Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » WILL THE REAL CHURCH PLEASE STAND UP

Author Topic: WILL THE REAL CHURCH PLEASE STAND UP
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, artm. You said:

Where is the real Church? The true Church? The genuine Church?

Not everyone who claims to be a part of the true Church actually is.

First of all, The "true Church" is a follower of Jesus Christ, No ifs ands or buts.

The true Church does not debate whether or not Christ is the only way in which one can be saved.

The "Real Church" accepts what the Bible says about Jesus as the "only way" of Genuine Salvation.

While there may be some areas that can be debated, The subject of Jesus Christ and him crucified are not up for debate.

Eden here:

Hi, artm. Don’t most Protestant Christians believe the above? And if that is so, does that mean that the Protestant Christian church is the “true Church”?

Who, artm, in the current world scene, would you classify as being “not the true Church” then, just so I can understand what you mean?

Be blessed,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everybody.

The " True " Church has always suffered persecution in one way or another from a World that is against God and those who are part of that Church.

I emphasize " True " Church because there is within that body of true believers that which claims to be the Church,But in realality, are not.

Jesus Himself said, " Not everyone who says Lord, Lord shall enter in "

There are those who claim to be the Church, meeting to determin wreather or not Jesus is indeed the only way in which one can be saved.

Thats not the " True " Church.

There are those who are now Ordaining homosexuals to stand in the office of pastors and teachers within what it says is the church.

Then, There are those who say that Mary is co-redeemer with Christ, And that Faith in Mary can give one Salvation.

Yes the True Church has, And does, suffer persecution, And that persecution is growing in the United States,by leaps and bounds.

When True Ministers of the Gospel Preach against sin,they are labeled as bigots,or of preaching hate, And so on.

Also, It is not Wrong to be a member of a Denomination.

Yes, Many denominations are going down a slippery slope, Preaching anything and everything other than the True Gospel of Jesus Christ.

There are Non-Denominational Churches who are falling into the same Pit.

Denominational or Not is not the Problem.

The Problem is, What do we do with Jesus.?

What do we do with the Word of God.?

Jude Exhorted us to " earnestly contend for the Faith ".

Today in many cases, It is no longer, ' What does the Bible say " But what does my Denomination say.

When We place the word of our Denomination over the Word of God, That is Sin.

And I could go on and on, But I'm sure you understand what I am talking about.

And so I will simply conclude by saying.

WILL THE REAL CHURCH, PLEASE STAND UP.

God Bless. Pastor Mann

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SUNNIE2DAY
Member # 6301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SUNNIE2DAY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've yet to find a "denominational" true church sadly.

--------------------
BLESSINGS
SUNNIE

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, artm. You said:

"Second, the world has always been the enemy of the True Church, but today there is an all out attack against the Church as it makes the True Word of God its Standard."

Eden here: There has always been a church since the Pentecost following Jesus resurrection and ascension. Throughout its history, the church has been attacked, sometimes more, sometimes less.

And no wonder. The Devil knows who has been taken out of his kingdom and has been transfered legally into the church of the kingdom of God's Dear Son.

The Devil is always fighting to get his former citizens back from the church which has taken them.

That is nothing new and has been going on, with periods of calmer and periods of persecution, for centuries and will continue until Jesus comes.

Will these attacks intensify before the Second Coming of Jesus because the fight is on for Jerusalem from which the King of all the earth will rule? Probably will intensify.

Will it exceed in pain and devastation the destruction caused by some of the Roman Emperors on the eartly church? That, I don't know. Per capita, that was also VERY INTENSE, much worse than the church is experiencing in MOST countries.

And this persecution of the church even varies from country to country, so that any supposed "attack on the church" even has to quantified more by country if one going to say what you said, artm:

Hi, artm. You said:

"Second, the world has always been the enemy of the True Church, but today there is an all-out attack against the church as it makes the True Word of God its Standard."

The church has always made the Word of God its Standard.

Be blessed.
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometime ago I preached a message on this topic. I would like to share just a portion of this message with you.

The Scriptures boldly declares that " In the last days perilous times will come "

I believe this refers to the physical sence,But also the Spiritual sence.

Making this message short,I want to say that there seems to be much confusion as to what the Church really is.

Even within what claims to be the Church there is confusion.

What is the Church ? Who is the Church.?

The world doesn't know,And that is sad enough by itself. But sader still is the fact that many attend Church service and do not have a clear view as to who the Church really is.

Where is the real Church.? The true Church.? The genuine Church.?

Not everyone who claims to be a part of the true Church actually is.

First of all, The " true Church " is a follower of Jesus Christ, No if's and's or but's.

The true Church does not debate wreather or not Christ is the only way in which one can be saved.

The " Real Church " accepts what the Bible says about Jesus as the " only way " of Genuine Salvation.

While there may be some area's that can be debated,The subject of Jesus Christ and him crucified are not up for debate.

Second, The World has always been the enemy of the True Church,But today there is an all out attack against the Church as it makes the True Word of God it's Standard.

Just today the news channel told of a move by some to remove from a denomination who supports homosexuality.

Even though the Bible tells us that homosexuality is a sin,Yet much of the church has made a stand for this sinful practise.

Will the Real Church please stand up.

Be a wittness in this world for the Glory of God.

People will call you many names,they will call you bigot,hateful, But put God first.

God Bless. Pastor Mann

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement