Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Why do the wicked/unsaved seem to have such a good life?

Author Topic: Why do the wicked/unsaved seem to have such a good life?
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a season that a non Christian will seem to have things better then others. Especially a person, who knew the truth and sold out their beliefs for fame and fortune. But remember this life at best is 70-100 years while eternity is for ever. Better to have this life be a struggle and experience joy in heaven.
Yes, I do believe that Christians have more difficulties. Jesus said that just as He was persecuted so would be His followers. Paul said we should count our suffering that we do for Christ as joy.
The reality fame and fortune does not bring happiness. How many famous people turn to drugs because they find that out for themselves.
We are constatnly finding out how really miserable rich and famous people really are. As Christians we can find peace and joy in God and not in our circumstances. Being a Christian is not a big fluffy pillow that protects us from ever suffering, but God is always with us.
So we have no need to envy those who have fame and fortune now, even though they are living publically sinful lives. We should pray for them and pity them, because they have chosen such a very bad pay off. Like I said they have chosen a few years of fame and glory and given up an eternity of joy and wonder in Heaven with God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
APPEARANCES ARE DECEPTIVE.

The perception that person(s) are "wicked!! ;unsaved!!"...and that they enjoy a "so much better life, success, material wealth!!" are BOTH illusions of covetousness.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here are some on suffering...
Colossians 1:24 : Rom 8:17; 2 Cor 1:5; 12:15; Phil 2:17

Many of these passages are not commonly read or studied.....but the point (I think) of Col 1:24 is that we are granted the priviledge of suffering with Christ for the sake of others. It is Christ only who is the Savior of all; He grants us a share of His suffering to participate in his work. Christians who grow to the full maturity of Christ want different things than the world; they don't focus on goals of acquiring more and the best of everything. They focus on wanting to see the will of the Father done.
Blessings.
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand why, I know my reward waits on me. But I need scripture for a friend I m witnessing too and cant find it.

He wants to know why God will let someone unsaved have lots of material things, good jobs, ....simply the good life. Where as some Christians suffer and struggle.

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement