Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the test chosen predetermined how many sons and daughters God would get

Author Topic: the test chosen predetermined how many sons and daughters God would get
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is only one test that a person will pass on judgment day. Are you covered by the blood of Jesus? Only by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior of your life can your sins be covered by the blood of Jesus. It doesn't matter if you are a killer or almost perfect, if you are not covered by the blood of Jesus, you will fail the test. Yes we are saved through grace, but only if we accept the gift of Jesus. Every person must make their own personal decision. There are no grandkids in Heaven, only children of God. We cannot choose for others. They must choose themselves who they will serve. You cannot refuse to choose. Either you choose God, or you are choosing someone else.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once God declared that all were equally under sin, then it automatically became ALL grace.

However, God wanted sons and daughters, but God DOES NOT declare that ALL are now FORGIVEN and SAVED. The Bible makes clear that God has NOT chosen THAT method to deal with how to get sons and daughters when ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

If God DOES NOT want to save all by simply DECLARING them saved, then that only leaves the option that God must CHOOSE A TEST of some type by which at least SOME of these all have sinned become God's sons and daughters.

Once God declared all to be sinners, after that all became grace. Even the test was going to be ENTIRELY chosen by God, so the test is ALSO GRACE and none of man's doing.

So no matter WHAT test God chose to save Himself sons and daughters from these all sinners, God must have known that every test would have different results in terms of generating sons and daughters.

The test that God and Jesus chose, for Jesus to suffer and die on the cross, is a great test because it solves several other problems besides getting sons and daughters.

The death of a living personal Jesus on the cross is NOT century-specific and can be used in ANY century. It is not say, whether I like NASCAR for instance, because NASCAR is THIS century-specific and would not have been understood as a test in the Middle Ages. But this Jesus test can be used in ANY century.

This Jesus test also dealt with the Justice side of God's character, to pay for what the Just God had said, "the soul that sins, it shall die". By precious Jesus dying for us sinners, God's Justice side was entirely paid for, "it is finished (paid for)".

And, the loveliness of this Jesus test also guaranteed that this Jesus test would generate a LOT of sons and daugthers, some from every country in the world even.

So I think God and Jesus chose THIS test as THE BEST test of all, but God and Jesus must have known, and indeed knew, that this Jesus test would only generate a MINORITY of all sinners who could become sons and daughters through this test, who HAD THE DNA ABILITY to understand this test and save themselves: "He who has an ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit says".

I thank God for my family that I was able to believe this Jesus test through the family I was in.

Each METHOD that God chooses WILL HAVE DIFFERENT RESULTS in terms of WHO CAN GET SAVED BY THAT TEST.

But because God chose the test, it is ALL by grace who would get saved.

Be blessed,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a preacher the other day talk about how God is Holy and set apart from all things. God cannot abide anything that is not holy. The only way we can ever get into Heaven, is if we are covered by the precious blood of Jesus. Only His Holiness can cover our sins. People have said if God was a just God all would go to Heaven. But the truth is because He is a just God, no one can enter the gates of Heaven who has not been covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. God sent His Son to die for us, all we have to do is accept His Son as Lord and Savior of our lives. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be a Christian, only a humble willing heart. A young child can accept Jesus as their Savior. We as adults, are often so filled with self pride, that we refuse to accept the very gift that would save our own souls. People will go to hell not because God did not love us enough, but because mankind loved themselves more than they loved God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Eden....it's an awful lot to swallow, isn't it?
I know this seems like a cop-out but it remains true: We just don't know all the things of God. Like I said in your other post, it's not our job to analyze it....it's out job to trust what He says to be true by faith.

God is good no matter what...and we are sinful and are all worthy of hell. But thanks be to God by the blood of the Lamb...we have been saved from the pit of hell. We are now counted as righteous and only because of Jesus who has bridged the gap between God & man.

Don't sweat the small things.....just believe.

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since all people have been declared to be equally sinners, how then can God choose sons and daughters from among these equal sinners?

God can say, I forgive you all for what you’ve done and I give eternal life to all of you. And incidentally, why DIDN’T God just, do THAT, forgive everybody and give eternal life to everybody?

Now, God lives in heaven, right? And that is presumably a place, a palace site where God lives and, how many sons and daughters can the place hold?

Does God only want a certain amount of sons and daughters, or does God want the whole world for sons and daughters?

Now, God had knowingly said in Genesis and Ezekiel that “the soul that sins, it shall die”.

So all sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God, and so now God had the LEGAL obligation to stay true to His word, “the soul that sins, it shall die”, for otherwise God would not be true to His word and a liar.

Now, all have sinned and God wants sons and daughters. Clearly, judging from what I have read in the Bible, God is NOT going to say to all sinners, I forgive everybody and I give eternal life to everybody”.

So if God does not have in mind to give eternal life to everybody, then how can God get sons and daughters out of equal sinners?

God had to use a test mechanism to choose Himself sons and daughters. God and Jesus must have absolutely KNOWN how many sons and daughters the Jesus plan of doing miracles in Israel, of Jesus suffering and dying on the cross, being buried and of Jesus rising from the grave on the third day of death, and being seen by over 500 witnesses, God must have known exactly how many sons and daughters that test would generate, would He not?

And the beauty about this Jesus Plan is that Jesus was SO precious and beautiful that God considered the suffering and death of His Son as ADEQUATE payment for the death of ALL people, so that also remained true to His Word, “the soul that sins, it shall die”.

But God MUST have known that this Jesus Plan could have only generated just so many sons and daughters out of the equal sinners, and it pleased God and Jesus to use THIS Jesus test. It’s “whosoever will may come and be saved” but not all will be able to save themselves because of their “station in life” or the family they happen to have come from.

The test used determined how many sons and daughters God would have and God and Jesus KNEW that when the Jesus Plan was decided upon.

And if that was the case, since God and Jesus choose what the test would be, is it then all grace or is it also some of our choosing? A little bit of both for those who have an ear to hear?

With love to all, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement