Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Is Hell Real?

Author Topic: Is Hell Real?
Evangelist Smith
Community Member
Member # 6373

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Evangelist Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen good scriptural posts about the evidence of hell.....

God's Word is truth and many deny the truths of His Word but that doesnt change the fact that it is still " TRUTH"

AMEN AMEN AND AMEN

And the wicked shall be turned into hell and all nations that forget God

Whosoever was not found written in the Lamb's Book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Godbless

--------------------
In Christ's Service
Evangelist Smith

Posts: 18 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forwarded with great pleasure,

Wb

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Hell is just as real as Heaven. There are so many Scripture to prove that,that I won't even bother to quote any.

As far as it not being fair that a person be forgiven at the end of their life for hurting so many others,iF THEY REPENT. " Thats good news for you and me."

But for the Grace of God there go I, And there goes the entirety of mankind.

God's Grace is the only way one can be saved,There is no other way. Thank God for Grace.

For by Grace are ye saved through faith. ( Romans 2:8)

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
20"For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 Now when he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, 4 and said to them, 'You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.' So they went. 5 Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing *idle, and said to them, 'Why have you been standing here idle all day?' 7 They said to him, 'Because no one hired us.' He said to them, 'You also go into the vineyard, *and whatever is right you will receive.'
8 "So when evening had come, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, 'Call the laborers and give them their wages, beginning with the last to the first.' 9 And when those came who were hired about the eleventh hour, they each received a denarius. 10 But when the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise received each a denarius. 11 And when they had received it, they complained against the landowner, 12 saying, 'These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.' 13 But he answered one of them and said, 'Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? 14 Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. 15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?' 16 So the last will be first, and the first last. For* many are called, but few chosen."
---------------------

When our works are tested by fire, those works that are considered worthy will earn us crowns. We shall lay these crowns at Jesus feet. Imagine how broken hearted those will be who got saved on their death bed and have only one crown (the crown of salvation) to lay at Jesus feet. How sad it will be to stand before Jesus, having not worked to see even one soul saved for God.
Yes, we should seek to reach the lost, even those who are dying, but how much greater it is to live for Jesus every day, working for His Glory.
As Jesus said, it is not for us to judge whom Jesus has called into His salvation.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the thief on the cross died, Jesus did not tell him, it was too late to accept salvation, because there was no time to make amends to those he stole from. Also remember the story in the Bible where the workers worked for the same money, even though some came early and some came late.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
All we have to do is place our faith in Him and we are saved, forgiven, cleansed and promised an eternal home in heaven.
Somehow, this statement sounds so unfair!...Lets say that a person hurts others over and over and lets suppose that at the last minute of his life, he asks forgiveness to God but never apologized to the ones he has hurt in the past, then he is forgiven for every wrong that he did to others?!?!?!...others have suffered because of that selfish and mean person!...Doesn't this sound unfair to anyone??????...It sure does to me!...now am I being bitter???... [Frown]
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what the jews believe happens when you die?

I think for christians it really doesn't matter. Whether the unsaved just end into an eternal death or lives out eternity in torture, either way its better to live out eternity with Christ in perfection. Just like the discussion with heaven goes, is it all the stuff in the bible literally, or is just an eternity of good times with Jesus. It really doesn't matter.

Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. And he, along with Death, will be cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus,

The name 'Hell' may not be in the Old Testement, but neither is the name 'Jesus.' Would you suggest that Jesus is also not real since his name is not in the Old Testement?

Regardless, here is an Old Testement scripture that does not mention Hell spicifically, but does not bode well for the unbelieving all the same:

"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to evelasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." Daniel 12:2

Believe me, having the everlasting contempt of Almighty God is Hell, no matter how you describe it.

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s like the three men who died and arrived at hell and began to talk to one another…

One man, a Roman Catholic said “I’m not worried my family is paying my way out of this horrible place as we speak.

The second man, a Baptist spoke up well all I can say is this must be a bad dream and I will soon wake up because I know I was saved, and everyone knows a true believer “Once Saved Is Always Saved.

The third man who had been carefully listening, a follower of the “Word of Faith” teachings begins to speak his positive confession, “I ain’t here, I ain’t here, I ain’t here, I ain’t here…

Now that is supposed to be a joke, but it is not funny because many people will suffer an eternal hell prepared for Satan and the fallen Angels because they love not the Truth of Yahweh’s Word. Men and Women do not study out the scriptures for themselves they follow blindly the teaching of wolves in sheep’s clothing.

The heart of every issue is the issue of the heart.

Let Yahweh be True and every man whose words don’t agree with scripture be a liar.

There is a way that seems right to mankind but the end thereof is death.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure people love to try and say there is not hell. But the fact is there is a hell. Saying there is not a hell does not make it true. The bible says there is a hell, which means there is a hell and anyone who does not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will go there. There are also people that say there is no God, but the bible says they are fools.

I don’t need a PhD to understand that if you take the Bible at face value – Using the time-tested tools of Biblical Interpretation – That it absolutely declares in no-uncertain terms that Hell is a literal place, and that real people who reject Christ go there after this life

It’s not Biblical Scholars that denies the existence of Hell – But rather faithless men and women who are filled with Human sentimentality who deny the existence of God.

To know if there is a hell all you have to do is open your eyes and read the below IN THE BIBLE. I don't care what some man said. I have eyes and can read for myself.

Matthew 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The punishment of the wicked in hell is as never-ending as the bliss of the righteous in Heaven. The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as "everlasting fire" (Matthew 25:41), "unquenchable fire" (Matthew 3:12), "shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2), a place where "their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched" (Mark 9:44-49), a place of "torments" and "flame" (Luke 16:23,24), "everlasting destruction" (2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place of torment with "fire and brimstone" where "the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever" (Revelation 14:10,11), and a "lake of fire and brimstone" where the wicked are "tormented day and night forever and ever" (Revelation 20:10). Jesus Himself indicates that the punishment in hell itself is everlasting - not merely the smoke and flames (Matthew 25:46).

The wicked are forever subject to the fury and the wrath of God in hell. They consciously suffer shame and contempt and the assaults of an accusing conscience -- along with the fiery wrath of an offended deity -- for all of eternity. Even those in hell will acknowledge the perfect justice of God (Psalms 76:10). Those who are in the very real hell will know that their punishment is just and that they alone are to blame (Deuteronomy 32:3-5). Yes, hell is real. Yes, hell is a place of torment and punishment that lasts forever and ever, with no end! Praise God that through Jesus, we can escape this eternal fate (John 3:16,18,36).

When David sinned by committing adultery with Bathsheba and having Uriah murdered, he responded by saying something interesting: “Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight…” (Psalm 51:4). David had sinned against Bathsheba and Uriah, how could David claim to have only sinned against God? David understood that all sin is ultimately against God. God is an eternal and infinite Being. As a result, all sin is worthy of an eternal punishment.

Yes, God loves us (John 3:16) and wants us to be saved (2 Peter 3:9). God is also just and righteous – He cannot allow sin to go unpunished. That is why God sent Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for our sins. Jesus’ death was an infinite death, paying our infinite sin debt – so that we would not have to pay it in Hell for eternity (2 Corinthians 5:21). All we have to do is place our faith in Him and we are saved, forgiven, cleansed and promised an eternal home in heaven. God loved us so much to provide for our salvation. If we reject His gift of eternal life, we will face the eternal consequences of that decision.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

well whichever side is true, that is what i want to go with.

both seem to be so convincing.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I found this at this site

http://www.geocities.com/rap_rabbi/hell.html

"The Bible says The Bible says there is a literal Hell! 162 times in the New Testament alone the Bible talks of Hell! Man's unbelief does not make the Word of God of none effect! Let God be true but every man a liar! (Romans. 3:3,4)"

--------------------

J4Jesus
unregistered

from
Link was removed by David. We don't promote false doctrine on this message board so don't post links to it. Thank you.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Popular myth: Hell is an established Biblical doctrine that is in the Bible from start to finish. This is not true! Two thirds of the Bible (the Old Testament) do not mention Hell at all. (“Sheol,” the Old Testament word that is sometimes translated as Hell, only means “grave” by definition, and it is where everyone in the Old Testament went when they died--good or evil, Jew or Gentile). Thus the Old Testament does not contain the concept of Hell!

Think about it………

If Hell is real, why didn’t God make that warning plain right at the beginning of the Bible? God said the penalty for eating of the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was death--not “eternal life” in fire and brimstone.

If Hell is real, why wasn’t Cain warned about it, or Sodom and Gomorrah, or any of those who committed the earliest recorded “sins?”

If Hell is real why didn't Moses warn about this fate in the Ten Commandments or the Mosaic Covenant consisting of over 600 laws, ordinances, and warnings? The Mosaic Law simply stated blessings and cursings in this lifetime.

If Hell is real, why are its roots in paganism, rather than the Bible? Many nations surrounding Israel in the Old Testament believed in Hell-like punishment in the afterlife, for they served bloodthirsty and evil “gods,” while Israel simply taught the grave (sheol) and a hope of a resurrection. If Hell is real, why was the revelation of it first given to pagan nations, instead of God’s covenant people? Did God expect Israel to learn about the afterlife from the Pagan Gentiles? If so, why did He repeatedly warn Israel to not learn of their ways?

If Hell is real, why did God tell the Jews that burning their children alive in the fire to the false god Molech, (in the valley of Gehenna) was so detestable to Him? God said that such a thing “never even entered His mind” (Jer. 32:35). How could God say such a thing to Israel, if He has plans to burn alive a good majority of His own creation in a spiritual and eternal Gehenna of His own making?

I know I have read verses in Islam that talk about this Terrible Hell Fire and it gets very graphic, but I see none of that in The Bible.

[ January 22, 2007, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: David ]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Jesus often talked about hell. Hell is as real as you and I. People wonder how a person can be in hell for eternity. Just as Christians are given a new eternal body so will unblievers. No one has to go to hell. They can accpet Jesus as their Savior and Lord and go to Heaven. Yes death will cease. But people in hell will never die. They will be there through out eternity.
betty

--------------------

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell yeah! Doesn't it say in Revelation that Death goes off to the Lake of Fire? Literally death dies.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

well actually, I believed there was this "Eternal Burning Place" but after reading up on some stuff and after someone showed me some things, all Biblical of course, I no longer hold that belief.

What would God gain from a million burning souls?

The Punishment of sin is DEATH. Not Eternal Life In Hell Fire.

So at a certain time, God will judge the Evil with Fire that will CONSUME them and they will be Ashes under the Righteous' Feet.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just wanted to see if you would go to the below link and watch my newest video. It is titled:

Is Hell Real? Is Hell Eternal? [mad2]

and if you like it please give it a good rating as this will help it to get listed higher and may be a witness to people on youtube that are not saved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhJqwcUTdA

Oh, yes and if you have any comments please let me know. I just purchased videoquestions.com and will be answering video questions about christianity, the bible, God, etc... and posting them there. So if you have a questions you want me to work on let me know.

Plow on, plow on...
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement