Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » how come the SuperSmart Lord of the harvest only has a few laborers ?

Author Topic: how come the SuperSmart Lord of the harvest only has a few laborers ?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
I PM'd Kathy and encouraged her to re-read Dave's post. She did and realized the error she made.

I think all is good.

Aaron

God bless you Aaron;

Thank you.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I PM'd Kathy and encouraged her to re-read Dave's post. She did and realized the error she made.

I think all is good.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kllane:
No need to ban me, I will gladdly bow out. Since entering this message board,I have listen to unregister peole milign the scripture.(Paul false techer). I've beenquickly corrected for not useing proper terms. And now I'm being told that Gal.:27-29 for all of you who were baptized into Christ,have clothed yourselves with Christ, There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave or free, male or female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham seed, and heirs according to the promise. will cause me to be removed from the board. Well I serve a Holy, and just God, a God who sent his only son Jesus to die for all mankind, so that we could through Him spent eternity whith Him and the Father.God so loved the world that whosoever belives in Him should not perrish, but have everlasting life John 3:16
I will keep all of you that I have met in my prayers, read God's word, for it contains only truth, and His Spirit will guide you in that truth.
To God be the glory forever and ever Amen
Kathryn L. Lane [wave3]

God bless you Kathryn;

I think if you wil re-read David's post, he was addressing EL3LN3TN's false statement, not your post/response.

There has been quite an influx of those who deny the Word of God, and David certainly has his hands full with these interlopers.

When you see a member with "unregistered" under their nickname it means that they have been banned or requested that their name be removed from membership.

David has certainly been rock-solid in his stand for Christ and the Word of God. David has also shown the patience of Job in dealing with so much contrary doctrine.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden,
God is the Lord of the entire havest, regardless of how many or how few laborers are harvesting. God is not "SuperSmart" as you or I would define it... indeed he is the creator of the "SuperSmart."
We are called to pray for the laborers to increase because we are given power by God to intercede for others, so that the Spirit of God will call them on behalf of our prayers of faith.

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to ban me, I will gladdly bow out. Since entering this message board,I have listen to unregister peole milign the scripture.(Paul false techer). I've beenquickly corrected for not useing proper terms. And now I'm being told that Gal.:27-29 for all of you who were baptized into Christ,have clothed yourselves with Christ, There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave or free, male or female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham seed, and heirs according to the promise. will cause me to be removed from the board. Well I serve a Holy, and just God, a God who sent his only son Jesus to die for all mankind, so that we could through Him spent eternity whith Him and the Father.God so loved the world that whosoever belives in Him should not perrish, but have everlasting life John 3:16
I will keep all of you that I have met in my prayers, read God's word, for it contains only truth, and His Spirit will guide you in that truth.
To God be the glory forever and ever Amen
Kathryn L. Lane [wave3]

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EL3LN3TN:
uh..hey - you might be interested to know this scriptural passage from the Word of God, about "white unto harvest"...means only white (caucasian) people will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
[Wink]

EL3LN3TN,

Any more FALSE statements like the above and you will be banned from using this message board.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"only white (caucasian) are going to heavan"
That's a pretty strong statement since acording to Gal.3 26:29 clearly states there is no differences in those who come to Christ.
God is the creator and God of (all) who come to him through His son Jesus Christ!
At least that's what my bible says
[Confused] Child of God

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:

John 4:35 (King James Version)
36 … look at the fields; for they are already white to harvest.

So by that He can only have meant that the harvest was already white to harvest in Jesus’s OWN time.

I think He was looking ahead...as in seeing the eternal realm even though He was in the temporal realm. This is simply revelation from God.

But, as you talk about laborers, I agree that men are called to work in the Father's Kingdom as I've noted.

Also note: this harvest is guaranteed. This is not a harvest that can fail...it will happen. It is reassuring that His work will be finished.

Aaron

uh..hey - you might be interested to know this scriptural passage from the Word of God, about "white unto harvest"...means only white (caucasian) people will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
[Wink]

Aaron
unregistered

quote:

So by that He can only have meant that the harvest was already white to harvest in Jesus’s OWN time.

I think He was looking ahead...as in seeing the eternal realm even though He was in the temporal realm. This is simply revelation from God.

But, as you talk about laborers, I agree that men are called to work in the Father's Kingdom as I've noted.

Also note: this harvest is guaranteed. This is not a harvest that can fail...it will happen. It is reassuring that His work will be finished.

Aaron

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Aaron. You said:

I should have been more precise: The "harvest" is the end of the age. Both the wheat (God's children) and the tares (those who are to be condemned) will be harvested at that time. Until that time the laborers will be charged with the preparation of the field.

Eden here:

When Jesus said this, He was with His disciples at the well of Jacob in the plain of Moreh and He looked down over the plain of Moreh toward the Jordan River and He said:

35 Don’t you say, “There are yet four months and then comes harvest? Look, I say to you, Lift up your eyes and look at the fields; for they are already white to harvest.

Yes, the harvest is also the end of this first world, just before the world-to-come starts:

Matthew 13:39
The enemy who sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

So what did Jesus say?

So by that He can only have meant that the harvest was already white to harvest in Jesus’s OWN time. Not green, but already white to harvest (or golden).

So from Jesus’s time until now, there can only be laborers in the field, and these laborers are the bornagain Christians.

So here is the SuperSmart Lord of the harvest, and He says to us: “Pray the Lord of the harvest to send more laborers into the field”:

Matthew 9:37-38 (King James Version)
37 Then said He to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few.”

38 Pray you therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth laborers into His harvest.”

I think this can only mean that God will complete what we laborers did not complete. If we want to be co-laborers WITH God, and thus reap rewards, God is making that available to us by saying that we can pray for laborers:

Matthew 9:37-38 (King James Version)
37 Then said He to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few.”

39 Pray you therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth laborers into His harvest.”

Is it true to say that on some level God does not care what we sinful humans but saved co-laborers with God accomplish; God will complete the rest. But those of us who decide to do SOMETHING to help out, i.e., by being co-laborers from Jesus’s time until now, receive rewards:

1 Corinthians 3
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.

9 For we are laborers together with God: you are God's husbandry, you are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given
to me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let every man take heed how he builds thereupon.

11 For {But} other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon that foundation gold, silver, precious stones, or wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abides {survives} of that which he had built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

So here is my question: Who become co-laborers with God? Only those who pray God to send more laborers into His harvest?

Does God care how many people pray that God send more laborers into the field white unto harvest? I think God wants as many people to receive a reward as possible.

And what does the reward consist of? Apparently being set over one or more cities with a glorified body like Jesus:]

Luke 19
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, Your pound has gained ten pounds.

17 And He said to him, Well, you good servant: because you have been faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.

18 And a second came, saying, Lord, Your pound has gained five pounds.

19 And He said likewise to him, You be also over five cities.

So whoever wants to be a laborer with God, can probably do so by just praying the Lord of the harvest to send more laborers into the field, and does the Lord then respond by making the praying person a laborer, or not?

The Lord pays well, that's for sure.

Be blessed,
Eden

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
I apologize for my miss use of words.I did'nt mean to offend or mislead. I pray that God uses each of us for his purpose, and that we are willing, as Christ was willing.
Kathy [Embarrassed]

Bah. No apology needed. Just the limits of 2D text.

I'm a stickler for precision in some areas. Mostly in the areas where common phrases are often used but have no scriptural basis to support their use.

Be blessed,
Aaron

kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize for my miss use of words.I did'nt mean to offend or mislead. I pray that God uses each of us for his purpose, and that we are willing, as Christ was willing.
Kathy [Embarrassed]

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Praying you reap a bountiful harvest for the Lord!

The angels are the reapers. People are not. We are the laborers.

Bless you,
Aaron

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by artm:
Hi.

The Harvest does not refer to the saved,But the Lost. Since all believers are "Workers together with the Lord " Prayer is a must to help gather that Harvest.

The Lord of the Harvest is Jesus. The labourers are the believers.

God Bless. Pastor Mann

The "saved" and "lost" are, to me, of the same crowd:

Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

I should have been more precise: The "harvest" is the end of the age. Both the wheat (God's children) and the tares (those who are to be condemned) will be harvested at that time. Until that time the laborers will be charged with the preparation of the field.

Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

And, although the "reapers" are angels the laborers are people. Saints, gifted from God, do the work that matures the believer: the wheat. Like here:

Ephesians 4:11-13 "11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ...

No preparation is required for the tares: they already stand condemned. Although a farmer may remove the weeds from his field the tares in the end of the age harvest are to be left.

Aaron

kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 18 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

As believers, we are all called to help with spreading the gospel to those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. We are the workers, unfortunately not all of us not all of us are willing to work. If you feel God may send you into the fields because of your prayers, maybe God's tring to tell you something, after all He has a purpose for each one of us! Praying you reap a bountiful harvest for the Lord!

Kathy [thumbsup2]

artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

The Harvest does not refer to the saved,But the Lost. Since all believers are "Workers together with the Lord " Prayer is a must to help gather that Harvest.

The Lord of the Harvest is Jesus. The labourers are the beleivers.

God Bless. Pastor Mann

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

"SuperSmart"??? [Roll Eyes]
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
4. Or, will the Lord of the harvest only send into the harvest those who have prepared themselves, who have "sharpened their gospel sickle"?

One comment, take it or leave it. The harvest are the saved. Therefor they are the saints maturing in Christ.

I have no problem with the term "gospel sickle" insofar as it means the whole gospel NOT simply the part about salvation. Growth, maturity, Holy Spirit, son-ship, the reality of the eternal Kingdom, etc. should all be understood by the worker who works in the harvest. After all, a prudent farmer harvests only the mature plants.

IF one should understand the "gospel" to mean only salvation then he/she should pray that the Lord send a worker to them for their own maturity.

Bless you,
Aaron

Eden
unregistered

Hi, Caretaker. You said that one reason why the Supersmart Lord of the harvest only has a few laborers is because of:

Matt 7:14

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Eden here:

Okay, good answer. Let’s assume that there are few laborers, according to Matt.7:14, but what then is the meaning of “pray you therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He send laborers into His harvest”?

Luke 10:2
Therefore He said to them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few: pray you therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He would send forth laborers into His harvest.

Caretaker, if the amount of people on the narrow way is preknown to be few, how is prayer going to increase the laborers in the harvest?

Be blessed, and have a prosperous New Year.
Eden

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt 7:14

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Eden
unregistered

how come the SuperSmart Lord of the harvest only has a few laborers?

This verse has puzzled me for a long time:

Luke 10:2
Therefore He said to them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few: pray you therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He would send forth laborers into His harvest.

I have several questions about this verse.

1. The Lord of the harvest is the LORD God of Israel. Since He is SuperSmart, how come the laborers are few when the harvest is great?

2. And does the Lord want us to pray to send laborers into the field, and if we are not doing that, does that determine the amount of laborers in the field?

3. And when I pray that prayer, why am I thinking that the Lord will send ME into the harvest if I'm going to pray that prayer?

4. Or, will the Lord of the harvest only send into the harvest those who have prepared themselves, who have "sharpened their gospel sickle"?

But MY MAIN QUESTION is this that, if the harvest is great, and the Lord of the harvest is SuperSmart, how come that SuperSmart Lord of the harvest only has a few laborers in His harvest? Does it depend ONLY on whether WE pray, or not?

Be blessed by saving yourselves from this untoward generation.

Your friend in Christ, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement