Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Who Creates The Heart?

Author Topic: Who Creates The Heart?
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea it's awesome to bear Good Fruit
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good heart is not an accident.

Yahweh works with individuals through trails of life to make individuals “good trees” or bad trees”.

Parents have a great responsibility in making a tree “good or bad”

Training a child in the way he/she should go doesn’t guarantee salvation but it does make the child more receptive to the Holy Spirit when Yahweh begins to draw them to Himself for salvation..

At no time in the salvation experience does Yahweh seal you to eternal salvation so that you may live like hell.

A good tree may turn bad

Or

A bad tree may turn good

The promise of eternal salvation is for those that endure to the end of their personal faith and trust in Yeshua’s Blood Atonement

Not for those that give up before the race is over..

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Helpfor.... You said something like, "Eden, I don't agree with your definition of backslider."

Eden here: I was reading today in Hebreos in my Spanish Bible, and it said this in Hebrews 2:1, translated in English:

1 However, it is necessary that we attend with more diligence to the things that we have heard, lest we allow them to "slide away from us" ("no sea que nos deslicemos").

Lest we slide away from the things that we have heard. THAT is backsliding, like I said before.

Backsliding is NOT INITIALLY a "behavior thing" (don't touch, don't taste, don't see), but backsliding is FIRST and FOREMOST sliding away from the things we have heard, and then, yes, then behavior always follows too.

And also in Hebreos 3:12 in Spanish, as translated:

"Watch, brothers, that there is in none of you a bad heart of unbelief by separating yourselves from the living God." ("Mirad, hermanos, que no haya en ninguno de vosotros corazon malo de incredulidad para apartarse del Dios vivo")

That also describes "backsliding", "apartarse", "set oneself apart from", "separating oneself from" the living God.

There are many degrees of backsliding because one can "just be starting to backslide" or one can already have been backsliding into unbelief in the living God for several years.

Conversely, to prevent this, Hebreos 3:13 in Spanish says this, as translated:

"Rather, exhort one another every day since it also says, Today. So that none of you hardens himself or herself by the pleasure of sin".

Backsliding is thus "sliding away from the things we have heard" (although later on it is not that hard to tell that someone is in a "backslidden conditon" BY the things that they regularly do, things like, steal, lie, bully, harass, get into fights, and many worse things such as are done in the Democratic Republic of Congo, for instance.

However, the Biblical definition of a backslider seems to be what I said, sliding away from believing anymore in the living God.

Be blessed, everyone.

Eden

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
End I dont like your definition of a backslider at all. I dont think it is accurate. If a person were able to cease believing, the scripture says it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to return to repentance.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, J4Jesus. You said:

Well take a Christian vs. the Backslider.

A Christian does Good for the Lord and is doing everything they Should be because they Have THE HEART for that.

Eden here:

The Christian ACQUIRES that heart over time; and different Christians acquire MORE or LESS of this heart of doing good for the Lord (by good, I mean do something to promote the gospel).

You say:

A Backslider is a Backslider BECAUSE they have a BACKSLIDEN HEART.
Right?

Eden here:

A backslidden heart is a heart that has stopped believing that Jesus’s death on the cross means that I do not have to pay the penalty of death anymore for my sins. That’s a backslidden heart.

You say:

Well how can a Backslider Become Obedient if He doesn't have THE HEART? Who Gives the Backslider that HEART OF CHANGE?

Eden here:

Three things will give the Christian the more obedient heart: (1) listening to the counsel of the Holy Spirit; (2) feeding on the words of God in the Bible; and (3) praying to the Lord about our needs and His needs.

When a Christian does those 3 things, there will come a more obedient heart. But I suspect that if you are feeling backslidden, J4J, then you are not doing those 3 things sufficiently.

You say:

People keep giving me the Impression that a Backslider has to WILL Themself Out and Repent and Return to God but a person can Only Do what's in their Heart to do.

Eden here:

The backslider does have to will himself to do those 3 things above; but if he will do them, then the counsel of the Holy Spirit and the words of the Bible and the answers to prayer will do the Work for him and it won’t hardly seem like work to him at all; in the end the Lord’s yoke of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God will be very easy and light, once you get the hang of it.

But it’s not fair to complain that “nothing seems to be happening” when you don’t do what you have to do to have “something happen”.

And contrary to what you said, I’m NOT talking about DOING GOOD FOR THE Lord here. I’m talking about doing those 3 things and then GOOD WORKS WILL FOLLOW those 3 things. You’re trying to do good works FIRST but WITHOUT doing those 3 things sufficiently.

And you might as well kiss that fleshly attempt goodbye because it ain’t gonna happen. The Bible says that, "in your flesh dwells no good thing." So how are you going to get "good works" out of you unless you are first changed by the 3 things I mentioned above?

Be blessed.

Eden

J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man, i'm confused.

Jesus says "Make a Tree Good and it's Fruit Will Be Good, make a Tree Bad and it's Fruit Will Be Bad".

He talks about whatever is in a Person's HEART, that's what they Will do.

Well take a Christian vs. the Backslider.

A Christian does Good for the Lord and is doing everything they Should be because they Have THE HEART for that.

A Backslider is a Backslider BECAUSE they have a BACKSLIDEN HEART.

Right?

Well how can a Backslider Become Obedient if He doesn't have THE HEART? Who Gives the Backslider that HEART OF CHANGE?

People keep giving me the Impression that a Backslider has to WILL Themself Out and Repent and Return to God but a person can Only Do what's in their Heart to do.

So what's the Fuss?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement