Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Faith is like sap

Author Topic: Faith is like sap
Kwistina
Advanced Member
Member # 6618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kwistina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faith is like sap. I'd like to add a twist to this (and herein mention that faith really IS sometimes "sticky"). Amber is sap that has hardened. In it's infancy it was unable to maintain it's shape, and easily became impure and tainted because of its liquid state. But as it hardened over time it took form and became less susceptible to external influences . . . many today consider it a gemstone, and it is often worn close to the heart.

May your faith be much the same!

Posts: 38 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has been an on going act of Faith since the beginning of hurricane season. That Faith has been from someone that responded to a request in prayer to The Ruler of God's Creation (Revelation 3:14). Someone's Faith was recognized by God. I only proposed the prayer, but the innocent Faith of an individual or individuals is the driving force in the request to The Ruler of God's Creation. You know if you responded to my prayer request, but if you would, pray for the health of my Dad and Niece. God Knows. Maybe our Faith can start a healthy epidemic.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!! This was a violent thread. But the kingdom of God suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. As for 'faith is like sap' I would say that Jesus is the vine and we are the branches, so even Jesus is making that implication here. What would flow between Him and us would be the Holy Spirit,who is likened unto faith. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word. I think I convinced myself so I will go back and check yes.

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LET ME NOT BE SLOW IN THANKING THE RULER OF GOD'S CREATION FOR KEEPING THIS MOST RECENT CAT 5 HURRICANE FROM OUR SHORES. I KNOW IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TO CALL UPON FAITH THROUGH JESUS. IN REVELATION JESUS REFERS TO HIMSELF AS THE RULER OF GOD'S CREATION. I PRAY THAT OUT FAITH WILL GROW WITH THIS PASSING OF THE STORM. PLEASE PRAY FOR THE MEXICANS AND THE CHILDREN. BE WILLING TO LEND HELP FOR THE STICKEN.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 4 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI to all:

EL3LN3TN will not be responding anymore. They were removed for rudness and have been warned before about it.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

That's the one. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. Thank you.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cbou
is this what your referring to....

Isa 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it [shall be] for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err [therein].

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cbou4668:
EL3LN3TN, I never claimed to have power without Faith. Faith requires 2 or more in the name of Jesus. I proposed that acknowledging Jesus as the Ruler of God's Creation would be in agreement with me in requesting from Jesus that natural disasters be averted. I believe that Jesus is the Ruler of God's Creation and if such things as no hurricanes is a request from anyone else other than myself that also accepts this belief, then through Faith such is granted.

I never said anything regarding "how much" faith you have, or whatever...that seems nearly irrelevant

You can request anything you like, and the whole "acknowledging Jesus as Ruler of whatever" is just an assumption on your own part. BTW - who(?) are you "acknowledging" this to??? [Confused]

Sadly, the above quote seems more an example of talking in circles...and

"then through Faith such is granted." is only wishful thinking and cannot possibly(!) be verified in this instance. [Roll Eyes]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

EL3LN3TN, I never claimed to have power without Faith. Faith requires 2 or more in the name of Jesus. I proposed that acknowledging Jesus as the Ruler of God's Creation would be in agreement with me in requesting from Jesus that natural disasters be averted. I believe that Jesus is the Ruler of God's Creation and if such things as no hurricanes is a request from anyone else other than myself that also accepts this belief, then through Faith such is granted.

becauseHElives, I didn't know that sap goes up and down. So much for my attempt at making an analogy or parable.
Also, do you know what verse in the Old Testament talks about the "highway into Heaven".

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faith is like sap ?

Sap moves up in down in the tree.

Faith is to be consistent in our lives not up and down.

Circumstances do not effect true faith.

Sickness , adversities, trails are only test to prove true faith in the heart of a believer.

Let Yahweh be true and ever man that does not agree with Yahweh a liar.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Well...."answer yes or no!" can be considered destructive and possibly inflammatory as well [Razz]

...destructive to effective, meaningful communication.

Now, cbou....about your incredible powers to affect continental weather systems theu internet message boards...come again??

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

"I don't know, Not sure, No idea" are good answers. Better than no answer. I think that the replies from EL3LN3TN are inflamatory and destructive. I don't mind being corrected.
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 4 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 5:
33"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.' 34But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Sounds like he was simply advocating people being more humble in their statements. Making oaths and swearing by various things we can't control is a polemic to persuade when we should just say Yes or No and nothing beyond.

But of course "I don't know, Not sure, No idea" are good answers too in lots of cases. Context is the key to resolving lots of issues.
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

I never said Jesus said, "Shut up punk".
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by cbou4668:
Eden, I know that Jesus said to answer "yes or no, anything else comes from Satan." I don't remember the verse that says that.

That is complete nonsense. It's what's more accurately termed a "command and control tactic".

I'm not aware that Christ ran around resorting to- "Shut up, punk!! Just answer me YES or NO!!" [Roll Eyes] [pound]

So, cbou- what are some of your inspired insights concerning the forthcoming hurricane season, or maybe this recent 1 month cold wave & near record snowfalls hitting the east?? Has your internet messaging activity had any effect on this? [Smile]

desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cbou,
You post such odd things! [Confused] (IMHO) It sounds like you believe (as do most Christians) in the Virgin Birth, but then what's with the 3 month thing? Why wouldn't God have Mary have a normal term pregnancy?
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Eden, I know that Jesus said to answer "yes or no, anything else comes from Satan." I don't remember the verse that says that.

DD, I am not Catholic but I do believe in the conception of Jesus being through the Holy Spirit without the involvement of a man. I also believe that the term of pregnancy was 3 months. Miracles are standard procedure. Man disobeying God is man not acknowledging God. There is more to all this than just acknowledging God. That is just the beginning. Thus the First Commandment, Love God with all your heart and mind and soul. Getting this first thing right has been a real problem for man.

desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 17 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cbou4668,
Just to make sure this is what you are asking, (this is a common misunderstanding) the immaculate conception refers to the doctrine of the Catholic Church that Mary was redeemed upon her conception.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a3p2.htm#490
DD

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, cbou4668, I don't think that EL3LN3TN should be limited to Yes and No answers anymore than the rest of us. EL3LN3TN is obviously not a believer yet in the God of the Bible and that is okay, that's part of why we are talking on this Internet site.

If it is true that "O, taste and see that the LORD is good", then some will be attracted to the goodness of the LORD and of Jesus". It is good for EL3LN3TN to be here; for where else could he get saved?

Love, Eden

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 20 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, I wasn't even thinking of a graft. I believe that the way a tree is or vine is that they don't even recieve nurishment without the trunk rooted in the soil.

EL3LN3TN, you should leave your answers to yes or no. Do you believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Yes or No. Do you accept emaculate comseption, Yes or No.

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Hi Eden, say, did you happen to undertake any Gurdjieff studies in prior ("sufi")years???

I'll just stick to your questions for now...
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
May I ask, EL3LN3TN, do you believe that Mary of Nazareth was visited by the angel Gabriel and became “in vitro” impregnated by a fertilized egg of Holy Spirit, or do you think “that is all nonsense”?

No, it was obviously the standard sperm/egg union required to produce a human offspring.
quote:
Did Jesus raise from the dead, or did that not happen, in your view?

Not sure...Raise what from the dead??
Hate to answer a question with a question, sorry but I'll guess you're referring to the initiatory death & resurrection of the Christ(?) - Sure! I have no problem with that.

quote:
EL3LN3TN answered:

I would tend to think that organized, conscious, pragmatic problem solving effort & commitment would accomplish much more than the blind, money-wasting folly of faith.

SAVE YOURSELF FROM THIS UNTOWARD GENERATION, EL3LN3TN because the God YHWH of Israel AND the Lord Jesus of Israel are ALIVE and Both are to be feared if we are not on their Side, they are so powerful.
Eden

hmmm..."untoward generation"...need to explain that one a little further, I'm not really following... [Confused]
Eden
unregistered

Hi, cbou4668. You said:

“The closer to the trunk, the more you have.”

Eden here:

The closer to the trunk, the more you have, only applies if you are listening to the trunk’s advice.

All sinners are all equally close to the trunk, but most of the sinners are not listening to THAT trunk, anyway. They’re listening to other trees.

cbou4668, you also said:

Eden here:

In the book of Romans, though, it is explained that the slip in the trunk where the Spirit was grafted in, BELOW the slip the old man continues to produce the same old thick-skinned fruit that the old man ALWAYS produced. The old man cannot get past the graft AT ALL with himself and his fruit.

Only the Spirit ABOVE the slip can produce the delicious, thin-skinned fruit that grows ABOVE the slip.

So in that regard, chou4668, even being CLOSE to the trunk would not matter because NOTHING of the old man can get past the graft slip, below which is the old man, and above which is the Holy Spirit. So no matter how close or how far, everything UNDER is the SAME thing.

So in THAT regard, Chou4668, what you said is NOT true:

Be blessed,
Eden

Eden
unregistered

Hi, cbou4668. You said:

"Go," said Jesus "your Faith has healed you."

And EL3LN3TN answered:

I would tend to think that organized, conscious, pragmatic problem solving effort & commitment would accomplish much more than the blind, money-wasting folly of faith.

Eden here:

My dear EL3LN3TN, the faith that chou4668 talked about was NOT the money-wasting folly kind of faith, but was the faith of Jesus in His God YHWH. It was FIRST the faith of Jesus in YHWH that healed that man, and second it was the faith that the sick man had in the faith of Jesus in YHWH that healed that man.

Our Adamic faith may be a folly of faith, but when we have faith in the faith which Jesus had in YHWH, seeing the results, then WE are healed. As Jesus said, “Go, your faith has healed you.”

In other words, your faith in Jesus has healed you. That’s something different than what you said, EL3LN3TN:

Faith in Jesus’s ability is NOT folly, sir. Have you been reading your Bible lately and regularly and yet you have come to THAT conclusion?

The Son of God Jesus who came down from heaven said, “Go, your faith [in Me} has healed you.” Your problem, EL3LN3TN is that you still think that Jesus was ONLY first Adamic.

May I ask, EL3LN3TN, do you believe that Mary of Nazareth was visited by the angel Gabriel and became “in vitro” impregnated by a fertilized egg of Holy Spirit, or do you think “that is all nonsense”?

Did Jesus raise from the dead, or did that not happen, in your view? I’m not saying this to get you banned, I don’t want you to be banned. I WANT YOU TO BE SAVED:

Hebrews 4
7 Again, He limits a certain day, saying in David, Today, after so long a time; as it is said, Today if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts.

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

This is why the FEAR of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom:

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy IS understanding.

The beginning of wisdom is NOT what you said, EL3LN3TN, but what chou4668 said:

chou4668 said:

EL3LN3TN answered:

SAVE YOURSELF FROM THIS UNTOWARD GENERATION, EL3LN3TN because the God YHWH of Israel AND the Lord Jesus of Israel are ALIVE and Both are to be feared if we are not on their Side, they are so powerful.

Psalm 2:12: Kiss the Son, lest He be angry with you and you perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little.

Eden

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 13 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

btw, cbou4668 - please give your preventative measures & proactive agenda concerning the forthcoming 2007 hurricane season, ok??

thx!

Do you think you might be able to control and determine it from this message board??

Can any of us, up in here, help <YOU>, as you control & modify the weather patterns across the Northern Hemisphere this coming year?? [Smile]

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

The closer to the trunk, the more you have.

"Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me!"

"Many rebuked him and told him to be quite,"

Jesus stopped and said, "Call him."

"Cheer up, He's calling you."

"What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him.

"I want to see."

Simple as that.
I want to see that people eventually stop suffering and help each other through their Faith instead of thinking that through Faith they would be doing God an honor to committ suicide and also destroy that which they have deemed offensive to God. Let God do his own thinking. Nobody can tell God what to think. He doesn't think like people. Anybody agrees with this effort of Faith vote yes.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 5 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement