Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The coming Day of the Lord

Author Topic: The coming Day of the Lord
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup2] Primoa1970

I am hope to see you in His Kingdom also, no one who has the nature of Yahweh desires for anyone to go to Hell.
pray for our enemies, all those who haven't found forgiveness through that precious Blood of Yeshua and walk not according to His precepts.

<< Romans 8 >>

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHelives.....

I have always appreciated your posts here for the last few years. They are purely scriptural...nothing more...nothing less. We don't always see eye to eye on things like this but I want you to know something:

I plan on meeting you in heaven someday. You and I are in the same family....and that is the family of God. Then we can put Calvinism and Armenianism on the shelf for all eternity and concentrate on Christ.

See you there....
-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We wont lose our salvation....that is eternal and cannot be lost.....we will simply suffer loss which could have been turned into reward.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in [his] goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Just a thought to ponder....

May God be eternally praised!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Betty...

One other thing to note:
There will be different levels of reward in heaven as well. I never used to believe this until I stumbled across this passage:

1 Corinthians 3:9-15 (New King James Version)

9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

On the Day of the Lord, all of the work we did as christians will be put to the test of judgmental fire. Don't know if this will be a literal fire or if Paul was using metaphors to describe the purifying process (gold through the fire).
All of what we have built upon the solid foundation that is Christ will be put to the test. We wont lose our salvation....that is eternal and cannot be lost.....we will simply suffer loss which could have been turned into reward.

Heaven will be a place of eternal bliss and we will all be joyful for all eternity! But I still believe that heaven will be more rewarding for some more than others. All tears will be wiped away and there will be no more sin....but some crowns (rewards) will be lost.

Just a thought to ponder....

May God be eternally praised!

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a pre-tribber myself, but like you I believe the point is that we should be looking for our blessed hope all the time. Until then we work for Jesus the best we can and are constantly seeking to do His will.
God bless you,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

I love these verses:

1 Corinthians 15:51-58 (New King James Version)

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
55 “ O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4 also comes to mind when I read this. Early in my walk with the Lord, I always associated these verses (including 1 Thess. 4) with the rapture. It truly is a mystery as to the timing of this final event.....and I wont even begin to try and tag a date on it or anything like that. No one knows the day or the hour.

But isn't it great to know that regardless of the 'when'......what's more important is that it 'will' happen someday. Christ is coming back for His church someday....and in a moment...in the twinkling of an eye we will all be changed.....praise God.

I don't like to get involved in rapture discussions anymore for the simple reason that it can get really heated. I was a die-hard pre-trib rapture person myself early on (and a good part of me still is). But now I'm just willing to wait and see what happens. As Pastor Michael Youssef said once:

"I'm a pan-millenialist....I'll just wait and see how it all pans out".
(Love that man....)

So, regardless of the timing of this event....we as Christians will all end up in the same place....Heaven.

May God be eternally praised....

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement