Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Tsunami predicted for 1st April 2007

Author Topic: Tsunami predicted for 1st April 2007
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran a search a couple of days ago and found that alasdair and the webside had filled many a forum with this stuff.
I clicked the link to the website this morning and got the "unknown host" page.

I guess and end has been put to this.

I would like to thank David that this was stopped here early on.
alasdair was on other forums with this, right up to yesterday.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All this 'end of the world stuff' is too dramatic for me. I've come to believe people get all wrapped up in that because it makes them feel special. No one is satisfied working on just following the Sermon on the Mount in their daily lives.
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This really needs a BUMP, as the time shall soon be at hand!!!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vizionary
Community Member
Member # 6271

Icon 20 posted      Profile for vizionary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should we not address this to "worldends"?
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

--------------------
Yahshua HaMashiach

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alasdair:
In order to alleviate the suffering of the poor and to provide a means for people to repent from their sins, God has arranged for an end. Plagues are necessary (a) to get the attention of those who would otherwise be apathetic to the plight of the poor, and (b) to begin the destruction of what has resulted from not following Jesus – the products of our own wisdom, the infrastructure of our self-centred capitalist society.

The first of these plagues is a tsunami, predicted to hit the East Coast of the USA on 1st April 2007.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention.....

Please explain by what mechanism "immoral behavior(s)" on th part of humans, the existence of "greedy capitalist societies", "not following Jesus", etc etc....results in seismic/volcanic activities, and the generation of Tsunamis????

What's the connection???

Once again, this thread should be loads of fun on April 2nd [pound]

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vizionary, Solomon was a deceitful man. One of his most famous judgements was accomplished through deceit, cut the child in half. Upon further communication with alasdair, her main beef is with Paul. I agree with her that Paul takes it upon himself too much to tell me that "this is what God did it for" instead of demonstrating a fulfillment of prophecy as Jesus did. In this way I believe that Paul is very much like King Solomon but I won't argue with him about his Faith in Jesus. That is between himself and Jesus, as it will be for everyone. I have trouble with people saying they have Faith in Jesus today with their intolerance in full glare. They may run into that roadblock of Matthew 7:21-23, and find they didn't really know Jesus at all. I believe it is blasphemous to revere King Solomon and it is a sin to more stock in the Apostle Paul than Jesus is. From what I gather Paul would be mortified if he felt that he misled anyone away from Jesus, so I don't think that it is with intention that he tries to "think like God".
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vizionary
Community Member
Member # 6271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vizionary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had a thought!! Maybe the moon in the picture represents being a "lunatic" as well as an april fool!! LOL
[dance]
Pro 14:8 The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.

--------------------
Yahshua HaMashiach

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaffin
Advanced Member
Member # 6221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaffin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys I forgot my password and just figured out how to recover it. Anyway...

I have been trying to catch on some things on here and was wondering how the scriptures cand be interpreted to predict a Tsunami? On April 1st?
quote:
Rev 8:8-9 Then the second angel blew his trumpet. Something that looked like a huge mountain on fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea was turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
One more question? Is this before or after the Rapture? Just curious...
Posts: 27 | From: Milton, WV. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alasdair
unregistered

Rev 8:8-9 Then the second angel blew his trumpet. Something that looked like a huge mountain on fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea was turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
vizionary
Community Member
Member # 6271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vizionary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could this be depicting the blood of the lamb on the land and it's people coming in waves?

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

--------------------
Yahshua HaMashiach

alasdair
unregistered

quote:
so it appears your "mechanisms" are bibliomancy and skrying?? [/QB]
No - it is how I described it - have a look at the picture at the top of the post.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
originally posted by alasdair
God communicates through the World itself, from big images like the map with the ***** of Babylon to tiny little things in everyday life. If you look properly then you will see for yourself.....

The Old Testament is a series of parables - ie stories to represent the truth...but this quote comes from Joel.Verse 19 describes the volcanic eruption/tsunami of April 1st 2007. Seeing visions and dreaming dreams just means being able to receive communication from God - just not through either of these mechanisms.

...so it appears your "mechanisms" are bibliomancy and skrying??
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by alasdair:
quote:
Originally posted by EL3LN3TN:
This has been covered on several "Discovery channel" & "History Channel" - type programs, already- no biggie - it could happen.

The programs did not give a date when it would happen.
<ROFL> - But apparently YOU have. Whoopie-doo.

So you are claiming to have the internet ability to prophecy future events, only months in advance?? Events that have been recently in the public eye, to boot, right?? [Big Grin]

That one, right there sends up a red flag, as prophecies are normally given years in advance of their fulfillment, sometimes 28-50 or more years in advance.

But anyhoo...this thread should be big fun on Apr. 2 2007....and yes, keep in mind tsunamis have been really in vogue the past couple years - as if that one was'nt another obvious [Roll Eyes]

alasdair
unregistered

Job is a parable, but I don't know exactly what it represents yet.
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm sure that God could communicate through dreams if he wanted to, but so can Satan. It is therefore impossible to distinguish between the two. However, Satan has no influence on the structure of the Universe, so that is a solid, reliable method of communication
So satan can influence a dream but not how you see pasta sauce in a bowl?
If satan has no means of perverting creation:
how have we come to this point?

The LORD asked satan if he had considered Job.
satan tried to get GOD to put his hand against Job, but the Lord put it in the hand of satan.

The Sabeans took Job's oxen and donkeys and killed the servants;
the LORD didn't put His hand agains Job;
who sent the Sabeans?

The messenger told Job the fire of God fell from heaven on the sheep and servants;
the LORD's hand wasn't against Job;
Who sent the fire?

Chaldeans took the camels and killed the servants;
who sent them?

A great wind from the wilderness killed Job's sons and daughters;
the LORD's hand wasn't against Job;
who sent the wind?

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alasdair
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

Peter gave 3 food restrictions to the gentiles after receiving a vision (you can accuse me here of double standards) warning him three times not to declare anything unlean that has been declared clean. I do not follow Peter, his advice or anything he says in his letters, but this quote comes from Joel. The Old Testament is a series of parables - ie stories to represent the truth. Verse 19 describes the volcanic eruption/tsunami of April 1st 2007. Seeing visions and dreaming dreams just means being able to receive communication from God - just not through either of these mechanisms. I'm sure that God could communicate through dreams if he wanted to, but so can Satan. It is therefore impossible to distinguish between the two. However, Satan has no influence on the structure of the Universe, so that is a solid, reliable method of communication.
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

quote:
God communicates through the World itself, from big images like the map with the ***** of Babylon to tiny little things in everyday life. If you look properly then you will see for yourself.
Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

V.19 "signs in the earth"
agrees with your "through the World itself".

But you seem to deny much of what is in 14-18.
What about old men dreaming dreams?
Young men seeing visions?
Sons and daughters with the Spirit poured on them prophesy?

Are you saying these things have passed us by, but you still see through the World itself?

Do you deny the words of Peter as you do the writings of Paul?

T7

alasdair
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
alasdair,
on your site, (that I would not recommend to any and will not visit again)
you have a PDF that says -
God doesn't speak to men today in dreams and visions.
SO -
How did you come by this April fool prediction?

I noticed you said you saw things from God in a bowl of pasta sauce and in spilled water:
how is this to be considered different than a vision?

T7

God communicates through the World itself, from big images like the map with the ***** of Babylon to tiny little things in everyday life. If you look properly then you will see for yourself.
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

alasdair,
on your site, (that I would not recommend to any and will not visit again)
you have a PDF that says -
God doesn't speak to men today in dreams and visions.
SO -
How did you come by this April fool prediction?

I noticed you said you saw things from God in a bowl of pasta sauce and in spilled water:
how is this to be considered different than a vision?

T7

alasdair
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by EL3LN3TN:
This has been covered on several "Discovery channel" & "History Channel" - type programs, already- no biggie - it could happen.

The programs did not give a date when it would happen.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

...but seriously, folks [pound] ...what's being referred to here, is the potential for a huge volcanic landslide on the island of La Palma, sending tsunamis westward across the Atlantic, toward the U.S. continent

.... [Roll Eyes] This has been covered on several "Discovery channel" & "History Channel" - type programs, already- no biggie - it could happen.

The map's totally hilarious, tho... [pound] [pound] [pound]

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[pound]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...a pre-emptive April's Fools Day gag...
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only through Jesus is there salvation, for He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Romans 10:
9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Any extra-Biblical knowledge which teaches contrary to the Word is false teaching.

Jesus is returning Alasdair, and He will rule with His saints.

Rev. 1:
5: And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6: And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Acts 1:
9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Rev. 20:
4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5: But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6: Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Very little of the Word is to be found on your website Alasdair, and a majority of your personal interpretation of the world, and a manipulation of worldly names to misinterpret eschatology.

The Word of God is what is Truth Alasdair, not private interpretations of man.

What you teach is contrary to the Word of God, Alasdair.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it would be foolish. HA HA HA HAaaa.....APRIL FOOLZ!!! [pound]

Hudson Bay is the "**** of Babylon"??? <ROFLMAO!!!>

alasdair
unregistered

-

The teachings of Jesus show us that we must sell our possessions, give the money to the poor, then follow him; a teaching seen as foolish even by most church-going Christians. In general, people do not follow this teaching. The result is that for every person in rich Western society, there is someone in the world living on less than the equivalent of $1 (50p) a day – about a billion people. A further 1.5 billion live on less than $2 a day, meaning that about half the world’s population is in poverty.

In order to alleviate the suffering of the poor and to provide a means for people to repent from their sins, God has arranged for an end. Plagues are necessary (a) to get the attention of those who would otherwise be apathetic to the plight of the poor, and (b) to begin the destruction of what has resulted from not following Jesus – the products of our own wisdom, the infrastructure of our self-centred capitalist society.

The first of these plagues is a tsunami, predicted to hit the East Coast of the USA on 1st April 2007. This date is significant because (a) it is Palm Sunday, celebrating the return of Jesus to Jerusalem and (b) it is All Fools' Day. Solomon and wisdom are the number of the beast (see http://www.worldends.co.uk) and foolishness is the opposite of wisdom. As stated above, following the commandments of Jesus is seen as foolish by modern society. Therefore All Fools' Day is a day of anti-wisdom and destruction of the beast.

Emphasis is placed in the Bible about not knowing when things will happen (Luke 12,40: "And you, too, must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you are not expecting him."). Therefore, because the date is predicted, you can be sure that no one will expect the tsunami to happen on that day (it would be foolish wouldn’t it?).

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement