Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What To Do When Told No?

Author Topic: What To Do When Told No?
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i am 18 going on 19.

Yea some other people have told me to ask God about it but i'm REALLY backslidden so i don't think i'm gonna hear from much Him.

Would God tell me anyway? I thought it was our choice what we decide to do in life.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGreatSouthLand
Community Member
Member # 6062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheGreatSouthLand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the end of the J4Jesus, you need to know in your heart that what you are doing, be it in the air-force or marines, is where God himself wants you. If he wants you in the air-force then thats where you sh ould stay. In doing so, you will not miss out in any kind of way.
I would encourage you to seek the Lord on this and ask HIM where he wants you to be.
All the best

Posts: 10 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, J4Jesus. You said: man ya'll, I'm in the Air Force but i REALLY don't wanna do it, i Wanna go Marine Corps but it really bothers my dad and he gets really mad everytime i mention this.

Eden here:
If you're not 18 years old yet, you could wait semi-patiently until you are 18, and then you can join the Marines.

But your father is scared that you his son would die on him, that's why he wants you to go in the safer Air Force.

J4Jesus here:
I mean, God doesn't care, why should my dad?

Eden here:
Whether God cares or not depends on what God has decided He wants and can use you for.

J4Jesus here:
I mean, he tells me he'll support me with whatever i wanna do, so why the big change all of a sudden?

Eden here: He doesn’t want to lose his son.

J4Jesus here:
I feel like i'm missing out not being in the Marines.

Eden here:
Wait until you are 18 then.

Lord, bless him.

Eden

J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man ya'll, I'm in the Air Force but i REALLY don't wanna do it, i Wanna go Marine Corps but it really bothers my dad and he gets really mad everytime i mention this.

I mean, God doesn't care, why should my dad? I mean, he tells me he'll support me with whatever i wanna do, so why the big change all of a sudden?

I feel like i'm missing out not being in the Marines.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement