Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Christian Works.....

Author Topic: Christian Works.....
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like what Jesus said was most important. Love God with all you have and love your neighbor. This makes things pretty simple. If you love God you want to make Him happy. So what does God want? He wants all to be saved. Your supposed to love you neighbor. What do they need above all? They need to be saved. So a christian is to save others. How do you do that. By living a life that mirrors the loving example showed by Jesus that will then give us the credibility to share the truth with others so they might receive it. This saves our neighbors and pleases God.

So it makes sense to consider these two greatest commmands in all you do in your life.

Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Primo,

It is 48 degrees and sunny here in western Washington State. I will pray that God will give you the words to say to reach the hurting and the lost.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Betty. Good to hear from you again. Life is good here in central Florida.

Gotta tell you......I've been delving into some serious conversations over on that Yahoo Answers forum in the spirituality section.
There are some very deliberate, evolutionistic, deluded people in this world. I wish I could share Christ with all of them.

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Primo,
I was thinking of just that when I posted. Great minds, think alike, you know. [Wink]
thanks for making it more clearer.
betty [hug]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's this one?

Matthew 7:19-21 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Hope this helps a little

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our sunday school class is studing the entire book of James. I think that would be a good starting point for what your asking. James talks very extensively about how our faith in God, and our salvation through
Christ should affect our every day life. Read,learn and enjoy!
Sister in Christ, Kathy

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chaffin:
I was studying the yesterday and the thought of Christian Works and how we Christians are to live our lives. I was looking at it from other peoples views on us. And I asked myself this question. Could people tell that I was a Christian by the way I act and uphold myself?

I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this subject and maybe you guys could guid me to some more scriptures in the Bible that decribe this. I can't remember the ones I have already read so just spit them all out to me please....

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaffin
Advanced Member
Member # 6221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaffin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I don't think this is what I had in mind when looking for others oppions on our works we should do as Christians. However there is alot more to just believing that there is a God. Not only must you believe, you must receive.
Posts: 27 | From: Milton, WV. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Bighead,
Please explain. Are you saying that someone who has repented and turn from their sins and serves God is saved? Remember, demons believe there is a God but they are not Christians. Not trying to start an argument but confused by your answer. It is not enough to believe God exist. We must repent and turn from our sins and serve Him.
betty

--------------------

BigHead
Community Member
Member # 6143

Icon 6 posted      Profile for BigHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you really believe God, you are Christian

--------------------
Hi, I'm Big head

Posts: 15 | From: Asia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaffin
Advanced Member
Member # 6221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaffin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was studying the yesterday and the thought of Christian Works and how we Christians are to live our lives. I was looking at it from other peoples views on us. And I asked myself this question. Could people tell that I was a Christian by the way I act and uphold myself?

I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this subject and maybe you guys could guid me to some more scriptures in the Bible that decribe this. I can't remember the ones I have already read so just spit them all out to me please....

Posts: 27 | From: Milton, WV. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement