Kingdom in ADDITION to what he already had.

He didn't want it MORE than everything else.

How bad do you WANT the Kingdom brother?

Start crying out to God to give you a heart to "seek first His Kingdom"

Then He'll start telling you (like the man in the verses above) what you need to forsake.

Then, by FAITH,
OBEY Him

desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 10 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think to seek the kingdom of heaven means to focus on Jesus and co-operate with the transforming work of the Holy Spirit so that we walk on earth as did Jesus....to do the will of the Father, willing to sacrifice ourselves for our brethren....
It means to not be seduced by the trivial distractions of money, fame, fortune....best accomplished by spending some focused time each day in prayer.....just standing before God in silence with the mind in the heart, willing to hear, be molded, forgiven, loved, transformed.
It does mean to read scriture every day, I think. Reading scripture rather than watching dumb TV shows is food for us spiritually. If we eat junk food, we will be unhealthy.
I think it means humility...which is to say, "What do I have that I have not received? - Nothing" Even the desire to know God is grace.

It means to be opening to grow so that we ourselves are not the center of our universe - but instead God and God's love for others is more important to us than ourselves.

I don't think we can 'will' this to happen. It think God transforms us slowly with ongoing prayer, fasting (of all kinds), also our feeble attempts to treat others as Christ would have. He gave the Samaritans healing, water, kindness, and truth in love. Truth that only makes us feel right and the other wrong - instead of focusing on the love of Christ and how we are all sinners just turns others off. We need to so radiate the love of God that others ask....what is it with you....? I want what you have.
DM

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frater_nothing
unregistered

quote:
what did He mean by "seek first the kingdom of heaven and all these things shall be added unto you?"

what does it mean by Seek the Kingdom of Heaven? What do you do?

does it mean resist sin? does it mean study the bible? what is it?

Xristos meant just what he said, "Seek the Celestial Kingdom".

This is radically different from what is practiced by many churches today.

What does this call to the discple mean?

It is limited to EXACTLY what Xripstos said. Unlike most people, Xristos always meant EXACTLY and ONLY what he said.

If he wanted to say 'Resist Sin', he would have said 'Resist Sin', etc... but he didn't say that here.

This corresponds to what Paul stated, "If you have died with Xristos, keep seeking the things which are above, where Xristos is enthroned."

This is an example of how different the mind of modern Churchianity is from first century Xristianity.

The first Xristians had their consciousness expanded to the point of viewing themselves as not even 'dwelling on earth' any more. They had been raised in their spirit, consciousness, and reality INTO HEAVEN ITSELF!

If one follows the words of Xristos, and if one is seeking the kingdom of heaven, then how does one arrive?

Strange that people do not understand, for there was an entire book written so that the wise disciple would know how and what Xristos meant.

It is called the Revelation.

It is not simply a book of prophecy, it is, perhaps more importantly, a book of initiatoral pilgrimage.

Don't believe me? Then explain this: "And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come! And let him who is called say, Come! And let everyone who thirsts come and drink freely from the Waters of Life!"

Xristians a not supposed to be 'waiting' passively for the kingdom, but 'LOOKING to, and HASTENING the Day of the Lord."

THE DOOR HAS BEEN OPENED, O BLIND OF THE WORLD!

THE SPIRIT HAS CALLED US TO NEW JERUSALEM TO THE SIDES OF THE NORTH!

THE MOUNTAIN OF THE LORD's HOUSE HAS BEEN RAISED FAR BEYOND EVERY MOUNTAIN!

This is New Jerusalem in the Celestial Planes!

This is the Lady of Liberty, the Free Woman!

Behold, New Jerusalem the Mother of Us ALL!

Come! Come! Come! to the Kingdom of Heaven on High! Mark well her Bulwarks!

God is in the midst of her, she SHALL NOT BE MOVED!

Gaze upon her walls! Climb the ladder of Jacob! Walk upon the golden Stairway to Heaven!

Come out! COME OUT O MY PEOPLE that you share in none of Babylon's Sins!

The Lord is my Shepherd. And it is he who shall lead me to fountains of living water.

"And He spoke and said,

"Behold, the Temple of God is in Man, and he shall walk in them, and they shall be His People, and He shall be their God!"

Therefore it is written,

"God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved." And again it is written, "God dwells not in Temples made with hands."

And now for this reason we say,

"Grace and Peace to you, from the Seven Spirits before the Cathedra of God."

There are seven streams, seven spirits, a seven fold Morning Star, Hidden Manna, a White Stone, a Sceptre of Rectification.

These are for all those who overcome.

"Broad and easy is the gateway to destruction," said the Master, "Narrow and difficult is the gateway to life."

And consider the words of Augustine,

"I searched the world over for thee, O Lord, and lo, thou wert within me all the while."

Xristianity is not churchianity.

What Jesous Xristos accomplished was to exalt man and endow man with the Truth of the Highest most exalted means of esoteric and mystical spiritual initiation that man has ever known.

So great of our New Covenant, that it makes the former Covenant appear as if it had no glory.

OH HOW DECEIVED IS THE CHURCH IN THIS DAY!

WHAT IGNORANCE! THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE IN THE LAND!

WHERE! WHERE! WHERE! IS THE SPIRIT OF GLORY! WHERE IS THE POWER!

OH! CHURCH! ARISE! AWAKEN! AND XRISTOS SHALL SHINE FORTH UPON THEE AND GIVE THEE LIGHT AND FIRE FROM ABOVE!

And may this very thing be shouted from every side! from the four quarters of the earth, from every rooftop:

THE
KINGDOM
OF
XRISTOS
IS
NOT
OF
THIS
WORLD

THE
KINGDOM
OF
THIS
WORLD
HAS
BECOME
THE
KINGDOM
OF
OUR
GOD
AND
OF
HIS
ANNOINTED!

THERE IS NO KINGDOM ON THIS EARTH!

IT IS THE KINGDOM OF

HEAVEN

NOT THE KINGDOM OF

EARTH

Those who say that Xristos shall return to set up his Kingdom on earth are

LIARS

AND

FALSE PROPHETS!

Woe! Woe! Woe! to the false prophets, who bar men of from KINGDOM OF

HEAVEN!

They enter in not themselves, and those who try to enter they

HINDER!

THE KINGDOM IS NOW!

THE KINGDOM IS PRESENT!

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS

Within YOU!

7 channels
7 spirits
7 rivers
7 fold Morning Star!
7 lamps
7 Oils

2 eyes
+
1 mouth
+ 2 ears
+ two nostils

= 7 channels.

God is enthroned in the hollow place of YOUR HEAD! For it is written, "We have the Mind of Xristos."

This is where the Spirit the Dove Hovers upon us in the Unction!

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS WITHIN YOU!

We are

LIVING STONES

with Xristos the Chief Corner Stone, and we are being built into a Living Temple for a Living God!

There are Twelve Foundations made of Twelve Precious Gems!

Pray!

Meditate!

Visualize!

Understand!

Grow!

Be Illuminated!

Fan the Spirit to Flame!

Ask Our GOLD of Xristos for wealth! Ask of Him the BALM of Giliad for our Blindness! Ask of Him a Wedding GARMENTS of Fine White Linen for our nakedness!

Ask!

SEEK!

KNOCK!

FIND!

And if it is so, abiding and meditating, hungering, thirsting for rectification, then Xristos and ABBA Father shall come into us, and there they shall build their Place of Dwelling.

For then we shall be translated on earth into the

KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

and we shall enter into

Our MATROS,

NEW JERUSALEM the

LADY OF LIBERTY, the

MOTHER of us all.

Xristos said,

"If you abide in my LOGOS, and my LOGOS abides in you, then you shall know the TRUTH, and the TRUTH shall set you FREE!"

Xristos said,

"He who believes in me, from within him shall burst forth RIVERS OF LIVING WATER!"

Yet these things are only for believers born of water and Spirit. These things are for those baptized into Xristos, and endowed with the Holistic Aire of Deity.

Here in New Jerusalem, the Wind and the Waves are stilled with the

LOGOS of Xristos: Shalom! Be calm.

For He Himself is

Our Shiloah, and the Solomon above Solomon.

"Now unto him who is able to make you to stand before Him with Joy unspeakable..."

And on that day the spirit of Grace and the spirit of Glory will enter again, and all may joy, "ABBA! My Father! My Father!"

And he who strengthens Himself shall strengthen himself in the God of Truth -- AL-AMETH.

And men shall cry for him and seek his face. And they shall find it, when they seek it with their heart. And God from Heaven shall resound to them: "HERE I AM!"

"Ephraim has been a rebellious son. ..I shall heal their backslidings. I shall ransom them from the power of Sheol. Where, O Death is your sting? Where, O Grave is your Victory?"

12 are the Gates in Jerusalem Above,
3 by 4 are Faith, Hope, and Love
12 are the Angels guarding the gates
Against spirits Faithless, Hopeless, of Hate
12 are the Tribes in Jerusalem Above.
From four quarters they enter Faith, Hope, and Love

Through a Dark Mirror, we saw Jerusalem Above
But then Face to Face, Decendeth the Dove
Pilgrim seek the place of the One thou belove
There are three Gates in One, and the greatest is Love

It is written, "Then there was given to me a Reed, as a Measuring Rod, and one said, 'Arise! Measure the Temple of God, and the Altar, and those who worship therein."

It is written, "We have an Altar from which they have no right to eat, who serve the tabernacle. For the bodies of those beasts whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the High Priest for sin, were burnt outside the camp.

"Therefore, Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own Blood, suffered outside the Gate.

"Therefore, let us go forth to Him, outside the Gate, bearing His Reproach. For we have here no continuing city, but we seek the one to come."

J4Jesus
unregistered

what did He mean by "seek first the kingdom of heaven and all these things shall be added unto you?"

what does it mean by Seek the Kingdom of Heaven? What do you do?

does it mean resist sin? does it mean study the bible? what is it?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement