Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Can We Still Sin In Heaven?

Author Topic: Can We Still Sin In Heaven?
bought@paid4
Advanced Member
Member # 6110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bought@paid4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Good answer.
Posts: 26 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bought@paid4
Advanced Member
Member # 6110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bought@paid4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Hi, bought@paid4. You said something like "we will not have a sin nature in heaven."

Eden here: There also was no sin nature in heaven BEFORE Lucifer and the one-third angels sinned. But they ended up sinning.

The Bible says we will be as the angels. It is true that when we go to heaven or heaven on earth, we will no longer have our sin nature either.

J4Jesus is therefore wondering, if the sinless angels could sin eventhough they were sinless, what would prevent US from sinning once WE were as "beautiful as Lucifer was before he sinned"?

I think the answer must lie in that the angels went from good to bad, whereas we will go in the opposite direction, from bad to good.

And now that we know bad, when we see how good good is, we will never again make that mistake. Even Lucifer is probably like totally mad at himself for screwing up that much now that he has seen how bad bad really is.

Be blessed

Eden

I like your answer.

I see what you are saying about the angels. Also, if Adam and Eve were perfect, how did they fall?

Well, Jesus died for all sin for all time, so maybe that is the answer to why we can remain in heaven even if we do ever sin again. Not sure, haven't studied this out. Just throwing out thoughts as they come. Might think of something different later.

Does the Bible say there will be no sin in heaven or is that something that is said without scripture to back it up? I've always heard that but not sure I've ever come across it in the Word. If I have, I don't remember.

Tough question.

I like your answer in the fact that we see and know the destruction of sin, so why would we want to go back to that? And we won't have to because we won't have the sin nature anymore.

Posts: 26 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, bought@paid4. You said something like "we will not have a sin nature in heaven."

Eden here: There also was no sin nature in heaven BEFORE Lucifer and the one-third angels sinned. But they ended up sinning.

The Bible says we will be as the angels. It is true that when we go to heaven or heaven on earth, we will no longer have our sin nature either.

J4Jesus is therefore wondering, if the sinless angels could sin eventhough they were sinless, what would prevent US from sinning once WE were as "beautiful as Lucifer was before he sinned"?

I think the answer must lie in that the angels went from good to bad, whereas we will go in the opposite direction, from bad to good.

And now that we know bad, when we see how good good is, we will never again make that mistake. Even Lucifer is probably like totally mad at himself for screwing up that much now that he has seen how bad bad really is.

Be blessed

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bought@paid4
Advanced Member
Member # 6110

We will no longer have the sin nature in heaven.
Eden
unregistered

Hi, J4Jesus. You said: What about the backslider.

Eden here:

Here is your problem. You think that your behavior makes you a backslider. But your BEHAVIOR does NOT make you a backslider.

What makes someone a backslider is when that someone STOPS believing that Jesus died on my behalf so that I don't have to die for my sins anymore. THAT is a backslider.

But as far as I know, J4Jesus, you have never stopped believing in Jesus as your death Substitute, so YOU ARE NOT A BACKSLIDER.

Let me repeat, your BEHAVIOR does not make you a backslider, but whether you believe that Jesus died in your place, only that makes someone a backslider.

Be blessed.

Eden

J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about the Backslider?
Eden
unregistered

Hi, helpforhomeschoolers. I can't copy for some reason so I have to repeat what I think you said which was something like "the angels are created, but we are born of God. And when Lucifer sinned, one-third of the angels sinned with him. But the remaining angels are HOLY angels".

Eden here: By HOLY you presumably mean "have not sinned but other than that they are still the same as when they were created"?

You go on to say something like: "but we are BORN of God, and NOT created."

Eden here:

But one could also say that God is going to have to do some CREATING here when the redemption of by body comes.

And, the Bible says that "we will be like the angels of God":

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but ARE AS THE ANGELS OF GOD IN HEAVEN.

helpfor....How do you reconcile this with what you have said so far?

Be blessed.

Eden

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The angels are created beings. Angels are not born OF God they are created by HIM. There was iniquity in Lucifer and when he was cast from heaven 1/3 of the angels came with him and were bound in chains in darkness until the judgment. The angels that are remaining in heaven are HOLY Angels.

When we get to heaven, we are no more created beings, we are born of GOD and the sin that is in our flesh is left here and we have glorified spiritual bodies not flesh and blood.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, J4Jesus. That is a very good question.

I think the difference will be something like this.

In Lucifer's day, being sinful was still a mere theory; they knew how to be good, but did they know how to be bad?

In our day, it is the reverse. We know how to be bad, but then we shall be good. Having known good first without knowing bad did not work. But I think knowing bad first and good next WILL work.

And secondly, it may be that the LORD will DESTROY anyone in heaven who turns to sin again, instead of letting sin flourish so that people could see its ugly face:

Nahum 1:9
What do you imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end; affliction shall not rise up the second time.

For fear of the LORD and because of going this time from bad to good instead of from good to bad, sin will not rise up anymore in heaven the second time.

Be blessed.

Eden

J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan who was an ANGEL OF LIGHT at one Point Was Able to Rebel Against God and Make other Angels Rebel against God IN HEAVEN.

How is that possible? I thought Heaven was Perfect.

So if they were able to do that Then, what's gonna Stop us Humans from Sinning when in the New Heaven and New Earth?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement