Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Why People Are So Blind?

Author Topic: Why People Are So Blind?
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why People Are So Blind?

Because they choose to believe a lie rather than receive the Truth. 2 Thes 2:9

Don’t be deceived what ever what you plant, you will harvest.

If Yeshua was planted in your heart, Yeshua is what will be produced in your life if He is what was planted?

If you don’t understand this Parable Yeshua said. You will not understand any of my doctrine.

Are you dying to self? Yeshua did
Are you carrying your cross? Yeshua did
Are you loving your enemies? Yeshua did
Are you concerned for the lost? Yeshua was

Does the Gospel you believe look like Yeshua?

Does the Gospel you live look like Yeshua?

Are you really sure you understand the Gospel Yeshua taught?

The Apostle Paul didn’t preach another Gospel, he preached the same Gospel that his Lord and Master taught.

How shall you escape if you neglect so great a Salvation?

What is the subject being addressed?

Escape what?

http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID5115.wmv

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay! Got it! You are right in that not everyone who uses the name of Christ is believer.

Wow, just thought of something. Its almost like taking Christs name in vain isn't it?

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Europe Denounces Homophobic Countries

BRUSSELS, April 26, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In a disgraceful debate in the European Parliament (EP) yesterday, Members of the European Parliament from France, the Netherlands and Italy, among others, vilified Poland as "hateful" and "repulsive" for refusing to allow promotion of homosexuality in schools.

A vote was held today to approve an EP resolution chastising Poland for 'homophobia.' The resolution - adopted by 325 votes to 124, with 150 abstentions - calls for a fact-finding mission to be sent to Poland, for "worldwide de-criminalisation of homosexuality" and for the Commission to take Member States to court if they breach their EU obligations.

At issue was a proposed law in Poland which would forbid "homosexual propaganda" in schools. Explaining the legislation earlier this year, Roman Giertych, Poland's minister of education: "One must limit homosexual propaganda so that children won't have an improper view of family"

Beginning the debate in the EP France's MEP Rour Martine called statements in defense of the traditional family by Polish parliamentarians, "diatribes" and noted that they "must stop", adding that they were "repulsive" and "hateful". "These are not Europe's values," she proclaimed.

The statements from France were supported by Sophia in't Veld of the Netherlands who also accused the Polish government of "hatred" and demanded action rather than words from the EU governing body.

Italy's Giusto Catania joined in the attack on Poland adding an attack on the church as well which he said never stopped in expressing hatred toward homosexuals.

Some of the MEPs from Poland and Northern Ireland walked out of the debate as a protest, however those who remained gave a strong defence of their positions. Poland's Konrad Szymanski said that the debate was evidence that the "European Paliament can be led by the nose by a group of extremist politicians."

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Hey Drew, I really wasnt paying attention to the topic and just notice it is why people are so blind?

Guess now you will have to add blindness to my being a moron. Ha!

Waiting for you to pull those scales off my eyes brother.

Is there really such a thing as "Christian" murderers, thiefs, liars, adulterers, ectt..?

God bless you Sis;

I was using those terms "Christian _______", in reference to Gadzook's posting about Christian Homosexual:

"So why do we judge Christian homosexuals so harshly? We must celebrate all expressions of faith in Christ. We must not use the name of Jesus to judge, slander, or segregate."

Not everyone who uses the name of Christ is a Believer.

Matt. 25:
1: Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2: And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3: They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5: While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6: And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7: Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8: And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9: But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10: And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11: Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12: But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Drew, I really wasnt paying attention to the topic and just notice it is why people are so blind?

Guess now you will have to add blindness to my being a moron. Ha!

Waiting for you to pull those scales off my eyes brother.

Is there really such a thing as "Christian" murderers, thiefs, liars, adulterers, ectt..?

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Hey Brother Drew,

You know I love ya, but what do you mean by-

"Christian thief"
"Christian murderer" ect..?

Are you making the point that people who do such things are really NOT Christians?

Cause a "Christian thief" would seem to be an oxymoron if ya know what I mean.

Or am I a moron cause I'm a little confused over the post? Ha! Just kidding

Shalom

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

There is a little word called repentance which is not very popular with the universalists.

The Christian thief must turn from stealing.

The Christian murderer must turn from killing.

The Christian drunkard must turn from drinking.

The Christian fornicator must turn from illicit sex.

If they are truly saved then the Holy Spirit will begin to lead them out of such abominations.

They must be told that these are wrong. Sin MUST NOT be justified from the pulpits or advocacy of such by supposed "Christians".

The apostate liberal denominations seek to justify immorality. To justify such abominations as homosexual fornication/marriage, and the murder of the unborn.

Jesus died for all who will come, but those who deny Christ are already condemned to eternal Hell.

Any who teach that all are saved is a false teacher, for broad is the pathway of eternal destruction and few who follow Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
Originally posted by GadZooks:
We do not have the authority to judge. We do not have the authority to hate. We only have the authority to love.

Our calling is not to belittle others for what we feel they are doing wrong. When we call others blind, it is often because we are blind ourselves.

This same rule applies to homosexuality. We do not have to feel comfortable or approve of the choices of others. Love is not always easy. But we do have to love indiscriminately. We must not use the Bible as a weapon, rather as a tool which helps us to become better lovers of God and God's creations. Let me explain a little. We are freed from Mosaic law by Christ's sacrifice for us. We are made new. This is taught in detail in Galatians. So why do we judge Christian homosexuals so harshly? We must celebrate all expressions of faith in Christ. We must not use the name of Jesus to judge, slander, or segregate.

The same rule applies to me. I am blind. I judge. I suffer from sin.

On the bright side, I am having a wonderful year.

We in fact DO have the authority to judge, according to the Word of God.

Righteous judgement
2 Peter 2:
1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2: And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3: And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4: For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5: And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6: And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7: And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9: The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11: Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12: But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13: And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14: Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16: But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb *** speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17: These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18: For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19: While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20: For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21: For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22: But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

1 Cor. 5:
9: I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11: But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12: For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13: But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1 Cor. 2:
9: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10: But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11: For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13: Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15: But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16: For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2 Timothy 3:
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Main Entry: doc•trine
Pronunciation: 'däk-tr&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French, from Latin doctrina, from doctor
1 archaic : TEACHING, INSTRUCTION
2 a : something that is taught b : a principle or position or the body of principles in a branch of knowledge or system of belief : DOGMA c : a principle of law established through past decisions d : a statement of fundamental government policy especially in international relations

Main Entry: re•proof
Pronunciation: ri-'prüf
Etymology: Middle English reprof, from Middle French reprove, from Old French, from reprover
: criticism for a fault : REBUKE

Main Entry: 1re•buke
Pronunciation: ri-'byük
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): re•buked; re•buk•ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Old North French rebuker
1 a : to criticize sharply : REPRIMAND b : to serve as a rebuke to
2 : to turn back or keep down : CHECK
synonym see REPROVE
- re•buk•er noun

Main Entry: cor•rec•tion
Pronunciation: k&-'rek-sh&n
1 : the action or an instance of correcting : as a : AMENDMENT, RECTIFICATION b : REBUKE, PUNISHMENT c : a bringing into conformity with a standard d : NEUTRALIZATION, COUNTERACTION <correction of acidity>
2 : a decline in market price or business activity following and counteracting a rise
3 a : something substituted in place of what is wrong <marking corrections on the students' papers> b : a quantity applied by way of correcting (as for adjustment of an instrument)
4 : the treatment and rehabilitation of offenders through a program involving penal custody, parole, and probation; also : the administration of such treatment as a matter of public policy -- usually used in plural
- cor•rec•tion•al /-shn&l, -sh&-n&l/ adjective

Main Entry: righ•teous
Pronunciation: 'rI-ch&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: alter. of earlier rightuous, alteration of Middle English rightwise, rightwos, from Old English rihtwIs, from riht, noun, right + wIs wise
1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
2 a : morally right or justifiable <a righteous decision> b : arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality <righteous indignation>
3 slang : GENUINE, GOOD
synonym see MORAL
- righ•teous•ly adverb
- righ•teous•ness noun

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard for sinners to admit that they are sinners, and it is hard for sinners who have never seen God to believe there is a God and it is hard for sinners to believe that anyone, including Jesus, can raise from the dead. That is impossible, they say. And the Bible is only a book.

And modern people are so steeped in evolution and and geology and mutations and adaption and natural selection, that it is even harder for them now, that there can be a GOD IN ISRAEL, are you kidding ME!

So the Bible is correct that comparatively few will actually find God:

Matthew 7:14
Because tight is the gate, and narrow is the road, which leads to life, and few there be that find it.

Among all those things that are out there, it is hard to FIND the tight and narrow entrance that leads to life, and few there will be that actually find it, like finding a treasure IN A FIELD.

Luke 10:20
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Luke 11:28
But he said, Yea, rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Be blessed,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GadZooks
Member # 6511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GadZooks         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doglover, I see your questioning of faith as a positive experience. It sounds like God is preparing you to bring the Gospel to places where it most needs to be heard.

I celebrate your growth; your ability to realize that you are not more privileged than any other of God's people is commendable. We are all different but equal, we all need to be allowed to have God move in us in unique ways. When we start to blatantly call others wrong because their interpretation of the Gospel is different than ours, then we begin to act like those who called for Christ's crucifixion. To challenge others and to challenge yourself is divine. We are human, and therefore fundamentally flawed. Of course we cannot expect to know God's will or plan; it is foolish to think that because you subscribe to a certain interpretation of the Gospel that you alone will attain salvation. Jesus came for us all. He died and suffered, willingly, for us all. We must do the same for others. When God inspired you to challenge those who say that they are absolutely right, you put yourself at risk of a type of crucifixion. Being separated from friends and community, because of what you feel, is incredibly brave. Now I challenge you to rise to God's call. We are fallible. It is by realizing that we are flawed and wrong that we begin to clearly hear God's unique call to us.

Of course, I am subject to my own message. I am flawed. I am wrong. All I ask is you keep searching for the Truth.

May you find God's will for you.

Posts: 3 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GadZooks
Member # 6511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GadZooks         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do not have the authority to judge. We do not have the authority to hate. We only have the authority to love.

Our calling is not to belittle others for what we feel they are doing wrong. When we call others blind, it is often because we are blind ourselves.

This same rule applies to homosexuality. We do not have to feel comfortable or approve of the choices of others. Love is not always easy. But we do have to love indiscriminately. We must not use the Bible as a weapon, rather as a tool which helps us to become better lovers of God and God's creations. Let me explain a little. We are freed from Mosaic law by Christ's sacrifice for us. We are made new. This is taught in detail in Galatians. So why do we judge Christian homosexuals so harshly? We must celebrate all expressions of faith in Christ. We must not use the name of Jesus to judge, slander, or segregate.

The same rule applies to me. I am blind. I judge. I suffer from sin.

On the bright side, I am having a wonderful year.

Posts: 3 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also was interested in the nuance between the two following phrases in terms of asking:

Why People Are So Blind?

and

Why Are People So Blind?

Just asking and showing something I wondered about...

Eden

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are people so blind? Because of God's Test of Jesus suffering and dying on the cross and raising from the dead on the 3rd day.

Here is the problem. God by His Justice said, “the soul that sins shall die.”

Then it happened that through Adam and Eve, ALL HUMANS SINNED and all humans were declared to have FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.

Then God had a problem. He had declard thru JUSTICE that “the soul that sins, it shall die”.

1. Ezekiel 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it shall die.

So God wants to choose sons and daughers for Himself from equal sinners. How does God do this while also having stated, in His divine aspect of Justice, that “the soul that sins, it shall die”, i.e., it shall NOT participate in THE WORLD_TO_COME.

What kind of TEST can God YHWH of Israel, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, what kind of TEST can the Creator set up in this earth of EQUAL SINNERS to CHOOSE HIMSELF SOME SONS AND DAUGHTERS?

With Christian love, Eden

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our greatest danger is the secular world and the liberal PC movement that is a great danger to the body of Christ. I would imagine that most would agree that the most of the liberal PC agenda was probably initiated from the female perspective (I could be wrong but that is the feeling I have.)
-----------------
Unfortunatly the secular world has become apart of too many Churches. This has been taking place for many years now. My second cousin who died in the 90's was a engaged in a homosexual relationship and he and his partner were both board members at their Church. Too many Churches have replaced the truth of the Bible with secular beliefs.
I don't believe it can all be laid on females. As I female, I do realize that women are easier led, simply because we women were wired to accept guidance from others more easily then men. But there are more gay men couples then women. This is not by idea but by a study done last year that showed more men lived the gay lifestyle then women.
I do believe the Church is in danger from those who come in and seek to change what the Church teaches all in the name of attracting more crowds.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO there is a lot of erroneous teaching going on in the church today. Personally I feel it is more like family squabbles than a war between the saved and unsaved. After all we are saved by grace through faith in Christ rather than by grace through belief in a doctrinal system.

Words like “heresy” have always been thrown around between brethren who disagree on the bible, when in reality I think God is looking at us like the bunch of little children that we are tutting and shaking his head.

However, the bible does teach us to test the spirits and this is what it says.

1 Jn 4:1-3
4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Therefore this clearly show us that the antichrist will not declare Christ as coming from God. Therefore I would suggest that we look at other religions for a start with the worst danger being no religion at all.

Our greatest danger is the secular world and the liberal PC movement that is a great danger to the body of Christ. I would imagine that most would agree that the most of the liberal PC agenda was probably initiated from the female perspective (I could be wrong but that is the feeling I have.)

Look at what is happening:
We can't teach the bible in schools although our kids are free to be indoctrinated with darwins erroneous theories etc.
In some countries we are not free to preach the bible if we include the biblical language that is derogatory to homosexuals – some preachers have already been jailed.
http://www.akegreen.org/index.htm
Everything in modern society is teaching us all to love ourselves and to be as materialistic as possible.
All we ever see on TV is sex and violence completely searing the consciences of us and our kids.

1 Ti 4:1-2
4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron ;

And what is the body of Christ doing about all this? We are using all our energy squabbling among ourselves and calling each other heretics .

It reminds me of when Gideon defeated the Midianites:
Jdg 7:22 When the three hundred trumpets sounded, the LORD caused the men throughout the camp to turn on each other with their swords.

Basically I think all the PC stuff is causing us to love our life and ourselves and what is worse is that many in the church are buying into it. Probably the most famous saying is “the Lord helps those that help themselves”. It is not even in the bible and goes against everything the bible teaches.

All this self love and materialism promotes fear. As in the words of the fearless John Knox, “fear is just love of self”. Trust totally in the Lord and you will have nothing to fear.

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello David,

People are blinded from the truth because of the hardness of their hearts. We don't understand all of God's ways....thus He is sovereign. We don't know why the Holy Spirit will empower one person in a church pew....and not empower the person sitting right next to him who heard the same message. But we know that people are naturally blinded because of their sin.....and that it takes an outside source to lift those spiritual blinders from in front of their eyes.

Romans 1:18-32
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[c] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[d] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

May God be eternally praised.....

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the below in my bible study today to actually point out what is happening today. I just can not understand why people act so blind to the Gospel, but they do.

Also why people claim to be Christians when you can tell they are not.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

An Explanation of the Future
(2 Timothy 3:1-9)

“The last days” is a period of time that actually began with the life and ministry of Christ on earth (Heb. 1:1-2). However, the NT indicates that “the last days” refers particularly to the state of the church before the coming of Christ. These shall be “perilous” times, that is, “difficult, hard to deal with.” This is the same word used in Matt. 8:28 to describe the Gadarene demoniac. Because people will believe the “doctrines of demons” (1 Tim. 4:1ff), this world will become a “demonic graveyard” just as in Gadara. We are in those days now!
Self-love will be the hallmark of the last days. This self-love will lead to a grasping attitude and a boastful spirit. “Boasters” really means “swaggerers.” True affection will almost disappear; unnatural affection will prevail. “Incontinent” means “intemperate”; “fierce” means “savage,” and savage conduct is certainly evident today. “Heady” means “reckless”; and we surely live in a reckless age, whether you look at the speed of travel, the waste of money, or the carelessness of human lives.
Verses 5-8 indicate that there will be plenty of religion in the last days, but it will be a mere imitation, a form of godliness without the life-changing power of God. The departing from the faith that Paul predicted in 2 Thes. 2 is upon us today, yet there is still plenty of religion! The Bible continues to be a national best-seller, yet the crime rate increases and problems multiply. True Christians are in the minority. These false teachers of Paul’s day preyed especially upon women who were loaded with sins and led astray by their lusts, women who were “ever learning” but who never really came to an understanding of the truth. 
Paul compared the apostate teachers to the Egyptian magicians Jannes and Jambres, who opposed Moses by imitating what he did (Ex. 7:11ff). Satan is an imitator, and his imitation gospel and church will spread in the last days. But just as Moses overcame these imitators by the power of God coming in great judgment, so Christ will ultimately overcome these latter-day deceivers. “From such turn away!” warns Paul (v. 5). Timothy was not to get involved with Christ-denying deceivers, even if it meant being branded as a “crank.”

Title: Wiersbe's Expository Outlines on the New Testament
Click here for info on this book.

Author: Wiersbe, Warren W.

::::::::::::::::::
In the word:

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

2 Timothy 3:1 through 2 Timothy 3:9 (KJV)

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement