Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Receive the kingdom of God as a little child?

Author Topic: Receive the kingdom of God as a little child?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little Children know that they are not GOD. They know that they cannot meet all their own needs; they know that they cannot control their environment;they do not have rocks in their garden that are the cares of this world; they believe with innocent faith; they do not have to have things proven to them; they trust. They dont have to see it to believe it.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little child depends on it's mother and father for everything, and it must learn from them to gain a understanding of the world.

In the same manner a child of God must completely depend on his Father in heaven and trust in Him for understanding and direction. Trusting and believing in faith that He knows what's best for his children.

You know how a child runs to his dad when things get scary because he knows he's safe in his dad's arms? In the same manner we should trust our heavenly Father, depending on Him for everything.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The things that are essential to salvation are so exceedingly simple that no child need sit down in despair of understanding the things which make for his peace.

Yeshua crucified is not a riddle for sages, but a plain Truth of Yahweh for plain people.

Instead of the child needing to wait until he grows up and becomes a man, it is the man who must grow down and become like a child!

“Whoever shall not receive the kingdom of Yahweh as a little child shall by no means enter it.”

Our Lord’s words are a complete and all-sufficient answer to the thought of His disciples and we may, each one, as we read them, learn wisdom.

Let us not say, “Would to Yahweh my child were grown up like myself that he might come to Yeshua.”

No, but rather may we almost wish that we were little children again, could forget much that we now know, could be washed clean from habit and prejudice and could begin again with a child’s freshness, simplicity and eagerness!

As we pray for spiritual childhood, Scripture sets its seal upon the prayer, for it is written, “Except a man be born again He cannot see the kingdom of Yahweh.”

And again,

“Except you are converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven.”

Now, this deliverance from preconceived notions is what we greatly need! My highly cultured and learned hearer over yonder, you must come to Yeshua as if you knew nothing!

You must begin with a clean page, on which Yeshua must write what you are to believe.

Just as your little boy or your little girl must believe, even so must you. There is only
ONE way for the shepherd and the sage, the philosopher and the peasant.

The little child receives Yeshua humbly, for he never dreams of merit or purchase. I do not recollect ever having met with a child who had to battle with self-righteousness in coming to Yeshua.

A child cannot say, “Lord, I have been a constant attendant at Church or at the
Meeting House for years.

I have taken the sacrament regularly for half-a-century!

” Neither can he say with the Pharisee,
“I fast twice in the week. I give tithes of all that I possess.”

Now, when a little one believes in the Yeshua, it is always with a heart clear of boasting and with a soul which

Sings—
“In my hand no price I bring,
Simply to Your Cross I cling.”

That is how you will have to come to Yeshua, my fine grown-up! You must doff those feathers of pride and strip off that finery of self-righteousness or you will find Heaven’s gate too low and too narrow for you!

A little child is free from the pride of knowledge—they have no “culture” and research to heap up before the Cross.

Certain men will not come to Yeshua because they know too much. Their self-conceit will be their ruin. They have read and they have thought and they have studied and, therefore, they know better than Inspiration, better than Apostles and Prophets!

But my big brother, you must be diminished and brought down from the chair of the critic to the stool of the scholar if ever you are to be saved.

Saving truth enters the heart—it is not developed from within—and it will have to come into you as it comes into the child, simply by believing what Jesus says, or else you will be a castaway. There is no other way of your entering into the kingdom of Yahweh but by the door which admits a child!

excerpt from Charles Spurgeon

hope it help your understanding

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does it mean to "receive the kingdom of God as a little child"?

Luke 18:17 {NKJV)

17 Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.”

Be blessed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement