Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Forgive myself?

Author Topic: Forgive myself?
BigHead
Community Member
Member # 6143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks

--------------------
Hi, I'm Big head

Posts: 15 | From: Asia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BigHead:
If some one wronged me, I can forgive him. But if I wronged some one else, I always could not forgive myself.
My friends, what's your opinion?

Here are some links that may help you:

http://www.rbc.org/bible_study/discovery_series/booklet/31018.aspx

http://www.rbc.org/bible_study/discovery_series/booklet/31139.aspx

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, BigHead. You said:

If some one wronged me, I can forgive him. But if I wronged some one else, I always could not forgive myself.

Eden here:

It may be easier to forgive someone else’s wrong because at least I know who to blame: NOT ME. But when I myself commit a wrong, it is not easy to blame myself.

On the other hand, one can say that we are all “about sinners alike”, so that I should expect me to screw up a little bit too, being a kicked-out-of-the-garden-variety descendant of Adam and Eve.

On the other hand, if I hit a pedestrian accidentally with my car and that pedestrian was now trying to get up from the ground in front of my car but he could not because his back was broken (I saw that once, the woman screaming in the car at the sight of what had happened), something like that would probably be very hard to digest, especially if through a careless moment it had been my fault.

From that, then, may I conclude that some things are easier to forgive myself for (shall I say, let go?) than other things, isn’t that true?

In one astonishing story I read once, two teens were drag-racing and one of them slammed into a little red car…it was his mother driving down the road with her friend in the little red car. The teen looked through the windshield at his mother, dying, and he could do nothing about it. Then he went to prison for 4 years to think some more about it. Unbelievable. And the crazy stuff that’s going on in Iraq? Unbelievable. Would it drive me too to revenge, or, could I forgive?

Be blessed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it is harder to forgive ourselves then others. But, we need to because if we don't we are holding on to something that stands between us and God. I have found that if I ask God to help me to forgive myself, He does.
Think of the reasons why you forgive others. Some of the reasons can apply to yourself.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigHead
Community Member
Member # 6143

Icon 20 posted      Profile for BigHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends, what's your opinion?

--------------------
Hi, I'm Big head

Posts: 15 | From: Asia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement