Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Justified anger?

Author Topic: Justified anger?
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there shadowmaker....

I understand completely what you're saying about us (christians) not having to be "door mats" or "punching bags" for the rest of the world to pick on....and yes....satan has had his way in this world....especially recently in our courts and schools, etc....

But should we expect anything less than this type of persecution as we draw nearer to the return of Christ?

Yes....Christ did get angry....and immediately after that table-turning episode, He began to teach and heal the sick.

So I do agree with you.....to a certain degree.
I look forward to meeting you in the eternal kingdom someday.

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Yeshua gives the Child of Yahweh an example of every situation we will have to deal with, in our Christian walk. Yeshua was angry at those people defiling the Temple but His anger was brought under the control of the Holy Spirit.
It took a good long time for Yeshua to plait that whip of those small cords.

Yeshua did not run in and act like a crazy man, Yeshua followed the principle in the scripture “let everything be done decently and in order

Look a John 2:15….

And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

It takes time to plait a scourge of small cords, this show Yeshua had not just ran in off the street and start tossing tables, Yeshua sat down a collected His thoughts, probably took time to pray, while He was praying He made a whip (that would be the Yeshua I see in Scripture) transforming His thought into the thoughts of His Father. Yeshua was under the control of the Holy Spirit the whole time, not fulfilling the sin that was in His anger.

He was angry with religious people…

Yeshua did not have beef with the lost, He just want them to let them open their eyes…..but Yeshua never compromised truth to get them to see it.

1 Corinthians
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

The message of the cross, death to self through the Grace (Power and Ability of Yahweh) is foolishness to them that are perishing.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not wrong to be angry. Even Jesus got angry.

Matt 21:12
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

I think Jesus really threw a fit at this moment. A person has to be really angry to turn over tables.

If they are bad mouthing God, then yes, I think you have the right to stand up for him, even if it means getting angry. Being a Christian doesnt mean you are weak. I think thats what wrong now, too many Christians DONT get angry. Theyve taken it out of the schools, court houses, etc etc. I think its time to get angry.

As far as getting angry bc someone wont accept Jesus, then no. Plant the seed, pray and let God do the work.

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as we were once blind to the truth, the unbelieving, un-regenerated world cannot see the truth. When the Holy Spirit of God entered in and lifted the blinders from in front of our faces...it was then and only then...that we understood the Word of God. This scripture comes to the forefront when we speak of this:

1 Corinthians 1:17-19 (New King James Version)
17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written: “ I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

So with this truth known, do we have the right to be angry with a non-regenerative, unbelieving person who mocks and scorns the Word of God?

I think the answer is "no".

When we get angry or impatient with a non-believer (or even that Jehovah's Witness at the front door), that would be the equivalent of transferring the responsibility of salvation to us instead of God....as if we are the ones who have to do the saving. I view it as a selfish anger.
True....in my flesh, I do get frustrated big-time with non-believers when they just don't get it. But just like the scripture says above, it's "foolishness" to those who are perishing.

So I try to be patient now......and show the love of Christ...instead of the selfishness of myself.

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement