Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » God is satisfied with what Jesus accomplished on the cross

Author Topic: God is satisfied with what Jesus accomplished on the cross
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 17 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Primo,
Given how lazy we in the US are, I think we'd find a way to pay a fee to the general animal slaughter industry to do it for us....
regarding the birds - that's funny. I was watching a PBS show (don't know if you all get it) where antique experts appraise people's things they bring in, and coincidently a vase had a picture of how they catch birds in the 19th century - putting up big nets along migratory paths.......
ANYWAY....here's an odd passage to ponder.....
Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions.

What is lacking...??

I like this passage because some Christians think that being Christian means that any suffering is something to fight. Not So.

DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember this also:

When Jesus said "It is finished..."

It was finished.....praise God.

There is no more need for a blood sacrifice....Jesus has now bridged the gap between God and man. And thank God for this or else we would probably be dragging bulls and rams and turtledoves to church once a year on the Day of Atonement.

Can you imagine how hard it must be to catch a turtledove? (Just a thought)

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is satisfied with what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

Christianity, in its simplest form, is this: God wants us to believe HIS Word that God is satisfied with Jesus being a perfect Substitute for sinners.

And how do we know that God was satisfied? Because after Jesus had ascended with His own blood to heaven, God poured out the Holy Spirit on saved sinners at Pentecost, showing God was satisfied with what Jesus did.

God is satisfied. It is merely a question of believing a set of facts that God has proclaimed by pouring out the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

THAT is God's witness that God was satisfied with what Jesus had done, for else God could not have poured out the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, if God was still not satisfied.

So God states He is satisfied, and we need to simply believe this, because God said so and showed so.

God is satisfied with what Jesus accomplished on the cross. Let me be too.

Be blessed,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement