Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I Love Bible Study

Author Topic: I Love Bible Study
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, God Bless you! What a wonderful site that you have created! A beautiful tribute to Jesus and to your childhood Sunday School teacher and fantastic resource place for children. Very nicely done, and esy to navigate too! It will surely be a blessing to many.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Charles and welcome to the forum. I followed your link on another BB, and I truly enjoyed the superb art and the representations of Biblical truths. You have a great forum and presentation.

There should be such honor for those precious ones who introduce young hearts to our Lord. Sunday schools began in the 1700's in America and England, as a way for the poor to receive some education and instruction in Church faith and practice. It was the 1790's that the Methodists began a Sunday school in conjunction with their regular Church.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can i use some of your pictures for my stationary?
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and Greetings in name of Jesus Charlie Jr.

Welcome to the Christian BBS- there are alot different personalities here that all love God for the most part!

Sorry to have heard that your Sunday School Teacher had past on, but it just grande to know that she is in heaven.

Your post makes me remember my first Sunday School Teacher at the time I thought she knew Moses. Mrs Schuler would teach us in a very similar way. I always liked it when she taught about Shadract, Mieschac, and Abendigo. You know Daniel and the Lions Den. I always enjoyed the pagentry of Christ story during Christmas.

You can send some of that green from Washington to El Paso !

Eduardo Grequi
Psalms 118:17

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles Jr
Member # 6017

Icon 7 posted      Profile for charles Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a tribute to my Sunday School teacher, who now resides in Heaven. [rapture]

I was a Choir boy at 7, (that was 1949).

I loved Sunday School.

I learned a lot about Faith, Love, God and Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ from my Sunday School teacher.

The one thing that I remember the best was the way that she got me interested in reading and learning about Scripture Verses.

She had a lot of pictures that were drawn by members of the Church.

She used these pictures and meaningful words to represent specific Bible Verses.

In other words, she used Picture ~ Word association to teach us and help us remember some Bible Verses.

More specifically what she did was that, she took a Bible Verse and selected one significant Word that was within the Bible Verse and named one of the Pictures that Word.

Now, 57 years later I decided to recreate what she had done so that perhaps other folks and children might enjoy these Bible references and benefit from this unique form of Bible Study.

To accomplish this, I created a website.

I then commissioned Spiritual Artists from all over the world to illustrate a variety of Verses of the Holy Bible.

Then, as my Sunday School teacher did, I captioned these illustrations with a significant, single word that is within the Verse.

To date I have collected 60 illustrations that have been created by 28 Spiritual Artists from 10 different countries.

If anyone is interested, these can be freely viewed at the website that I created for them, which is listed in my profile (once you arrive there, you can simply click on “Contributing Artists” and/or “Bible Study”).

God Bless and keep you and yours,

charles

--------------------
Philippians 2:10

Posts: 4 | From: NW Washington State, USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement