Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Looking for preacher recommendations

Author Topic: Looking for preacher recommendations
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a reformed Baptist, I think you will really like Jim McCarty from Christian Grace Assembly. He is a gifted teacher and really knows his stuff and more importantly has the talent to pass it down to others.

http://www.salvationbygrace.org/default.aspx?ct=sub/listen

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godbehere
Advanced Member
Member # 4187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Godbehere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry,
Thanks, you are right of course, you can download them, I just wasn't doing it correctly.
My computer skills are still in the developmental stage [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Carl

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Posts: 50 | From: FL | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 8 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for missing your post.

You can listen and also download sermons also.

We have had over 21 countries downloading sermons around the world.

:0)

Yah Bless you [type]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godbehere
Advanced Member
Member # 4187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Godbehere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry, sorry, didn't mean to ignore your reply...
end time gospel hour seemks to be the same way...you can listen but not save to your computer.

Good stuff though, and thanks!

--------------------
---------
Carl

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Posts: 50 | From: FL | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godbehere
Advanced Member
Member # 4187

Rick,
Thanks! I've only poked around the site a little, but it does seem like the type of messages I'm looking for. They are not downloadable (in other words, you can't save them to your computer then burn them to CD to listen to in your car) unless you purchase them, but still good stuff to listen to at home...

It's amazing how much the net has broadened our horizons...used to be we could hear sermons only at church, and then maybe a few more on cable TV, now we have thousands available anytime.
I'm just trying to make better use of my driving time by finding the right ones...
Thanks again,

--------------------
---------
Carl

RICK COUCH
Member # 6333

Icon 14 posted      Profile for RICK COUCH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey There!

Just saw that you were interested in downloadable expository teaching and this guy is someone that came to mind. I have never downloaded anything because I am not that computer literate but I am pretty sure that you can download things from this sight. I don't know how to paste a direct link in this post but this should get you there.

(http://www.joncourson.com/)

I truely hope that you will be blesed in CHRIST.

Posts: 6 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these are MP3 i think

[Smile]

www.endtimegospelhour.org

CLICK ON SERMONS.. [Smile]

Yah Bless
barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Godbehere, if you mean get a CD of a preacher's books, if you can get Watchman Nee's The Normal Christian Life read to you on CD in your car, I think you would love it. It's the one Christian book that I have desired to MEMORIZE word for word so that I could regurgiate it to others with my own mouth, but using Watchman Nee's words.

Next to Paul of the New Testament, Nee's exposition of the book of Romans is the most important Christian material that I have ever read. It changed my life from a frustrated Christian to a very happy Christian.

Another book also about Romans that I've recently found in a used bookstore is very similar to Nee's subject matter, and I'm still working on that one. The author is Donald Grey Barnhouse. I only have Volume II, but it's just what I needed.

Anyway, buying ebook CDs of these authors would probably be good; in fact, now that I've mentioned it to YOU, I'm going to find out myself if tapes and/or CDs are available of Nee's work. I'd like to memorize The Normal Christian Life. I've already read it about 6 times, but this time I ended underlining many, many phrases.

Watchman Nee spent around 34 years in prison and read the Bible through many more times than I have thus far. And I think that God has given the interpretation of Romans to Watchman Nee.

At Google.com, type in The Normal Christian Life, or Watchman Nee, and there are lots of fans of WN out there, including probably audio material. I'm going to look myself.

I'm currently listening to the Old Testament on tape (I have an old car), which is also a great preacher, God Himself.

Have a great day.
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ffc.org/

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godbehere
Advanced Member
Member # 4187

I'm looking for recommendations for preachers, specifically those whose sermons are downloadable MP3's on the net. (I spend a lot of time in my car). I am aware of sermonaudio.com, but there are thousands of preachers to choose from, so help me out.

I'm looking for those in the expository vein. I would describe myself as "reformed, baptist, basically fundamental, with only a slightly open mind" [Smile] (Wow, ever tried to categorize yourself quickly?)

Any input appreciated.

--------------------
---------
Carl

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement