Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Can God use rap music to save souls?

Author Topic: Can God use rap music to save souls?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there is room for personal style since all of us are naturally different to which the Holy Spirit has been added, so I expect variety.

I think that God would be pleased with any music that glorifies Him and whose words can be easily understood to be Christian.

I think that if the LORD hears music that could also be the Devil's music since the words are mostly unintelligible, then God isn't going to go for that.

I mean, you can do what you want, a lot of Christians listen say, to Jazz, but that isn't Chritian music either.

But if your INTENT is to try get somebody saved off with rap music as it is presently constituted, I don't see how anybody can get saved from the few words that I could understand of your "Christian" rap song.

Ok, I have a suggestion. Why not post the lyrics here and let's see what it says.

Be blessed.

Eden

There are a number of objects to Christian music, one is to comfort and worship and feel thanks,

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
nothing in Christianity is about personal style,
style is what appeals to the flesh.

This is ridiculous. Of course there is room for personal style in Christianity. Read sermons or listen to them? Pray with your eyes open, or eyes closed? Read a verse and pray, or read a whole passage then pray? Sunday morning early service, or late service?

There is plenty of room for style in Christianity. And even though you probably don´t realize it, you have your own preferences and styles too.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nothing in Christianity is about personal style,
style is what appeals to the flesh.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Ludamizleeto, I did take a listen but man you got to know Yahweh hates mixture, I’ve got nothing against you but that isn’t music it’s noise.

Its obviously not your style... but it is the style of many "unsaved" people, and they will listen to Ludamizleeto´s recordings before they start listening to hymns, I can guarentee you that.
Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ludamizleeto, I did take a listen but man you got to know Yahweh hates mixture, I’ve got nothing against you but that isn’t music it’s noise.

Verse 23 of Ezekiel 44: "They shall teach My people the difference between holy (the separate, the other than the world) and profane (the mixture with the world), and cause them to discern."

Worshipping Yahweh in Spirit and In Truth

Music born of rebellion, lawlessness, iniquity is unacceptable to worship Yahweh.

God has shown, in the Bible, His approval with those who follow His will and His displeasure and wrath with those who refuse to worship Him the way He has directed. God has always been clear about how he is to be worshipped, but man has not listened.

An example of acceptable and unacceptable worship in the Old Testament is that of Cain and Abel. Cain and Abel both worshipped God. Abel did as God directed, but Cain tried to worship God the way he saw fit. We read in Genesis 4:3-5, "And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of fruit of the ground to the Lord. Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the Lord respected Abel and his offering, but He did not respect Cain and his offering."

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, Ludamisleeto, I listened to the link and here is my critique/advice.

I was only able to understand maybe the last one or two words of each sentence, while the first 80% of each sentence was unintelligible.

To put it another way, if you had not told me that it was a Christian rap (with the intent of saving someone), I would have NEVER been able to tell from your rap song that it was a CHRISTIAN rap song.

For example, I heard the "devil" at the end of one of your lines, but hey, many non-Christians would use that word "devil" in their songs too.

My advice for what it's worth: Pronounce all the words clearly from the first word to the last word of each rhyming sentence so that your hearers can understand the message. The way it cam through my speakers now only the last few words of each line were intelligible, which was not enough for the hearer to be able to figure out that this was a saving or Christian message.

Let him who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Be blessed.

Eden

Eden
unregistered

My general guideline for Christian music has been whether the Lord Upstairs would like it enough to say to His Father and the angels and the saved people (since God is not the God of the dead but of the living), and the Lord says, "Hey, let's sit back and listen to this Christian rap."

If in your heart you think that the Lord would be willing to decide to listen to Christian rap music and accept it as worship music, then I think it is a good thing.

In all fairness, I'm saying this without having listened to your link.

But let me see what happens when i click on your link. I may get back to you.

Be blessed.

Eden

BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your gunna speak the truth, it might as well rhyme and get their heads are noddin right?
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludamizleeto
Member # 6029

Icon 15 posted      Profile for ludamizleeto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHRISTIAN RAP?

hello, my name is miz and i have been called to proclaim the truth of JESUS christ through rap. i would like to invite you to check some of the work out at http://www.myspace.com/ludamiz777

message me back if anyone has anything to say on the topic.

http://www.myspace.com/ludamiz777

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement